2015 Predictions

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

2015 Predictions

#1 Postby cycloneye » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:33 pm

Oh boy,I forgot to post this annual thread after a month is gone but I think we can still post predictions.

1-Stock market will surpass 19,000.

2-Seahawks win Superbowl.

3-Three well known entertainment people will die.

4-Red Sox win World Series.

5-Chicago Bulls win NBA title.

6-Tensions are very high in Middle East as Israel goes to the offense against Hamas,Hezbollah and Iran.

7-A powerful hurricane makes landfall somewhere in the U.S coastline.

8-Tiger Woods announce retirement from playing Golf.

9-A strong earthquake rattles California.

10-A big flooding event takes place in Puerto Rico.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: 2015 Predictions

#2 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:20 pm

1. Stock Market flirts with 18,000 again, but ultimately settles in the high 16k or low to mid 17k by end of year.
2. Tiger Woods announces retirement due to medical reasons not previously revealed.
3. Israel finally makes a push into Hezbollah territory and retakes large areas of the Gaza.
4. Israel begins an offensive on Iran but backs off after massive world pressure, basically averting WWIII
5. US has 6 landfalling TC during the 2015 hurricane season. 1 major, 1 CAT2, 2 CAT1, and 2 TS. Major landfalls in Florida after crossing Caribbean. CAT2 is a LA landfall and a very unusual GA landfall, and CAT1 is NC landfall. TS are TX and Mexico.
6.The remainder of Winter from Feb 1 on is rather tranquil with average amount of snow in Northern areas and one more very strong Arctic Surge into TX and SE.
7. Tornado season is a little above average overall with Spring being very destructive across Dixie alley and Southern plains starting up about a month early.
8. Summer is mild similar to 2014
9. Seahawks win the Super Bowl in one of the hardest fought games ever.
10. Tom Brady announces his retirement after the Super Bowl.
11.Houston Rockets surprise everyone and win the NBA title against the Atlanta Hawks.
12. Astros make the playoffs but do not win the pennant.
13. Major (7+) earthquake hits CA in the SF area killing 100s and doing at least 10B in damage.
14. Peyton Manning plays for Tennessee Titans for 2015 season in exchange for majority ownership of the team.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Yellow Evan
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#3 Postby Yellow Evan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:47 pm

1.Tiger Woods will die
2.LeBron James will leave Cleavland and return to the Heat
4.Kentucky finishes the college basketball season undefeated
5.In 2015-16 College football playoffs, no SEC teams get in.
6.The Hawks win the NBA title.
7.The Lakers lose their Top 5 pick.
8.One major politician of some sort will die
9.2015 AHS takes a turn for the better (in a sense), with only six storms forming
10.2015 PHS is less active than 2014 PHS.
11.Another WPAC TC will approach Haiyan in intensity
12.A powerful TC will hit either Madagascar or Australia.
13.I will get less than two inches of rain this year
0 likes   

Cyclenall
Category 5
Category 5

Re: 2015 Predictions

#4 Postby Cyclenall » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:35 pm

Cyclenall wrote:Here are my 2014 predictions:

1. Fidel Castro will, you guessed it, again NOT die this year either Yes
2. Toronto mayor Rob Ford wins re-election in the Fall to the amazement of the world. His celebrity fame earns him the chance to make us all laugh even more No, he announces that he has cancer and switched to being a candidate in Ward 2 which was his old ward before becoming mayor. This news is equally as unreal as if he had won again. He won Ward 2 and is still in council.
3. Donations to Christmas charity like the Salvation Army Kettle and others in Canada and the US drop ~15% from 2013's amounts. This is a new tradition since 2008
4. Weather worldwide will swing into an extreme phase where disasters and calamities start to rise considerably. Its already started in December 2013. Emphasis on incredible cold during this winter in the northern hemisphere, ice/snow storms, and severe weather Yes to the first 2 points, no on the 3rd and a big no to the world having many huge disasters...it was a boring year IMO
5. The Atlantic Hurricane season will be record low if no El Nino occurs, if one occurs than a few hurricane's making landfall in the US with above average ACE I already changed my mind on this but if I change it now it wouldn't be fair because this was to be posted Dec.31 of 2013 - not many records were yet but there was a hurricane landfall in the US and the season was boring
6. Next winter will be starting around Christmas and be above average in temperatures No
7. The winter in NA will be very cold until early March when a large warm-spell ends it. Spring will be way above average (hotter than last year's) with the giant warmth happening in 3 periods I can already see this crashing and burning :oops: :oops: - No to all except the first point
8. It will be the 13th hottest summer in Canada and the 18th hottest in the US. Average precip. This is the one that drives me crazy, it was closer to record coldest!!! :grr: I don't know about the precip but I think slightly above average rain?
9. No attacks will occur directly at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics in Russia Yes
10. Syria continuing to slip into the abyss with the Civil War ongoing, nothing huge but some more interviews and comments from Bashar Al-Assad are broadcast Sort of Yes
11. Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine, and Turkey experiences major unrest and riots throughout 2014. Egypt spins totally out of control near the end of the year where death tolls similar to Syria start occurring in a new simmering Civil War No
12. The Dow stock market will reach 18,600 by the end of the year No
13. Oil prices will remain steady throughout the year between $70-$100 a barrel...going down near $60 by the end of the year unless the Middle East explodes Yes
14. The Xbox One experiences a major scandal that makes the news and feels a sharp jab of further reduced sales than ever before. PS4 outsells all consoles 2:1 No to first, yes to 2nd
15. It will be the biggest year at the box office in sales since record keeping began, massive line up of blockbusters at the theaters Yes
16. The US tornado season will be the 4-5th most active of all time Maybe this upcoming severe weather event will help out :lol: - No, record lowest since data keeping began, wasn't 2014 just lovely? That number is now more scary to me than any other number
17. Iran continues to cooperate with giving up its nuclear program and the inspectors come in and find everything is as promised. Iran's relations with the US and Israel nations improve dramatically to the surprise of everyone. Almost all the sanctions against Iran are gone by year's end Not really
18. A former President will die and then come back to life No
19. Amish Mafia is renewed for a 3rd season, Duck Dynasty creates another controversy that almost knocks the family off TV again, and The Big Bang Theory becomes the highest rated show in ALL of TV currently airing again Yes already for the 1st - No to 2nd, and ?? to 3rd
20. Blackberry's stocks fall to new record lows which goes to under $1 a share by year's end
21. YouTube changes its layout and interface again, more get pissed off BIG YES, they kept doing it and screwed the PS3 App real good at the end of last year which was their Christmas gift to everyone using it
22. Piers Morgan is turfed from CNN Yes!!!!! :lol:
23. The Leaning Tower of Pisa falls down No
24. None of george_r_1961's predictions in this thread will come to pass except #9 No

I put comments to ones already addressed after the first dash for some of them. Numbers 3, 17, 19, 20, and some of 24 will be looked into later on.

I was waiting for this thread since early December.

Here are my 2015 predictions:

1. Fidel Castro will, you know the drill by now, yet again NOT die this year
2. Toronto mayor Rob Ford wins his health battle but it came at a price. Its revealed that he is smoking dope while in treatment.
3. Donations to Christmas charity like the Salvation Army Kettle and others in Canada and the US drop ~30% from 2014's amounts. This is a new tradition since 2008.
4. A personal and embarrassing video of Taylor Swift comes out, likely hacked
5. It will be the biggest year at the box office in sales since record keeping began, insane line up of blockbusters at the theaters unlike any other year
6. After being behind in the polls, the Conservatives win the federal election in Canada this Fall
7. Oil drops to a low of $32 this year
8. The DOW reaches a new record high of 19,200 by mid-October
9. Summer temperatures are normal in southern Ontario but there is one mega-heatwave that breaks records, and lasts 6 days
10. Canada slips into a deep recession during 2015
11. As Mitt Romney steps out of the race for President, these enter: Herman Cain, John Huntsman, Ted Cruz, Rick Perry, Mike Huckabee, John McCain (the shocker), Marko Rubio, Rand Paul, Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Donald Trump, Ben Carson, Elizabeth Warren, Hillary Clinton, Dennis C, Elliot Spitzer, and Anonymous (the group)
12. The media continues to ignore Syria's civil war and no one updates the Wikipedia articles properly
13. A hurricane hits the US and some craving to use more rotten cliches says "Dodged a bullet" yet again
14. Justin Bieber goes missing
15. ISIS takes over large areas of Libya and the government starts to fall apart even further leading to many thinking ISIS will control all of Libya by 2016
16. YouTube changes its layout and interface again, more get pissed off
17. Next winter will be starting around mid-November and will be well above average in temperatures and average precipitation
18. Amish Mafia is renewed for a 5th season as the plot becomes more ludicrous, some staff of Shark Tank get in legal trouble, and The Big Bang Theory & Saturday Night Live's ratings fall sharply
19. Yemen becomes a failed state
20. Brian Williams does return after his 6 month suspension from NBC News but reveals something shocking about his past during his return to TV
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”