...And now for something completely different.

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

...And now for something completely different.

#1 Postby Kalrany » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:21 am

Ran across a very cool fundraising drive to try to preserve America's drive-ins. Short overview: nearly all drive-ins in the US are the old film format, and most do not have the money to change to the digital forms, which they will be required to do starting in 2014. Consequently, there is a campaign going on for digital conversion of many of the remaining drive-in who cannot afford it. (For more info, see this article.)

If you are interested in preserving this small slice of Americana, please consider donating. My husband and I both have fond memories of going to drive-ins when we were younger, and want to let others know about this project!

Please donate/pass on! :ggreen:
0 likes   
TOTAL NOVICE. The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
Lansing MI, Galveston TX, Madison WI, Houston TX, Newark DE

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby brunota2003 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:35 pm

We have a drive-in right down the road! I don't know if they've converted yet or not, but it is the only theater around, without driving ~20 miles into big town!
0 likes   
Just a small town southern boy helping other humans.

Return to “Off Topic”