Need Your Prayers For My Son

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Need Your Prayers For My Son

#21 Postby DaylilyDawn » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:48 pm

Cyclenall wrote:
DaylilyDawn wrote:An Update, My son is now home and has recovered from the infection that sent into the hospital. It was a respiratory infection he caught after a kid coughed in his face one day at his job.

A kid doing that led to all of this? How does your family view this individual currently and does the kid know just how much trouble he's caused doing something so dispirited ? If a kid did that to me, they would be regretting it real fast. I hate it enough when people sneeze or cough near me just by common human operations but if someone did it on purpose, God help me control myself.

DaylilyDawn wrote:But that infection set off the rejection of the transplanted kidney. He is back on peritoneal dialysis and is slowly gaining back the weight he lost while sick. Right now he is at 88 lbs. He still needs to gain about 7 more pounds to get back to his normal weight . He is a very light weight man. He has never weighed more than 98 lbs in his entire life. And for him to lose 10 lbs or more leaves him looking like a walking skeleton.

Very few adults are that light, I'm just curious if that is related in any way to the kidney problems?

DaylilyDawn wrote:He will be putting his name back on the Organ Transplant list. And since he is on dialysis and has weight restrictions against lifting , he can't go back to work at his job.

Not to make light of this at all, but I don't think he would want to go back to his job after that incident. I know I wouldn't even if I had a good placement. Sending best wishes to your son and I hope he gets better soon.

My son has never weighed more than 98 lbs in his life. he started life weighing 3 lbs 7 1/2 ozs he was never a fast grower, His pediatric chart had all the same peaks and valleys as a normal weight kid. The normal weight kids chart would be at the top of the chart, my son's would be on the bottom of the chart. Kidney disease he was born with affected his growth . He also has a high metabolism that burns the weight off.
0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

#22 Postby Cyclenall » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:46 pm

DaylilyDawn wrote:My son has never weighed more than 98 lbs in his life. he started life weighing 3 lbs 7 1/2 ozs he was never a fast grower, His pediatric chart had all the same peaks and valleys as a normal weight kid. The normal weight kids chart would be at the top of the chart, my son's would be on the bottom of the chart. Kidney disease he was born with affected his growth . He also has a high metabolism that burns the weight off.

Thanks for the answer. So there is a connection. How is he doing now?
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#23 Postby DaylilyDawn » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:00 pm

He is doing OK. He is just taking it day by day. He wants to go back to his job but DR. says to wait till a year is up because he went into cardiac arrest the night he went into the hospital in Sept. His job is keeping his spot open , they want him back.
He does his dialysis at night with the machine he has but still has to do a manual exchange once a day in the middle of the day around 2-3 o'clock pm.
He as asked me to tell all of you that he is thankful for your prayers. They really made a difference for him.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#24 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:35 pm

DaylilyDawn wrote:He is doing OK. He is just taking it day by day. He wants to go back to his job but DR. says to wait till a year is up because he went into cardiac arrest the night he went into the hospital in Sept. His job is keeping his spot open , they want him back.
He does his dialysis at night with the machine he has but still has to do a manual exchange once a day in the middle of the day around 2-3 o'clock pm.
He as asked me to tell all of you that he is thankful for your prayers. They really made a difference for him.

Glad to hear he is doing ok. What a great office he must work at if they are holding his job!!! Please let him know that the prayers are continuing.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby DaylilyDawn » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:05 pm

He has asked me to tell you all that he is thankful for your prayers.
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#26 Postby DaylilyDawn » Wed May 21, 2014 5:08 pm

My son is getting back on the transplant list. The Dr. he is using now wants him on the Orlando area transplant team for the surgery there if one becomes available. The Orlando hospital requires its patients to raise funds for post transplant care and he will need to raise $5000.00
When he has everything set up for it. I would like to post a link to it so anyone who would like to help with any amount would be greatly appreciated.
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#27 Postby angelwing » Wed May 21, 2014 5:21 pm

Prayers ongoing here!
0 likes   
Agnes 72, Gloria 85, Floyd 99, Irene 2011, TS Lee 2012, Sandy 2012

Ev1948
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#28 Postby Ev1948 » Wed May 21, 2014 11:02 pm

What a nightmare, praying for your son and your family.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#29 Postby vbhoutex » Fri May 23, 2014 1:33 pm

Prayers up!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#30 Postby Stephanie » Sat May 24, 2014 7:00 pm

Prayers going out for you and your son.
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#31 Postby DaylilyDawn » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:38 pm

My son has sent off the paper work for the fund raiser site.He is just waiting to hear from them. When he gets the information I will post it here.
0 likes   

LilGrimmy
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#32 Postby LilGrimmy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:20 pm

Thoughts and prayers to your son from myself and GrimReaper.
0 likes   
Can-tank-er-ous: Adjective
Bad-tempered, argumentative, and uncooperative.

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#33 Postby artist » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:11 am

Prayers for you all, Daylilydawn.
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#34 Postby DaylilyDawn » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:41 pm

Here is an update on my son.
He is taking everything one day at a time. His attitude is it will happen when it is time for it to happen. Right now the dialysis is under control with the machine doing dialysis at night while he sleeps, and one manual transfer of fluids at some point in the daytime. That transfer is not a set time , but is flexible time. It can be delayed if he is going off for an hour or two with a friend and then do it when he gets back .

Recently he was at a friend's house meeting the family of this friend . The family thought he was a young teen ager. It shocked them to learn that he is nearly 40 years old. In 2016 he will turn 40. He says he is an adult trapped in a child's body. He wears child size 10 shirts, boys size.
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#35 Postby angelwing » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:10 am

Prayers continuing
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#36 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:01 pm

Continuing to send prayers your way. Thank you for keeping us updated.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#37 Postby artist » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:29 am

Continued prayers.
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#38 Postby DaylilyDawn » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:05 pm

An update on my son. He is doing better than he was at this time last year. he has to gain some weight to get back up to his normal weight. He has always been a below normal weight all his life. At Birth for a full term baby, he weighed only 3 lbs 7 1/2 ozs. I blame all the 2nd hand smoke I had to breathe in the office I was working in while I was pregnant with him. I could not find another job at the time as I was in the U.S. navy and was working the front desk of the BOQ.My fellow workmates were chain smokers.

As far as gaining weight , it takes him forever to gain weight. He can have all the hard candy he wants but not the things he likes. he will not drink the supplement that most people drink to gain weight. The one called Ensure. That was the formula he drank as a baby so he would gain weight. It didn't put weight on him. He has a high metabolism and keeps weight burned off . At any time in his life he has never weighed more than 98 lbs. When he got sick , he lost down to about 75 lbs, that made him look like he was death camp survivor of WWII. But it takes him forever to gain weight and he is slowly getting his weight back up to his normal weight.
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#39 Postby angelwing » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:17 pm

Still praying
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#40 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:48 am

Thanks for the update. I hope he continues to improve. Still keeping him in my prayers.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

Return to “Off Topic”