Total Lunar Eclipse Overnight Tonight (4/14-4/15)

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

SeGaBob

Total Lunar Eclipse Overnight Tonight (4/14-4/15)

#1 Postby SeGaBob » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:59 pm

It starts tonight at around 12:53 am (EDT) and goes until around 6 am. I likely won't be able to see it because of clouds and rain. :grr: :grr: :grr: (Most of the East Coast won't get to see it as well for the same reason.) But anyone that does see it can feel free to post some of their pictures here for everyone that misses out. Thanks in advance to anyone that does.
0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Total Lunar Eclipse Overnight Tonight (4/14-4/15)

#2 Postby Cyclenall » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:43 pm

SeGaBob wrote:It starts tonight at around 12:53 am (EDT) and goes until around 6 am. I likely won't be able to see it because of clouds and rain. :grr: :grr: :grr: (Most of the East Coast won't get to see it as well for the same reason.)

Same here, very thick overcast and maybe ice pellets during the blood moon, figure that.
0 likes   

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#3 Postby RL3AO » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:11 pm

Gonna be ridiculously cold (for mid April) here, but that NW flow means clearing skies.
0 likes   

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby hurricanes1234 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:18 pm

I live in the southern Caribbean and for now it's mostly clear at night. If the weather permits, I'll take some pictures and will try my best to upload them for those who may not be able to see it. My camera is a small 10.2 megapixel camera, so don't expect anything too high-resolution. :)
0 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

SeGaBob

#5 Postby SeGaBob » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:08 pm

It appears now that I may be able to catch portions of the eclipse between gaps in the clouds. Not best scenario but i'll take it if it works out that way.

EDIT: (2:18 AM) Clouds appear to have sure enough moved in so no moon. :(

(3:58 AM) Still no moon and rain is moving in now... last post for the night. Will be looking forward to pictures though.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Total Lunar Eclipse Overnight Tonight (4/14-4/15)

#6 Postby cycloneye » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:10 am

I was sleeping but the trend comments in the net is that it was spectacular. Here is a closeup shot made by a telescope.

0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

SeGaBob

#7 Postby SeGaBob » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:15 pm

:uarrow: That's a really nice photo... :)
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”