Prayers needed for David Rayner's Dad and him and family

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Prayers needed for David Rayner's Dad and him and family

#1 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:28 pm

This is the latest off his FB page. Please lift prayers and positive thoughts for them.

I need some heavy duty prayers right now...fast...rescue is loading dad into the unit with a signal 10 run to the hospital. I'm gone..

dont know anything yet, they did a cat scan on dad over an hour ago...waiting on results. may have been a stroke was one of the medics thoughts but nothing confirmed yet. anxiety on me is at an all time high but have to forget that right now...other things to take care of than me. will keep all updated.

David Rayner they are keeping dad for further tests. mri and a test on the arteries in his neck. he did not have a stroke but not sure what happened. will check in later.

3 separate messages into one. I have been messaging with him. Nothing past this at this point. Will keep you updated.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Nikki
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Santa Fe, TX (yes I typed that right TEXAS not New Mexico, I am about 20 miles from Galveston, TX)

Re: Prayers needed for David Rayner's Dad and him and family

#2 Postby Nikki » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Lifting them all up in prayer!!!!
0 likes   
My name is Nicole and this is what I go by in Storm2k chat! Come chat with us! We have fun in there too!!

A teacher's purpose is not to create students in her own image, but to develop students who can create their own image. ~Author Unknown

Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike

Dave
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#3 Postby Dave » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Ok I'm home for a little while. Mom wanted me to come in, pick up some paper work at their house, grab a bite to eat then relax. My sister is at the hospital now with her and I'm to take a break. I'll run back down in a few hours. Luckily they are at Dearborn county hospital which isn't that far from me..about 18 miles or so. He was resting comfortably when I left and they have him scheduled for an MRI at 445 pm tonight then the artery test right after it. So hopefully we have a few more test results back by tonight but I'd bet morning when his regular cardio doc comes to visit him. I'm going to fix something to eat then rest a little while...extremely stressful day here and it's taken a little toll on me too. Thanks everyone for the prayers and I'd like to ask that you keep them coming just in case.

Thanks David for bringing this into S2K...just no way I could get that iphone to work on here and I was as busy as I could get for a few hours with both of my parents....helped out a lot!! This is my facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/s2kdave

Ok I've missed lunch so going to fix something to eat, rest a bit then go back over to hospital. Thanks again everyone! Dave
0 likes   

Dave
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#4 Postby Dave » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:43 pm

Mom & I are home, they are keeping dad overnight for observation but all his tests have come back normal and he's bored...I would be too. His cardio guy wanted him in tonight just in case whatever it is...they still don't know...happens again. If so their monitors may pick it up since he's right there. I'll know more in the morning.
0 likes   

Dave
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#5 Postby Dave » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:32 pm

Dad was released from the hospital late this morning and is home now. All the tests they ran came back negative except his bp medicine was a little too strong so they've adjusted that. As for the dizziness besides the med problem they have no clue what's doing it except maybe allergies...I get that way from too much mold or pollen and they're starting to think dad may be like me. He is to rest for a few days then go back to a normal way of life again. Both parents are asleep now and I'm going to do the same thing very soon...I am finally back at my house and it feels really good in here. Thanks to all for their thoughts & prayers...they worked.
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby angelwing » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:41 pm

Just seen this, will keep him in my thoughts and prayers
0 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby northjaxpro » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:48 pm

I will definitely keep him and the family in my thoughts and prayers!!
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

Dave
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#8 Postby Dave » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Thanks everyone, he is very 'washed out' tonight but he got very little sleep in the hospital last night. Said it was so cold he froze all night + they drew blood every 3 hours and checked the monitors even sooner than that. Dad came home and went straight for the couch, mom said about an hour ago that he moved one time, to eat then went back and laid down. If he's doing that I know he's still not feeling well. We'll see....that's not like my dad.
0 likes   

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby artist » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:38 am

Dave, just saw this, all of you are in my prayers.
0 likes   

TexasStooge
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby TexasStooge » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:59 am

Keeping y'all in my prayers. Keep us posted!!
0 likes   
Weather Enthusiast since 1991.
- Facebook
- Twitter

Return to “Off Topic”