The Board is complete ;)

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Rob-TheStormChaser

#21 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:38 pm

Dont feel too bad Steph..I lost ALOT more than anyone can possibly conceive. It really hit home to think that I went from a near death experience and toiled all my hours and heart and dedicated more time there then maybe 50 people combined. I was twisted every which way and still kept up with demand and chit chat...and in the end all I get is a reprimand and no excuse for it! I still see a few posting, but its nothing like it was. TWC has the wind knocked out of them and even if they brought me back...at this point I dont think I'd give them the time of day for the BS they put me through....no matter WHAT I've said in the past that was so out of range! Its funny...but the reason I get canned is for disrespecting TWC/members...lmao...since when? And I begged them and others to find where I dissed them! Secondly, there are people adding posts only to have Tracy or Dennis remove/edit them...so why bother? Forget them...all they will do now is torture whoever is left....not a properly run MB anymore...they are going down!
0 likes   

Stephanie
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

The thing is I don't think TWC even cares at this point

#22 Postby Stephanie » Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:43 pm

and what a dangerous precedent they started if they banned you for "criticizing" them. Dictatorships are run like that!
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#23 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:52 pm

Well..I didnt want to ruin everyones hump day over there yesterday and I just got yanked while others are blatently telling TWC to shove their site up their @$$ and putting links to other places....do you see them banned? No.

I dont mind that there's people here spreading the good word and all, but I almost wanted to go back on there with another name and keep getting banned, which would happen for sure, and smear them for what they did. However, I am better than that and I wont fall victim of a double dose just because they want to play ball with the ol Robster!

Trust me...they will be knocking on my door soon once I get through the proper avenues and I'll see what they have to say then! I dont need to stoop to their level and bash, retaliate and ban, instead I'll hit em where it really matters....members.

As you can see the parade has begun...some wont leave at all and they will always be a staple of GTC and other places, but lets be real here.....what the hell is left over there? 1st chat goes, then the boards arrive, TWC turns commercial, OT arrives because of peoples cries...now its gone when I know for a fact they just peaked on Wednesday for having the most members. I still have the list here.

I gaurantee their ratings will drop, their members will drop and their respect from past people that have been there will as well. They just did themselves in...and I'm actually laughing about it for the 1st time.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

I'M JUST HAPPY YOU GUYS HAVE COME TO JOIN US!!!

#24 Postby vbhoutex » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:07 pm

At this point I figure TWC MB's are dust!! I for one will not be discussing them anymore!! They have probably killed their MB's for all intents and purposes and I figure that is their loss and our gain.

Rob, as far as holding back on your weather expertise-DON'T!! I will be getting with you privately about that. Meantime, give us a dose of your forecasting skills. No one will think you are a know it all and it will probably spark some good discussions. GO FOR IT!! :agrue:

Ahoy there StreetSoldier, Coppertop and Anabelle!!! Welcome aboard the new ship PBS!!! We look forward to your contributions!!! :D Belle sends her Awoowoowoo back to you Anabelle. That makes two queens on the board! :?:
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Rainband

#25 Postby Rainband » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:16 pm

Don't hold back any weather expertise that you have. I myself am am a novice at weather but very eager to learn. We have alot of weather experts on here and the more the merrier I say. You will come in handy during my favorite time of year "CANE SEASON!!!!!!!" again welcome :wink:
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#26 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:18 pm

Thanks David....if you've seen me on TWC boards, then you know me to be spread out all over the place 10 ways to sunday when it comes to coverage on a site. Once I'm planted...look out! lol I appreciate the thoughts and I will do my best to serve you and you are correct,,,their loss is your gain.
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#27 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:20 pm

Thanks again John. i can only 'wish' I was in Florida during the Hurricane season. I do the tropics a little less than I want to, but I still have insight into tracking and model runs etc. Lets hope its a great year ahead of us.
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#28 Postby streetsoldier » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:29 pm

My interest in weather has always been in the police/FEMA/SAR fields; preparedness, disaster aftermath/recovery, setting up EOCs, you name it, I've been there.

In short, the "human factor"; protecting, serving and when necessary, finding people when the Vigoro hits the Mixmaster.

Speaking of "preparedness"...I just now heard on FoxNews that St. Louis has placed, or is in process of placing, 10-foot blocks at each end of the Arch to prevent or forestall truck bombers. I spent many happy (and strange) hours in the Jefferson Expansion Memorial area, both as a STL cop and civvie, and this has to be a sad day, indeed, when I hear of such precautions being taken.

I hear one "Allahu Akbar!" (God is great), I respond with "O af andak!" (the traditional Arab acceptance to a challenge) just before sending him upstairs to meet those 72 "Virginians"...LOL :wink:
0 likes   

Stormsfury
Category 5
Category 5

#29 Postby Stormsfury » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:30 pm

*LOL* -

Rob already at 126 posts!!!! ...
What's the scope ... TWC banned you ?!!!...
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#30 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:33 pm

Was it 72? Thought it was 71? Ah well. I can see where they need barricades around our Embassy type places...but the Arch? Werent they supposed to finish that thing years ago and have the other arch next to it? lol (ref to McD's) :roll:
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#31 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:35 pm

Stormsfury wrote:*LOL* -

Rob already at 126 posts!!!! ...
What's the scope ... TWC banned you ?!!!...

Banned bigtime bro! I was their first victim! DOA @ 7:33pm
0 likes   

Rainband

#32 Postby Rainband » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:37 pm

Rob, It's a double edged sword with me. On one hand the weather lover in me wants canes to come this way. :o But the realist in me wants the damage and fatalities to stay away. So I look at it like this, they are going to happen so why not watch and learn from them :wink: Everyone in the path should evacuate anyway and If they choose to stay the must face the consequences :wink:
0 likes   

southerngale
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#33 Postby southerngale » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:38 pm

Welcome JQ! Were you able to get a link before TWC removed it or did you get my email with the link?

Welcome also MHMama, Stephanie and all of the new members!
0 likes   
Please support Storm2k by making a donation today. It is greatly appreciated! Click here: Image

Image my Cowboys Image my RocketsImage my Astros

Rob-TheStormChaser

#34 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:41 pm

John you are so right about that. Thats why IMO hurricanes should never have any deaths...you have the time and we have the technology for ample warning time. You get a storm like Mitch or some other powerful typhoon over near China and you'll see more innocent people die because they refuse to leave and they also have much less protection.
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#35 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:42 pm

Southern...you better get your tail in gear girly...I'm on your back door already! lol How things never change with me...amazing! :roll: :roll:
0 likes   

Stormsfury
Category 5
Category 5

#36 Postby Stormsfury » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:43 pm

Rob, I didn't even know you were online!

I just got home a little bit ago ... it's been a very rotten day for me so far.
All the good luck from last Wednesday until Basically yesterday, has abandoned me ...

I guess I'll be posting once a day on TWC .... I have my climate data there.
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#37 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:46 pm

I hear ya Mike....be careful over there...they are scrutinizing every little thing you write and editing more closely than Mother Theresa at a Jerry Springer show! I can only view the boards and people are jumping off the boat faster than the Titanic!
0 likes   

Rainband

#38 Postby Rainband » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:48 pm

Rob The level of complacency around here is very high. I understand in a way. Everytime we are in the warning cone the track shifts away from us. But what people don't realize is, one time the track isn't going to shift and they are going to think that the authorities are crying wolf. But I try to explain to people I would rather leave for no reason then stay and lose my life :wink: I live in a pretty sturdy structure :roll: but when mother nature gets mad she can demolish anything :roll: So anything above cat2 and I am gone!!!!!! :director: and I'll advise my neighbors to do the same :wink:
0 likes   

Stormsfury
Category 5
Category 5

#39 Postby Stormsfury » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:49 pm

Quite a few people jumped ship, and quite a few others have gotten banned ... What made this move even more strange was the fact that AZSnowman came over here also, so I'm guessing he wasn't too happy about the move that TWC made to eliminate off-topic.
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#40 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:56 pm

So right John. I lived in and around Savannah, GA and didnt see any action while stationed down that way. I missed Hugo by months as I got shipped to Germany in 1989. I used to go to Tampa on weekends and see my sister and always waited for something to happen but nothing transpired. I'd say anything over Cat 2 is time to go if you are coastal and a few miles in...Cat 3 and you can forward my mail cause I'd be in Orlando! lol Anything higher...I'd take a spin to the Appalachins and take a quick vacation..lol

Mike...Dennis got PO'ed and actually 'left' there but he is still editing posts and doing duties there I imagine. I dont know his friendship with JohnAdmin now and things are a bit confusing since he didnt answer my emails as to why and who banned me.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”