2014 Predictions

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

2014 Predictions

#1 Postby cycloneye » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Is that time again to do this thread of predictions by the members.I did relatively fine with the 2013 ones so let's see how I do in 2014.

1-The Korean Penninsula is on the brink of war but is averted at the last minute.
2-Miami Heat win third title in a row.
3-Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup.
4-Dow Jones reaches 18,000.
5-19 famous people will die. (Politicians,Entretainment,Actors,Actress)
6-A coup will occur in Venezuela.
7-A landfalling hurricane in Florida.
8-Seattle Seahawks win Super Bowl. Prediction was correct
9-Texas Rangers win World Series.
10-Civil war occurs in Egypt.
11-U.S will stay in Afganistan 5 more years. (They were supposed to leave in 2014)
12-Iran close to building nuclear bomb/Israel attacks facilities.
13-Tiger Woods wins 2 majors. (Hasn't won those since 2009)
14-Brazil wins soccer world cup. (U.S is eliminated in first game)
15-Oil spikes up to $130 a barrel by the Summer.
16-Rafael Nadal wins French Open.
17-A strong quake (6.8) occurs in California causing extensive damage and injuries to hundreds of people. A dozen people are killed.
18-The Soufriere Volcano (Island of Montserrat) makes an eruption.
19-Puerto Rico's credit falls to junk.
20-Fidel Castro dies of natural causes.
21-UK stops big terrorist attack plot that was going to occur in London. .
22-Roger Federer wins Winbledon.
23-Japan's economy falls to recession.
24-Israel and Palestinians make big advance in peace talks.
25-Syrian President Assad is killed in Damascus.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: 2014 Predictions

#2 Postby cycloneye » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:12 am

Made my first correct prediction early in the year as Seahawks won. Does anyone want to make predictions and not leave me alone?
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby WeatherGuesser » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:35 pm

4-Dow Jones reaches 18,000.

May be going in the wrong direction.
Was over 16,500, now under 15,400
0 likes   

george_r_1961
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby george_r_1961 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:03 am

1. Oil spikes to $150 a barrel this summer with gas prices as high as $5 a gallon in some states.

2. A major US airline ceases operations, leaving thousands of travelers stranded.

3. A mild earthquake rattles the east coast while multiple tornadoes touch down in southern California. Neither event results in serious injuries or anything more than minor damage.

4. The northeast US has one of the coldest summers in recorded history, with some areas in New England not getting above 60 degrees all summer with many days seeing highs in the low 50s and lows in the 40s.

5. The hurricane season will be slow in terms of the numbers of storms. But there will be multiple US landfalls with one major hitting the southeast coast.

6. A tornado outbreak will rock the mid Atlantic states this spring, with several large powerful tornadoes. This event is forecast several days out and thanks to the National Weather Service and the local media the threat is highly publicized and while damage is severe loss of life is minimal.

7. A well known private weather forecasting company goes belly up suddenly and with no explanation.

8. A Storm2k member becomes a forecaster at NHC.

9. A fugitive who is accused of committing an infamous crime and who has been on the run for over 40 years is captured by the FBI.
0 likes   

jaguarjace
Category 4
Category 4

#5 Postby jaguarjace » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:23 am

1. The Arabian Sea will see at least one category 2 cyclone (SSHS).
2. A strong earthquake occurs in a rare location.
3. Mt. St. Helens starts emitting puffs of smoke.
4. A minor meteor crashes into a barren part of Russia, Kazakhstan, China or Mongolia.
5. YouTube starts removing video duplication to free web space.
6. Perth, Western Australia, finally gets a Doppler radar ahead or during winter.
7. A new Island is discovered and named.
0 likes   
Owner of the Tropical Archive YouTube channel
Web Developer at Force Thirteen
Twitter/X : @force13_support

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby brunota2003 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:49 am

Hmm...let's see what I can pull out of the darkness.

1. MH370 is found, and the real reason it disappeared shocks most people.
2. UCLA wins the NCAA March Madness tourny.
3. A U.S. State attempts gun confiscation, which results in law enforcement agents being shot trying to enforce unconstitutional laws.
4. More U.S. States attempt to ban "scary looking" weapons, including at least one with no grandfather clause or amnesty period, resulting in otherwise law abiding U.S. Citizens literally becoming felons overnight (looking at you, Maryland).
5. Tensions in the U.S. and abroad spike the national average of gas prices over $4.50, briefly touching $5.
6. Amid fears of a resurgence of the recession in the U.S. and other things, the DOW sees a low of 14,000 at some point during the year.
7. The "unusually" cold winter will give way to a cooler than normal spring, while summer will be about average for the U.S.
8. Tornadoes are below average through most of the year, but a landfalling tropical cyclone dramatically boosts the numbers almost to near average.
9. A tropical cyclone makes landfall on Florida, Louisiana, and NC. One of these is a Category 3, which is downgraded to a Category 2 during the post season review.
10. Another Unnamed Tropical Cyclone is found during post season review.
0 likes   
Just a small town southern boy helping other humans.

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby angelwing » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:01 am

Well, i gave this some thought, not a lot-

1-Russia will get crazy and invade Poland.
2-There will be another land-falling hurricane on the East Coast of NJ
3-The winter of 2014 will be worse than this current winter for SE PA; expect to see a snowstorm of 30 inches by Cjristmas.
4-There will be snow in April in PA
5-There will be a major earthquake in the ring of fire causing another tsunami.
6-They will never find that Malaysian aircraft that went missing, at least in 2014.
7-The Pirates will win the World Series.
8-There will be a plane crash involving a major sports team.
9-The Dow Jones will tank below 9,000.
10-Oil will be close to $200/barrel.
11-I will get a new vehicle and a new job (hoping to, lol!)
0 likes   
Agnes 72, Gloria 85, Floyd 99, Irene 2011, TS Lee 2012, Sandy 2012

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby WeatherGuesser » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:28 am

On average, July and August will be warmer than January or December.
0 likes   

404UserNotFound
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#9 Postby 404UserNotFound » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:42 pm

Finally managed to register, after four months of shenanigans! Without any further ado (unmodified since 2014 began):

*All 17-bit still lifes in Conway's Game of Life will be synthesized by the end of the year.
*A lottery jackpot will be split at least five ways.
*The AHS will have a similar number of storms to this year (within one), but they will be of better quality.
*There will be exactly three Category Five-equivalent typhoons in the NWPac.
*Something will go wrong in the demolition of Candlestick Park.
*A fairly significant tornado outbreak (20+ tornadoes) will occur in an unusual place.
*Some sort of astronomical event, not directly associated with the Sun or Moon, will be visible in broad daylight.
*A member of a pretty famous band will die of natural causes.
*A heavily trafficked website will crash.
*A movement to radically change Congress for the better will gain steam, but will ultimately fail.
*Less than half of all other predictions made in this thread will come to pass.
0 likes   
Please note: Never take any statements I make about forecasts at face value, as I am nowhere near professional at that.

Hammy
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby Hammy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:38 am

I'll throw my two cents in and predict a 6.5 or higher earthquake in California by summer, given the intervals that major earthquakes seem to be moving up the Pacific fault.
0 likes   
The above post is not official and should not be used as such. It is the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is not endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

2014 Predictions

#11 Postby Cyclenall » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:47 pm

Cyclenall wrote:Here are my 2013 predictions:

1. Fidel Castro will yet again not die this year either Yes
2. Hugo Chavez will pass away in February Close, just days after Feb so mostly Yes
3. Kate Middleton's baby will be a boy Yes
4. Lance Armstrong decides to join NASCAR No, lol
5. A wave of countries around the world approve Liberation Therapy for those suffering with MS No
6. The Atlantic Hurricane season will be the worst ever for the US I think we all know the answer to this one :lol: :lol:
7. The winter in NA will be cold until late February when a large warm-spell ends it. Spring will be above average (not as hot as last year's) with the giant warmth happening in early May this time. There was no large warm-spell during late Feb, Spring was cooler than normal but close to average, there wasn't a heatwave in early May so No
8. Hottest summer ever recorded in Canada and the Great Lakes and 4th warmest for the US. It will be pretty dry again. No, it was cooler than average but close to average, average rainfall but near record amounts not far from me
9. Next winter will be starting around mid-November and be average until the end It was average for Nov but got very cold in December so half right or wrong
10. Weather worldwide will be disastrous and extreme like the last few years...emphasis on how warm the SST's become everywhere expect the Pacific. Not as disastrous or extreme but had its share, SST's were no more focused than previous years so No
11. Syria continuing to slip into the abyss with the Civil War becoming even more deadly...Bashar Al-Assad uses chemical weapons in April when his back is up against the wall. Over 130,000 die in just weeks and a no-fly zone is put into place with major air-strike activity from NATO. The current regime is just about annihilated by year's end. Chemical weapons were used, but that is all I got correct from this statement...so 1/4 right and 3/4 wrong
12. Egypt and India become problems for the outside as protests and unrest continue Yes
13. The Dow stock market will reach 14,100 by September I'll say 1/4 right because it skyrocketed in 2013 to over 16,000!!
14. Oil prices will remain steady throughout the year between $70-$100 a barrel...going down near $60 by the end of the year 3/4 Right, didn't go down
15. Grand Theft Auto 5 becomes the best selling game in history when its released Yes!! :D
16. In music, Avicii becomes more popular and a new genre gains attention in the fall Yes, his song "Wake Me Up" got massive attention and put him right in direct spotlight and won awards in mainstream ceremonies. The new genre also did sort of happen when the mentioned song combined country music elements and electronic music of the Avicii flavor
17. A Family Guy movie is announced at the end of the year No
18. The biggest step in medium production since the Gutenberg printing press...3D printers take off in the middle of the year like wildfire and become complex. This leads to rapid spread of data files containing items that the US government wants to ban *cough* 1/2 correct, more news then ever about them and government attention
19. The US tornado season will be very active 1/2 right, it wasn't active in numbers but a few historic events took place that more than made up for any shortfall
20. Israel ends up backing down from striking Iran while Iran runs into problems with its nuclear program 1/4 right, Israel didn't do anything like most thought would and Iran is slowing down its quest or even giving up its nuclear weapon program
21. A former President will die No
22. Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton develop a severe case of pneumonia...one of them goes to the hospital No
23. In TV: Steve Carell returns for the last episode of The Office, Amish Mafia is renewed for a 2nd season, Honey Boo Boo creates a controversy that almost knocks the family off TV, and The Big Bang Theory becomes the highest rated show in ALL of TV currently airing Yes to 1st, 2nd; not really for 3rd, not sure for 4th but its close so 3/4 correct
24. "Current TV" folds No
25. A major miracle that seems supernatural and jaw-dropping grips the headlines at the national level Don't recall any
26. Psy Gangnum and Lindsey Lohan end up in jail No, Lindsey Lohan avoided jail in 2013 but was forced to go into rehab for 90 days see THIS
27. Facebook stocks fall even lower down under $10 a share by year's end No, around $54 a share
28. YouTube changes its layout and interface again Yes, of course
29. Ontario's outgoing Premier Dalton McGuinty gets pied near his departure Sadly No
30. Piers Morgan is deported back to Britain afterall Sadly No

At best, 10.75/30 right but more like 11/30 right. Yikes, however the predictions were specific. I got the same score basically as last time but had 10 extra predictions :x .

I wrote 2014's predictions back last December but didn't get any time to post it here til now so...

Here are my 2014 predictions:

1. Fidel Castro will, you guessed it, again NOT die this year either
2. Toronto mayor Rob Ford wins re-election in the Fall to the amazement of the world. His celebrity fame earns him the chance to make us all laugh even more
3. Donations to Christmas charity like the Salvation Army Kettle and others in Canada and the US drop ~15% from 2013's amounts. This is a new tradition since 2008
4. Weather worldwide will swing into an extreme phase where disasters and calamities start to rise considerably. Its already started in December 2013. Emphasis on incredible cold during this winter in the northern hemisphere, ice/snow storms, and severe weather Yes already to the first 2 points
5. The Atlantic Hurricane season will be record low if no El Nino occurs, if one occurs than a few hurricane's making landfall in the US with above average ACE I already changed my mind on this but if I change it now it wouldn't be fair because this was to be posted Dec.31 of 2013
6. Next winter will be starting around Christmas and be above average in temperatures
7. The winter in NA will be very cold until early March when a large warm-spell ends it. Spring will be way above average (hotter than last year's) with the giant warmth happening in 3 periods I can already see this crashing and burning :oops: :oops:
8. It will be the 13th hottest summer in Canada and the 18th hottest in the US. Average precip.
9. No attacks will occur directly at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics in Russia Yes
10. Syria continuing to slip into the abyss with the Civil War ongoing, nothing huge but some more interviews and comments from Bashar Al-Assad are broadcast
11. Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine, and Turkey experiences major unrest and riots throughout 2014. Egypt spins totally out of control near the end of the year where death tolls similar to Syria start occurring in a new simmering Civil War
12. The Dow stock market will reach 18,600 by the end of the year
13. Oil prices will remain steady throughout the year between $70-$100 a barrel...going down near $60 by the end of the year unless the Middle East explodes
14. The Xbox One experiences a major scandal that makes the news and feels a sharp jab of further reduced sales than ever before. PS4 outsells all consoles 2:1
15. It will be the biggest year at the box office in sales since record keeping began, massive line up of blockbusters at the theaters
16. The US tornado season will be the 4-5th most active of all time Maybe this upcoming severe weather event will help out :lol:
17. Iran continues to cooperate with giving up its nuclear program and the inspectors come in and find everything is as promised. Iran's relations with the US and Israel nations improve dramatically to the surprise of everyone. Almost all the sanctions against Iran are gone by year's end
18. A former President will die and then come back to life
19. Amish Mafia is renewed for a 3rd season, Duck Dynasty creates another controversy that almost knocks the family off TV again, and The Big Bang Theory becomes the highest rated show in ALL of TV currently airing again Yes already for the 1st
20. Blackberry's stocks fall to new record lows which goes to under $1 a share by year's end
21. YouTube changes its layout and interface again, more get pissed off
22. Piers Morgan is turfed from CNN Yes!!!!! :lol:
23. The Leaning Tower of Pisa falls down
24. None of george_r_1961's predictions in this thread will come to pass except #9

I put comments to ones already addressed in red as they have occurred.
Last edited by Cyclenall on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#12 Postby angelwing » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:38 pm

angelwing wrote:Well, i gave this some thought, not a lot-

1-Russia will get crazy and invade Poland.
2-There will be another land-falling hurricane on the East Coast of NJ
3-The winter of 2014 will be worse than this current winter for SE PA; expect to see a snowstorm of 30 inches by Cjristmas.
4-There will be snow in April in PA-----------Snow in Tioga County on April 15th
5-There will be a major earthquake in the ring of fire causing another tsunami.
6-They will never find that Malaysian aircraft that went missing, at least in 2014.
7-The Pirates will win the World Series.
8-There will be a plane crash involving a major sports team.
9-The Dow Jones will tank below 9,000.
10-Oil will be close to $200/barrel.
11-I will get a new vehicle and a new job (hoping to, lol!)
0 likes   
Agnes 72, Gloria 85, Floyd 99, Irene 2011, TS Lee 2012, Sandy 2012

yulou
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#13 Postby yulou » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:11 am

My predictions, lol.

1. I will get a 5 on AP World History!
2. I will study hard for SAT this summer vocation!
3. I will adapt to the new school I am going to quickly!
0 likes   
Chinese.
Houston, TX.

Bilis(0604) Saomai(0608) Goni(0907)

xtyphooncyclonex
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby xtyphooncyclonex » Thu May 29, 2014 8:42 am

2014 predictions:
1) Miami Heat will win in the next game on May 31
2) The strongest El Niño since 1997 will bring massive crashes in dams in the Philippines resulting in power outages and water shortage. It will also cause food shortages and wildfires over Australia, an SE Asia. It will bring heavy rains and flood over China, The Western US states and a mild winter for MIDWEST.
3) Many typhoons hit North PHL, Japan, Micronesia and Marianas Islands and Korea.
4) Syria's war will stop late this year.
5) The global temperatures will warm up a lot..
6) Al Jazeera journalists imprisoned in Egypt will be released.
7) Oil prices per liter in the Philippines will go up slightly due to drought.
8) A new country will join the EU.
9) The highest grossing film this year will NOT be an animated film.
10) Tensions in Ukraine worsen, and continue throughout the year. Meanwhile Russia will enjoy larger land area, relations with other countries don't go well.
11) Many developments and constructions begin in Metropolitan Cebu.
12) Massive protests throughout the Philippines will occur due to number 2's effects and due to a scam called Pork Barrel.
13) There will be tensions with the diplomatic relations of China due to its territorial disputes with numerous other countries in Asia.
14) The new iPhone 6 will be overshadowed by the success of Samsung's new phones, possibly by the samsung S6.
15) Mario Kart 8 will revive the Nintendo Wii U and increase the growth of the platform in Japan. It will be less overshadowed (but still overshadowed) by the competitors Sony and Microsoft.
16) Justin Bieber may be deported out of the United States.
17) The following year will be the HOTTEST YEAR on record due to a major El Niño.
18) Weather in the Super Bowl will be a lot warmer and will be wetter than expected.
19) A very important leader will die due to a disease.
20) Edward Snowden will be sent to custody and then to jail.
21) A major earthquake will occur anywhere in the Philippines, possibly affecting a major area causing panic and hysteria.
22) The Atlantic ACE will not be as low than 2013, but still one of the least active on record.
23) Winter 2014-15 will have below-normal snowfall, but will bring a very wet winter to the South and Northwest, and a dry winter to the Midwest and New England.
24) North and South Korea tensions worsen after the North claims islands of the South and throwing explosives in those islands.
25) The Philippines will have a way slower economic growth than those of the past 2-3 years due to the effects of typhoon Haiyan and the El Niño, at 3-5% per quarter.
0 likes   
REMINDER: My opinions that I, or any other NON Pro-Met in this forum, are unofficial. Please do not take my opinions as an official forecast and warning. I am NOT a meteorologist. Following my forecasts blindly may lead to false alarm, danger and risk if official forecasts from agencies are ignored.

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#15 Postby Cyclenall » Fri May 30, 2014 3:01 am

xtyphooncyclonex wrote:2014 predictions:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :hehe: .

xtyphooncyclonex wrote:12) Massive protests throughout the Philippines will occur due to number 2's effects and due to a scam called Pork Barrel.

I don't think I want to know what this means :lol: .

xtyphooncyclonex wrote:15) Mario Kart 8 will revive the Nintendo Wii U and increase the growth of the platform in Japan. It will be less overshadowed (but still overshadowed) by the competitors Sony and Microsoft.

I was just thinking about the Wii U, how no one talks about it and it may as well be invisible. Even non-bias game critics that I have seen a portion of talk about how there is nothing for it. There is not a single thing about the Wii U that is alluring whatsoever and if it weren't for the Xbone, it would be a laughing stock.

xtyphooncyclonex wrote:16) Justin Bieber may be deported out of the United States.

Not to Canada please! We don' want that brat! :na: .

xtyphooncyclonex wrote:17) The following year will be the HOTTEST YEAR on record due to a major El Niño.

Hopefully yes to 17, and hopefully no (and I highly doubt it) for 20.

My prediction for the tornado season looks to be the biggest mistake, may be record low activity by the end of the year. The Blackberry's stocks falling prediction could happen as there was a new report by an independent company showing that BB's share in the market will go down to below 0.8% by the end of the year and by 2018 or so to 0.3%...ouch!! :Chit:
0 likes   

xtyphooncyclonex
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#16 Postby xtyphooncyclonex » Fri May 30, 2014 10:56 am

Cyclenall wrote:
xtyphooncyclonex wrote:2014 predictions:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :hehe: .

xtyphooncyclonex wrote:12) Massive protests throughout the Philippines will occur due to number 2's effects and due to a scam called Pork Barrel.

I don't think I want to know what this means :lol: .

xtyphooncyclonex wrote:15) Mario Kart 8 will revive the Nintendo Wii U and increase the growth of the platform in Japan. It will be less overshadowed (but still overshadowed) by the competitors Sony and Microsoft.

I was just thinking about the Wii U, how no one talks about it and it may as well be invisible. Even non-bias game critics that I have seen a portion of talk about how there is nothing for it. There is not a single thing about the Wii U that is alluring whatsoever and if it weren't for the Xbone, it would be a laughing stock.

xtyphooncyclonex wrote:16) Justin Bieber may be deported out of the United States.

Not to Canada please! We don' want that brat! :na: .

xtyphooncyclonex wrote:17) The following year will be the HOTTEST YEAR on record due to a major El Niño.

Hopefully yes to 17, and hopefully no (and I highly doubt it) for 20.

My prediction for the tornado season looks to be the biggest mistake, may be record low activity by the end of the year. The Blackberry's stocks falling prediction could happen as there was a new report by an independent company showing that BB's share in the market will go down to below 0.8% by the end of the year and by 2018 or so to 0.3%...ouch!! :Chit:

Well, Bieber is declared "Persona non grata" in our country. It means he is not welcome to enter our country.... I see that you're Canadian.

Filipinos tend to be oversensitive to posts against their citizens, reputation and country. They are kinda proud IMO. This is the reason why Bieber is barred, after making fun of a boxer called Manny Pacquiao.

About the Wii U, yeah its sales would go up slightly due to Mario Kart 8 and that does not mean that it will not be as massive and successful as PS4 and XBox titles. I am a huge Super Mario and Nintendo fan. I guess this system is quite underrated.

Filipinos usually protest whenever there is not enough food needs and power outages. We're really very democratic and liberal, with a mix of conservatism. They like to express their opinions out loud and want to be heard, so protests arrive.

Pork barrel is a PHP10 billion scam. I don't want to explain it and we will not go into POLITICS.
0 likes   
REMINDER: My opinions that I, or any other NON Pro-Met in this forum, are unofficial. Please do not take my opinions as an official forecast and warning. I am NOT a meteorologist. Following my forecasts blindly may lead to false alarm, danger and risk if official forecasts from agencies are ignored.

xtyphooncyclonex
Category 5
Category 5

#17 Postby xtyphooncyclonex » Sat May 31, 2014 12:32 am

1) Miami Heat will win in the next game on May 31 : YES. IN FACT, THEY ADVANCE TO THE FINALS!!!!!
0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

Super Mario World is Boss!!

#18 Postby Cyclenall » Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm

xtyphooncyclonex wrote:Well, Bieber is declared "Persona non grata" in our country. It means he is not welcome to enter our country.... I see that you're Canadian.

Even the weather despises Bieber, on May 3, 2012 we had severe thunderstorms in southern Ontario and in Mitchell ON (the tornado capital of Ontario) a house of Justin's aunt and uncle (or cousins?) was damaged by powerful straight line winds from it. I made a joke about the weather not being able to stand the family! :lol: :lol: The whole world will eventually hate him, just give it time :) .

xtyphooncyclonex wrote:About the Wii U, yeah its sales would go up slightly due to Mario Kart 8 and that does not mean that it will not be as massive and successful as PS4 and XBox titles. I am a huge Super Mario and Nintendo fan. I guess this system is quite underrated.

I don't agree with the first part but have you played Super Mario World on the SNES before? That's the last Mario and console from Nintendo that I like and as for SMW, I love, love that game and I consider it to be the 6th best video game ever made and the best Mario game, SNES game, platformer game, and 2D game. Its just so perfect in countless ways, the game mechanics and even physics make it timeless and boosts the replay value. Its sort of like "The Incredible Machine" series from the 90s on the PC. I had dreams about the game early on and still do til this day. Almost all of these dreams had content or a difference from the original game because a major fantasy of mine was the possibility of editing the game any way you could imagine and I thought how amazing that would be back in the 90s and how the replay value would be infinite. I discovered that dream was a reality when FuSoYa created Lunar Magic, an editor. Its the greatest game editor and 3rd best piece of software. This has led to SMW becoming the most hacked video game and flourished a huge hacking following where almost 1000 hacks have been created since the beginning. Right now I'm heavily into the SMW scene and about to embark on more serious playing of hacked titles and editing experiments since it truly is insane what has been done with it, going above and beyond what I thought possible in childhood :D .

The main problem with the current generation of video game consoles is the lack of games, and IMO games are going downhill rapidly in terms of quality which is a disappointment, I was so excited back in 2005 at the potential of video gaming in the future, only a few have really lit the spark of insanity (GTA V) and a few lesser known creative titles. This is especially true on the Wii U, no amazing games. The gimmick nature of the first Wii and this one is the biggest turn-off you can have, I would not pay more than $28 for the Wii and $50 for the Wii U.
0 likes   

xtyphooncyclonex
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Super Mario World is Boss!!

#19 Postby xtyphooncyclonex » Sat May 31, 2014 9:04 pm

Cyclenall wrote: I don't agree with the first part but have you played Super Mario World on the SNES before? That's the last Mario and console from Nintendo that I like and as for SMW, I love, love that game and I consider it to be the 6th best video game ever made and the best Mario game, SNES game, platformer game, and 2D game. Its just so perfect in countless ways, the game mechanics and even physics make it timeless and boosts the replay value. Its sort of like "The Incredible Machine" series from the 90s on the PC. I had dreams about the game early on and still do til this day. Almost all of these dreams had content or a difference from the original game because a major fantasy of mine was the possibility of editing the game any way you could imagine and I thought how amazing that would be back in the 90s and how the replay value would be infinite. I discovered that dream was a reality when FuSoYa created Lunar Magic, an editor. Its the greatest game editor and 3rd best piece of software. This has led to SMW becoming the most hacked video game and flourished a huge hacking following where almost 1000 hacks have been created since the beginning. Right now I'm heavily into the SMW scene and about to embark on more serious playing of hacked titles and editing experiments since it truly is insane what has been done with it, going above and beyond what I thought possible in childhood :D .

The main problem with the current generation of video game consoles is the lack of games, and IMO games are going downhill rapidly in terms of quality which is a disappointment, I was so excited back in 2005 at the potential of video gaming in the future, only a few have really lit the spark of insanity (GTA V) and a few lesser known creative titles. This is especially true on the Wii U, no amazing games. The gimmick nature of the first Wii and this one is the biggest turn-off you can have, I would not pay more than $28 for the Wii and $50 for the Wii U.

Yes. I have played SMW but not on the SNES. I play it on an emulator and thanks to it I am able to play console titles. The SNES era was one of the best eras in video game history and I agree with your statement that the games are now going downhill. That is why I am stuck to playing old titles and I don't really buy new consoles. I am lucky that I get to play classic games even if I was born 10 to 11 years after SMW was released. Another good game is NSMB of 2006. It is another very successful game and is the 3rd best tied with SMW. It is frequently hacked too. The first time I played it was when I got addicted to Mario, when I frequently played games with my cousin because that was such a hot year ... And that was in 2010. :lol:

In our country, the Wii U is so badly overpriced that the sales here could rapidly go down. It is like $300 or more here. Nintendo should make more well-priced and more innovative consoles to attract more customers then should stop making the game industry go downhill then go back up.
0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Super Mario World is Boss!!

#20 Postby Cyclenall » Sat May 31, 2014 10:21 pm

xtyphooncyclonex wrote:Yes. I have played SMW but not on the SNES. I play it on an emulator and thanks to it I am able to play console titles. The SNES era was one of the best eras in video game history and I agree with your statement that the games are now going downhill. That is why I am stuck to playing old titles and I don't really buy new consoles. I am lucky that I get to play classic games even if I was born 10 to 11 years after SMW was released. Another good game is NSMB of 2006. It is another very successful game and is the 3rd best tied with SMW. It is frequently hacked too. The first time I played it was when I got addicted to Mario, when I frequently played games with my cousin because that was such a hot year ... And that was in 2010. :lol:

I only play it on an emulator as well, like the majority. I did play it on the original SNES back in the 90s though. I usually play one generation of games behind from the current one so I'm on the PS3 era right now but I barely game. So are you saying the hotter the temperature outside the more you play games indoors? :lol:
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”