2014 Predictions

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

xtyphooncyclonex
Category 5
Category 5

#21 Postby xtyphooncyclonex » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:52 pm

Yes! MARIO KART 8 boosted the UK sales of the Wii U by 666% and is the fastest selling Wii U game to date, selling 1.2 million copies on its first and opening weekend. The latest Mario kart title has put up the sales of Nintendo probably.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/06/02/mario-kart-8-is-fastest-selling-game-on-wii-u-drives-console-sales/
0 likes   
REMINDER: My opinions that I, or any other NON Pro-Met in this forum, are unofficial. Please do not take my opinions as an official forecast and warning. I am NOT a meteorologist. Following my forecasts blindly may lead to false alarm, danger and risk if official forecasts from agencies are ignored.

jaguarjace
Category 4
Category 4

Re: 2014 Predictions

#22 Postby jaguarjace » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:14 am

jaguarjace wrote:6. Perth, Western Australia, finally gets a Doppler radar ahead or during winter.
I've waited last year and I've waited this year and looks like it's actually happening :D
Now I'll be able to see the strength of wind speed that occurs in Perth.
http://www.senatorbirmingham.com.au/Latest-News/ID/2509/Perth-Weather-Radar-upgrade
0 likes   
Owner of the Tropical Archive YouTube channel
Web Developer at Force Thirteen
Twitter/X : @force13_support

xtyphooncyclonex
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#23 Postby xtyphooncyclonex » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:22 am

PREDICTIONS
2014 predictions:
1) Miami Heat will win in the next game on May 31YES
2) The strongest El Niño since 1997 will bring massive crashes in dams in the Philippines resulting in power outages and water shortage. It will also cause food shortages and wildfires over Australia, an SE Asia. It will bring heavy rains and flood over China, The Western US states and a mild winter for MIDWEST.BUSTED
3) Many typhoons hit North PHL, Japan, Micronesia and Marianas Islands and Korea.YES, in fact Guam had it's closest approach since 2002 perhaps (?)
4) Syria's war will stop late this year.NO
5) The global temperatures will warm up a lot..YES
6) Al Jazeera journalists imprisoned in Egypt will be released.NO
7) Oil prices per liter in the Philippines will go up slightly due to drought.NO, IN FACT, IT BECAME THE CHEAPEST EVER THAT I CAN REMEMBER!!!!
8) A new country will join the EU.YES
9) The highest grossing film this year will NOT be an animated film.YES, TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION
10) Tensions in Ukraine worsen, and continue throughout the year. Meanwhile Russia will enjoy larger land area, relations with other countries don't go well.BULLSEYE
11) Many developments and constructions begin in Metropolitan Cebu. OBVIOUSLY
12) Massive protests throughout the Philippines will occur due to number 2's effects and due to a scam called Pork Barrel.NEVER HAPPENED
13) There will be tensions with the diplomatic relations of China due to its territorial disputes with numerous other countries in Asia.SPOT ON
14) The new iPhone 6 will be overshadowed by the success of Samsung's new phones, possibly by the samsung S6. THERE WERE SOME COMPLAINTS OF THE IPHONE QUALITY
15) Mario Kart 8 will revive the Nintendo Wii U and increase the growth of the platform in Japan. It will be less overshadowed (but still overshadowed) by the competitors Sony and Microsoft. YES, BUT IS HINDERED BY MASSIVE CRITICISM
16) Justin Bieber may be deported out of the United States.SADLY NO
17) The following year will be the HOTTEST YEAR on record due to a major El Niño.YES, BUT THERE WAS NEVER AN EL NINO
18) Weather in the Super Bowl will be a lot warmer and will be wetter than expected. WAIT
19) A very important leader will die due to a disease. DOUBT IT
20) Edward Snowden will be sent to custody and then to jail. NO NEWS YET
21) A major earthquake will occur anywhere in the Philippines, possibly affecting a major area causing panic and hysteria. FORTUNATELY NO
22) The Atlantic ACE will not be as low than 2013, but still one of the least active on record. SPOT ON
23) Winter 2014-15 will have below-normal snowfall, but will bring a very wet winter to the South and Northwest, and a dry winter to the Midwest and New England.
24) North and South Korea tensions worsen after the North claims islands of the South and throwing explosives in those islands.
25) The Philippines will have a way slower economic growth than those of the past 2-3 years due to the effects of typhoon Haiyan and the El Niño, at 3-5% per quarter. CLOSE ENOUGH, 3/4 YES BUT NO EL NINO
0 likes   
REMINDER: My opinions that I, or any other NON Pro-Met in this forum, are unofficial. Please do not take my opinions as an official forecast and warning. I am NOT a meteorologist. Following my forecasts blindly may lead to false alarm, danger and risk if official forecasts from agencies are ignored.

Return to “Off Topic”