Why is Weather.Com so Doom and Gloom Lately?

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

ConvergenceZone
Category 5
Category 5

Why is Weather.Com so Doom and Gloom Lately?

#1 Postby ConvergenceZone » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:16 am

Anyone been to weather.com over the last few months? It seems like the home page is filled with Doom and Gloom weather stories with dramatic headlines titling each story........ Just wondering if I'm the only one who's noticed that? and what the heck is up with that?
0 likes   

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby WeatherGuesser » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:59 pm

All I can say is that it's the same company as TWC. Further thoughts would not be permitted here.
0 likes   

ConvergenceZone
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#3 Postby ConvergenceZone » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:37 pm

WeatherGuesser wrote:All I can say is that it's the same company as TWC. Further thoughts would not be permitted here.

I'm sure further thoughts are allowed here. Afterall, one must wonder why the home page is covered with stories as if the world is going to end shortly..........All I'm asking is why? Unless they are only something and they are correct.........
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

Re: Why is Weather.Com so Doom and Gloom Lately?

#4 Postby tolakram » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:57 pm

Drama sells. I think that's about all there is too it.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#5 Postby WeatherGuesser » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:12 pm

ConvergenceZone wrote:
WeatherGuesser wrote:All I can say is that it's the same company as TWC. Further thoughts would not be permitted here.

I'm sure further thoughts are allowed here.

No, because there are rules against discussing politics and 'bashing' mets.

Hence I can say nothing in depth about the site you mention, TWC or WU, which are in fact all one and the same.
0 likes   

ConvergenceZone
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Re:

#6 Postby ConvergenceZone » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:57 pm

WeatherGuesser wrote:
ConvergenceZone wrote:

I'm sure further thoughts are allowed here.

No, because there are rules against discussing politics and 'bashing' mets.

Hence I can say nothing in depth about the site you mention, TWC or WU, which are in fact all one and the same.

Yea, that's why I respect that and never talk about Politics......... But asking why a certain web page is why it is, is in no way talking politics or bashing mets.....This is more about sensationalism and marketing. the online mets on the weather channel are just fine...Jim Cantore is till my favorite(I love his passion).....

Although I will say that weathernationtv.com still gets most of my viewing time :). Kind of like the weather channel before reality tv took the station over.
0 likes   

ConvergenceZone
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Why is Weather.Com so Doom and Gloom Lately?

#7 Postby ConvergenceZone » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:00 pm

tolakram wrote:Drama sells. I think that's about all there is too it.

Yea, you are probably right..... hey tolakram, have you ever checked out weathernationtv.com? It almost has the feel of the weather channel of yesteryear... It's improved quite a bit from last year too, less of the same commercials all the time and more variety overall.... I'm thinking of buying a RAKU, just so I can watch it on my TV instead of on the computer. The only thing I wish weathernationtv had that the weather channel has is "local on the 8s"
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”