The Board is complete ;)

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

JQ Public
Category 5
Category 5

The Board is complete ;)

#1 Postby JQ Public » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:21 am

WHY? Because i am here of course. I am JQ Public from twc forums and http://www.weatherforums.com (stormchaser14's website) and widremann's website. haha Well i am from raleigh a college student and ready to meet some new people and keep talking to old friends :)
Last edited by JQ Public on Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby chadtm80 » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:25 am

Welcome aboard JQ Public. Glad you made it :wink: this is a great site.
0 likes   

ColdFront77

#3 Postby ColdFront77 » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:27 am

Hello JQ. Welcome aboard. I registered here on October 10th and really started posting here in the last hour. :)

Hello Chad.
0 likes   

chadtm80
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby chadtm80 » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:30 am

Hello ColdFront25 glad to see you posting... :D
I Love this place :lol:
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!! WELCOME!!!

#5 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:36 am

GLAD you've decided to join us here!!! You'll like it!!!

I know you will be a welcome addition, since I've seen you at TWC!! Too bad they messed up like they did today!! I figure it is their loss! :agrue:
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

JQ Public
Category 5
Category 5

hmmm

#6 Postby JQ Public » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:42 am

I know its so sad what they did...and i had just finished my one year anniversary of posting there and they do this. What a nice surprise! Its weird to see how different life is w/o messageboards...i mean i can live w/o them, but the transition is awkward. Oh well thanks for the joyous welcome. Don't worry i will not disappoint ;)
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#7 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:39 am

Hey JQ..I guess you can tell I'm now here....beware...8000 posts here I come! bahahaha
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#8 Postby cycloneye » Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:24 am

Hey my friend JQ welcome here and you can see that storm2k is a complete board. :D :D
Last edited by cycloneye on Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Rainband

#9 Postby Rainband » Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:31 am

Welcome JQ Public. We are happy to have here. Enjoy and if you need anything let us know. :wink:
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

This is a great place for a reunion!

#10 Postby Stephanie » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:00 am

:D

It's nice to see everyone here!
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby wx247 » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:03 am

Welcome JQ! College student here as well, except from Missouri! I enjoyed reading your posts at TWC Message Boards and look forward to reading them at a much friendly forum.

Garrett :D
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Rob-TheStormChaser

#12 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:42 am

Hiya Steph! and whats up wx? Good to see some older (no pun) folks transcending here. I hope this becomes a 'new' close knit family here as well.
0 likes   

MHMama
Tropical Wave
Tropical Wave

#13 Postby MHMama » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:48 am

Ready or not, I'm here too. Good to see so many from TWC.
0 likes   

Rainband

#14 Postby Rainband » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:52 am

Welcome MHMama, Enjoy 2k :wink:
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#15 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:58 am

Heya MH..I'm watching TWC boards and they only have practically topics ONLY over there now and all these shellshocked people not having anything to do or no direction. The downfall continues!
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

It is a good thing to have friends....

#16 Postby streetsoldier » Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:05 pm

But far better to enjoy their company outside the now-infamous, restrictive atmosphere at "that other place" :grr: .

This having been said...AVAST THAR, all ye lubbers, Arrgghh! Ship's poogle Annabelle sends all her "Ar-OOO-OOO-OO-ah!" as she perches herself on Her Royal Poogleness' High Pillow; Coppertop will be advised ter come aboard soon as he is on deck, Arrgghh! :wink:
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#17 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:08 pm

lmao Bill...always good to have ye landlubbers aboard thar vessles of pleasure. I just love watching the other place go to pieces much like a cannonball went through their sails...bahahahaha
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#18 Postby wx247 » Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:15 pm

Rob...and everyone else for that matter...

I am curious as to everyone's experience with the weather. Are you a met, a passionate observer, amateur forecaster, or just fascinated with mother nature?

Myself...I was originally going to be a met, but now I am taking a backwards approach to it. I am getting my degree in Communications from a local university. Then after I graduate I plan on getting a job in a small market (probably Joplin,MO) and while I am working go through Mississippi State to get my broadcast met. degree. I know it is not the same thing as a true meteorology degree, but that is what works best in my circumstance.

Garrett :multi:
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Rob-TheStormChaser

#19 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:23 pm

Garrett....sounds like you have things in order. I dont blame you for maybe taking a different approach to it...it is pretty hard! I can almost bet only a few here are actually Met people, I for one, am all of the above as you referenced. I went to Penn State here in PA and it was pretty rough but I managed it. I also was in the Army 8 years total and did nothing but Meteorology...so I know a little bit on the subject. I dont get all fancy in front of everyone...I dont want to make it look like I'm a know-it-all, cause I really still have alot to learn! I do like to dabble with it and I'll be patching some of my older threads over from TWC to here so people can get a better take on who I am and what I do. I am a stormchaser even though living in PA makes it a long drive wherever I go. Looks like since my banning @ TWC, that I'll have more time to hit the roads and do some work related jobs and also once the weather warms up...I'm usually out and about. I hope that others here are just as interested in the other members here as well as the weather we all enjoy from time to time.
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

I wonder if Dennis can shed any light

#20 Postby Stephanie » Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:32 pm

as to what happened or the conversations he had with the Administrators (only if he wants to).

Anyway Rob, Who ya' callin' old son??? J/K! :wink:

I think I'll be shell shocked for days. I can't believe how things unfolded over there and how they treated us! I don't understand what they were trying to achieve with that and I've never been so outraged in all of my life! :grr:
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”