New Droid User: WX App recommendations

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

JonathanBelles
Professional-Met
Professional-Met
Location: School: Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL) Home: St. Petersburg, Florida

New Droid User: WX App recommendations

#1 Postby JonathanBelles » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:09 pm

I jumped into the smart phone world today with a Galaxy S4 Active upgrade. I'm adding apps, and I am looking for recommendations for weather apps and any other must have apps. Obviously my first app was radarscope.

Thanks for any advice!
Jonathan
0 likes   

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#2 Postby RL3AO » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Came to tell you radar scope but never mind. Only other app I use is mPing which is an OU research app for reporting ongoing weather. I think it's on android.
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#3 Postby southerngale » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:28 pm

I was going to recommend PYKL3 Radar. I've never used Radarscope, but they are similar. My favorite tropical app is SeaStorm. I've tried many and ended up dumping all of them except SeaStorm. I talked with the developer a lot early on, giving advice on what I thought users wanted and I would test the app for him. He has consistently made it better over time and I highly recommend it.
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

lurkey
Category 5
Category 5

Re: New Droid User: WX App recommendations

#4 Postby lurkey » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:58 pm

Hurricane Impact(if he finally got the app in the Android store; Mark Sudduth's (hurricanetracker) app btw), Hurricane by Kitty Code ( I think they have an Android app now), Weatherbug Elite, your local TV station weather app, radarscope, yahoo! weather, TWC app, and a NOAA radio app. ETA; Weathermob, social weather app (I'm not sure if they have an Android app)
0 likes   
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
-- Hamlet, Act 1, scene 5

It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress. - Jacob, Lost

"Every single day, ordinary people do extraordinary things." --Jimmy V

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby brunota2003 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:22 pm

I don't think Mark's has made it...yet. It should be here very shortly, though!
0 likes   
Just a small town southern boy helping other humans.

thetruesms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#6 Postby thetruesms » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:39 pm

Weather Bomb is an attractive representation of what I think is the GFS, but not 100% on that.

WeatherGeek is a pretty basic, but still decent roundup of model graphics. Hasn't been updated in forever though, I think it's been abandoned.

I'm pretty sure an S4 has all the sensors to make Weather Station a useful add

And, of course, InstaWeather as a great way to add weather info to your selfies :wink: :lol:
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”