Just Popping In

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Dee Bee
Category 5
Category 5

Just Popping In

#1 Postby Dee Bee » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:11 pm

Just popping in during storm season to say hello and to thank everyone for the weather services and camaraderie S2K offers. I've been retired a little over a year, as has my husband, and last Wednesday we moved from our gorgeous Boynton Beach FL home (sold in 4 days!) to live temporarily with my sister in Port Saint Lucie FL. We'll be house-hunting in Vero Beach FL shortly, where our daughter, son-in-law, and grandkids live. Once I figure out how to post pix via ImageShack, I'll share my sweeties and my new grammie look with you.

I plan to visit S2K more regularly-- honest! I'm also very active on Facebook; please send a FB friend request if you enjoy positivity and humor postings. My love to you all ~
0 likes   

Dee Bee
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Just Popping In

#2 Postby Dee Bee » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:43 pm

Here's my new Grammie look, with my favorite boy in the background, plus my favorite girl (his baby sister):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#3 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Dang she is almost as cute as our second granddaughter. :lol: What a cutie!! Love your look!! Very similar to how my wife wears her hair. That is a handsome young man you have with you.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby Stephanie » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Oh my goodness! How adorable!

Best of luck with the house hunting. I'm sure you will find something you will love soon.
0 likes   

Dee Bee
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby Dee Bee » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:05 pm

It must be Atlantic storm season if I'm popping into S2K again! I primarily follow S2K and some of you on FB these days. Retirement and full-time-hands-on Grammiehood continue to be heaven on earth for me. My grands are now 6 and 4. My husband and I are blessed to care for them daily from about 8 to 5. Our lovely, down-sized home in Vero Beach is about 4 miles from our daughter, son-in-law, and the grands. Tommy (our box turtle) remains alive and well; we frequently have Tally our Wheaten Terrier grand-dog stay for the day or overnights. Some semi-serious lower back and sciatica issues from last winter have slowed me down a bit, but I've been moving without a cane for several months now. All things considered, life is more than good!
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#6 Postby vbhoutex » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:06 pm

Thanks for stopping by again!! Being a grand parent takes time doesn't it? Ours are 6 and 3 now. Keep in touch.
What is your FB name?
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

TexasStooge
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby TexasStooge » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:22 am

You're not alone, Dee Bee. I've been away for a time too as I'm also active on Facebook. Also had some active moments such as the MDA Muscle Walk, my times at Six Flags, etc.

I'm hoping to make this at least a weekly visit.
0 likes   
Weather Enthusiast since 1991.
- Facebook
- Twitter

Dee Bee
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby Dee Bee » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Send a Friend Request on Facebook to "Diane Mitacek Bressner." I try to keep my security fairly tight.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”