Weather Model Sites

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Do you have a Weatherbell Subscription?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 6

asd123
Category 1
Category 1

Weather Model Sites

#1 Postby asd123 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:56 pm

First of all I have one too, but only for the Winter Months.

I ask this poll because I hear about Weatherbell so often and it's the most famous subscription site. I chose Weatherbell because I absolutely fell in love with its detailed models and pretty graphics.

Second, is there any other subscription site that you all use besides Weatherbell? For myself, no

Any free sites that you all like and are good BESIDES TROPICAL TIDBITS? For myself, Twisterdata.com

Tropical Tidbits is one of the best free model sites out there, kudos to Levi Cowan.

I've attached an "attention getter" to my signature for a little bit, as no one really ever visits this section of the forum.
0 likes   
This post is NOT AN OFFICIAL FORECAST and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org. For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#2 Postby RL3AO » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:58 am

I forecast personally for forecast contests as well as for others (like the Minnesota Vikings/Gophers) during fall. The $180/yr for full access to ECMWF and its ensembles is worth it. Helps that Maue is a brilliant map maker.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”