Need Your Prayers For My Son

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Need Your Prayers For My Son

#1 Postby DaylilyDawn » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:11 am

Recently my oldest son has not been feeling well and he went to the Dr. Dr told him to go to the hospital , he is in renal failure. He is rejecting the kidney he received in 2000. He will be going to have an operation on the 10th to put the tubes back in his stomach to allow him to do peritoneal dialysis. He was on peritoneal dialysis before the transplant. But last evening he was moved into Medical ICU because he is having trouble breathing, his oxygen levels are low due to his coughing so much he can't get a good breath in. He will be going back onto the organ transplant list and this time it might be longer than the last time it took to get that call.
0 likes   

FLCrackerGirl
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby FLCrackerGirl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:38 am

Offering Our Family's Prayers and Positive Thoughts for Your Son's Wellness and Speedy Journey Back to Good Health.
0 likes   

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: Need Your Prayers For My Son

#3 Postby Kalrany » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:49 am

Our prayers and positive thoughts for him and the rest of your family. Stay strong.
0 likes   
TOTAL NOVICE. The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
Lansing MI, Galveston TX, Madison WI, Houston TX, Newark DE

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby angelwing » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:40 pm

Prayers and thoughts coming here!
0 likes   

Nikki
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Santa Fe, TX (yes I typed that right TEXAS not New Mexico, I am about 20 miles from Galveston, TX)

#5 Postby Nikki » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:19 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone!! Stay Strong and God Bless!!
0 likes   
My name is Nicole and this is what I go by in Storm2k chat! Come chat with us! We have fun in there too!!

A teacher's purpose is not to create students in her own image, but to develop students who can create their own image. ~Author Unknown

Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#6 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:29 am

Oh DaylilyDawn I am so sad to hear this!! I've followed the journey with you and you have helped me understand it as a close friend went through his transplant-he is still doing well.
Know that prayers of support, healing, and comfort for your son and indeed you and the whole family are flowing from our household. Please keep us posted.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#7 Postby CajunMama » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:46 am

DD, I am saddened to hear of this. Your son and your family have my prayers and thoughts.
0 likes   

Ev1948
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby Ev1948 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:18 am

So sorry to hear this. Of course you can have prayers for you son, I pray all works out well for him.
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby DaylilyDawn » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:43 pm

A n update on My son
He is still in hospital, but the breathing tube is out. He is now able to cough up the gunk in his lungs and get it suctioned out so he is not cough as much. Antibiotics helped with that I am sure. He is still very weak and has not had the surgery yet to put the peritoneal dialysis tubes in yet.
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#10 Postby angelwing » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:18 am

Prayers continuing from PA!
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#11 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:08 pm

Still sending up prayers for your son and your family. Glad to know he is slowly getting better.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#12 Postby Stephanie » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:38 pm

I'm so sorry Daylily! I'm glad that he is able to breath on his own and hopefully he'll get that operation soon.

Is it "normal" or should I say does it happen often, to have an organ rejected after being transplanted a decade ago?
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#13 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:49 am

DaylilyDawn is there any update? Still praying for your son and the entire family.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#14 Postby Stephanie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:57 pm

vbhoutex wrote:DaylilyDawn is there any update? Still praying for your son and the entire family.

I hope that he is recovering and I am sending prayers. Please check in with us when you get a change and let us know.
0 likes   

RainbowAppleJackDash

#15 Postby RainbowAppleJackDash » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:59 pm

Extremely distraught to hear this :( Get well soon to your son! Hope he gets better!
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16 Postby DaylilyDawn » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:40 pm

An Update, My son is now home and has recovered from the infection that sent into the hospital. It was a respiratory infection he caught after a kid coughed in his face one day at his job. But that infection set off the rejection of the transplanted kidney. He is back on peritoneal dialysis and is slowly gaining back the weight he lost while sick. Right now he is at 88 lbs. He still needs to gain about 7 more pounds to get back to his normal weight . He is a very light weight man. He has never weighed more than 98 lbs in his entire life. And for him to lose 10 lbs or more leaves him looking like a walking skeleton. He will be putting his name back on the Organ Transplant list. And since he is on dialysis and has weight restrictions against lifting , he can't go back to work at his job.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#17 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:59 pm

Thanks for the update. Sending up prayers that the situation and his health will all be back to "normal" soon.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

#18 Postby Cyclenall » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:19 am

DaylilyDawn wrote:An Update, My son is now home and has recovered from the infection that sent into the hospital. It was a respiratory infection he caught after a kid coughed in his face one day at his job.

A kid doing that led to all of this? How does your family view this individual currently and does the kid know just how much trouble he's caused doing something so dispirited ? If a kid did that to me, they would be regretting it real fast. I hate it enough when people sneeze or cough near me just by common human operations but if someone did it on purpose, God help me control myself.

DaylilyDawn wrote:But that infection set off the rejection of the transplanted kidney. He is back on peritoneal dialysis and is slowly gaining back the weight he lost while sick. Right now he is at 88 lbs. He still needs to gain about 7 more pounds to get back to his normal weight . He is a very light weight man. He has never weighed more than 98 lbs in his entire life. And for him to lose 10 lbs or more leaves him looking like a walking skeleton.

Very few adults are that light, I'm just curious if that is related in any way to the kidney problems?

DaylilyDawn wrote:He will be putting his name back on the Organ Transplant list. And since he is on dialysis and has weight restrictions against lifting , he can't go back to work at his job.

Not to make light of this at all, but I don't think he would want to go back to his job after that incident. I know I wouldn't even if I had a good placement. Sending best wishes to your son and I hope he gets better soon.
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#19 Postby angelwing » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:27 am

Continuing to keep him (and you) in my prayers.
0 likes   

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#20 Postby northjaxpro » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:34 am

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your entire family DaylilyDawn. I pray for your son to have a speedy recovery.
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

Return to “Off Topic”