Cataloging the fall of the Heatmiser and ensuing hijinx

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

ravyrn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Cataloging the fall of the Heatmiser and ensuing hijinx

#1 Postby ravyrn » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:04 pm

Wxman57 bet Teamsplayerblue that IAH wouldn't see another freeze. On the morning of March 3rd, our resident Heatmiser lost his bet. Per the terms of the bet, Wxman57 had to concede to the defeat of his heat regime and profess his love and admiration for cold weather. The following hijinx ensued. The hijinx began in the Texas Winter 2013-2014 thread on page 468.

1st post: I must say, I'm really starting to love cold winter weather. This morning's sub-freezing temperatures across Houston made me realize that cold weather is good, heat is bad. I only wish I could experience many more sub-freezing days in Houston before spring arrives. In addition, daytime highs in the low to mid 40s are far more enjoyable than highs above 80 degrees.

2nd post: As much as I would have loved to take along bike ride wearing minimal protective clothing, I had to head in to the office. I did go out to get the paper this morning dressed only in a pair of jogging shorts (no shirt or shoes). I wonder what my neighbors may think of my running out to get the paper like that? ;-)

3rd post: I notice that the 00Z Euro ensembles are indicating another large area of cold 850mb anomalies across Texas next Wednesday. Perhaps we'll get to enjoy another period of sub-freezing temperatures next week?

4th post: I really do find cold weather invigorating! Too bad I have to work today. I'd much rather be out on my bike for a long ride.

5th post: Au contraire, I am loving every minute of this winter. That is, with the exception of those days with highs above 60 degrees.

6th post: Hmm, what if summer never returned?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer

Note that one of the causes was historically low solar activity (something we're currently observing). My coworker thinks we may be heading for a mini ice age.

7th post: No, really, I DO love the cold weather!

8th post: Temps reached the lower 40s in Austin as of 1pm. Currently 41F at ATT (39 at AUS). A rather pleasant 40F at IAH this hour.

9th post: Yes, it will be. I plan to sleep outside so that I can fully appreciate this unseasonably cold weather.

10th post: Going to be an interesting night in SE TX with dew points in the mid 20s and temps near freezing. How exciting! Another winter weather event! I only hope these freezing rain events continue through the spring.
0 likes   

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#2 Postby brunota2003 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:34 am

:lol: :cheesy:
0 likes   
Just a small town southern boy helping other humans.

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#3 Postby CajunMama » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:25 pm

That's some funny stuff!!!
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Cataloging the fall of the Heatmiser and ensuing hijinx

#4 Postby angelwing » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:28 am

Love it!!!