Lunar Eclipse of October 8, 2014

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

TheAustinMan
Category 4
Category 4

Lunar Eclipse of October 8, 2014

#1 Postby TheAustinMan » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:05 pm

Last night's lunar eclipse was quite a spectacle, and although it could be best seen from the middle of the Pacific Ocean, it was also clearly viewable from the Americas, eastern Asia, and Australia. For me this was my first time seeing a lunar eclipse since October 2004, and was not necessarily a pain to catch as its end pretty much coincided with the sunrise. Initially it appeared from my location (Austin, TX) that the lunar eclipse would succumb to the morning's low and dense cloud cover, but luckily those clouds cleared away early in the eclipse cycle, allowing for great viewing of the blood moon at its finest.

Using several images I took, I created the following montage depicting the moon from early in the "partial phase" right up to the point of greatest eclipse, after which I had to set off for school.

0 likes   
ImageImageImage
- Treat my opinions with a grain of salt. For official information see your local weather service.

Return to “Off Topic”