My friend passed away yesterday

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

ravyrn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

My friend passed away yesterday

#1 Postby ravyrn » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:21 am

He was one of the truest friends I had in high school. He was never unkind, and I never had a single moment with him around that wasn't full of laughs and joy. He was injured by small arms fire in Afghanistan on Sunday and passed away yesterday at a hospital in Germany.

You'll be sorely missed, SFC Andrew Weathers, but never forgotten.

RIP my friend, until I see you again. Thank you for your service and sacrifice, but I selfishly wish you were still here.

RIP my friend, and brother.
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: My friend passed away yesterday

#2 Postby angelwing » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:01 am

Very sorry to hear this, may he RIP:(
0 likes   
Agnes 72, Gloria 85, Floyd 99, Irene 2011, TS Lee 2012, Sandy 2012

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#3 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:40 pm

May your friend and our HERO RIP.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby brunota2003 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:46 pm

Sorry to hear of your friend's passing. May our fellow brother rest easy, we'll take it from here! :flag:
0 likes   
Just a small town southern boy helping other humans.

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#5 Postby CajunMama » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:37 am

Ravyrn, my heart breaks for you. I can relate to your loss. My niece's husband was killed in Iraq when his vehicle was hit by a roadside bomb. Mark survived his evacuation to Germany but succumbed to his injuries a week later in San Antonio. I can still remember the day we heard the news. It's something I'll never forget and the pain is still there. I send you my prayers and positive thoughts at this difficult time.
0 likes   

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby artist » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:58 am

My prayers go out to you and his family. Thank his family for his service and sacrifice, please.
0 likes   

ravyrn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re:

#7 Postby ravyrn » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:30 pm

artist wrote:My prayers go out to you and his family. Thank his family for his service and sacrifice, please.

I'll be sure to do so. Some of his friends from back home are putting together a memorial for him to be placed in our hometown of DeRidder, LA. If any of you would like to contribute towards it you may do so @ http://www.gofundme.com/SFCAndrewWeathers.

I'm the person in charge of the gofundme page and will be posting exactly where each dollars goes when I withdraw funds from the site. His memorial will was given a final estimate of $4450 from the Monument Co. (I had to increase the the goal a bit --- as gofundme takes roughly 8% of the donations) and then any excess proceeds will be donated to the Fisher House Foundation. I'll be keeping everything completely transparent regarding money received/spent. Basically once I conclude the campaign I'll be posting an invoice of the withdrawal from gofundme, an invoice from the monument co., and then an invoice for the remainder of funds going to Fisher House Foundation.
0 likes   

Portastorm
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#8 Postby Portastorm » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:58 am

ravyrn, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I will be praying for him and his family.
0 likes   
Any forecasts under my name are to be taken with a grain of salt. Get your best forecasts from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center.

I'm a certified Advanced SKYWARN-trained spotter and am active on Twitter at @TravisCOSW, a social media partner of the NWS Austin-San Antonio office.

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby northjaxpro » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:08 am

I am very sorry to learn about the passing of your close friend. Your friend was a true American hero who paid the ultimate sacrifice for serving our country. My prayers go out to you and to your friend's entire family during this time of bereavement!!
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

Return to “Off Topic”