Don't make em like they used to

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

bvigal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Don't make em like they used to

#1 Postby bvigal » Mon May 02, 2011 12:24 pm

BUMMER! I'm sitting here working on my older laptop, with my 16-month old Sceptre external monitor 16__ x 1200 75hz, purchased at Office Max in St. Thomas. It's been plugged in to an Eaton/Powerware 9120 UPS which is an $860 high-end unit filters all 9 power problems. In other words, it's had PERFECT power supplied to it since it came out of the box.

Moments ago, bam! It's dead. Really dead, (yes I checked cables, outlet, etc.) Just outside it's 1year warranty, now a $400 paperweight. Can't afford to hop on a ferry, hire a car, go shopping and come back, pay duty to bring it in; or to pay twice as much to buy the equivalent product in a store here. Laptop monitor does not even display 800 verticle pixels, it's murder.

Why do they build everything so crappy and 'throw-away' these days? Do they really think we want to buy a new washing machine, dryer, stove, fridge, etc. every 5 years and a new stereo, tv, computer, dvd player every 2-3 years, and new computer monitor every 16 months? Crap on those foreign factories! ... any Zeniths left around? :roll:
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”