A request for paryers and positive thoughts

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

A request for paryers and positive thoughts

#1 Postby Kalrany » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:57 am

Hi all.
Thanks in advance to anyone who responds in any way to this post. There have been a lot of changes and challenges recently, and my family and I could use some positive vibes/thoughts/prayers.
1- My husband's grandfather has been diagnosed with late stage bone cancer. Please pray for and easement to the pain.
2- He has also been diagnosed with TB (he lived and worked as a missionary in India, and went back for a visit for his 90th birthday a few years ago -- we think he may have picked it up then). Please pray that the symptoms are not too sever as he goes through hospice for the cancer. Please also pray that no one else in the family has been exposed as we visited with him prior to diagnosis.
3- ...Especially as I and one of my sister-in-law's are pregnant.
4- Also, in general for this pregnancy, as we are moving from 1st to 2nd trimester and it is time to look for genetic/chromosomal abnormalities. As an older (38yr old) first time pregnancy, this is a big concern.
5- And, finally, that I will be able to find work support, as my boss has been previously very unsupportive of pregnant women in the past, as my appointment is up around my due date. Not sure if it will be extended, or if it really is worth attempting to do so. Really need prayers for his attitude....
Whew! Sorry to be asking for so much, but this (feels like to me, anyway) is a complicated situation, and we need all the help we can get.
Thank you all.
0 likes   
TOTAL NOVICE. The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
Lansing MI, Galveston TX, Madison WI, Houston TX, Newark DE

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#2 Postby CajunMama » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:56 am

Prayers and positive thoughts for your grandfather. And congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!! I hope it goes smoothly. As far as your job, I would check the laws about terminating someone just because they are pregnant.
0 likes   

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: A request for paryers and positive thoughts

#3 Postby Kalrany » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:55 pm

Not illegal if the appointment is up. Not a guaranteed renewal.
0 likes   
TOTAL NOVICE. The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#4 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:32 pm

You have my prayers from Houston. Praying for God's hand in each situation and that all with turn out in a positive way.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby DaylilyDawn » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:53 pm

Prayers coming up for you and your family members , from Lakeland FL.
0 likes   

Kingarabian
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby Kingarabian » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:02 pm

Prayers going out to you and your family.
0 likes   
RIP Kobe Bryant

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#7 Postby Kalrany » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Thanks all! The TB tests for my husband and myself were negative! :)
One thing off the worry list.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#8 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:23 pm

Kalrany wrote:Thanks all! The TB tests for my husband and myself were negative! :)
One thing off the worry list.

Good news!! Keep us posted on the other situation. Still praying.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Hurricaneman
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby Hurricaneman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:27 pm

There is some good news but praying the bad news subsides
0 likes   

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#10 Postby Kalrany » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:41 pm

Thank you to all who sent their prayers and positive thoughts and the like. Here is a fast update.

My husband's grandfather passed away and we had his funeral this past weekend. The pain was well managed with hospice care and he maintained his mental acumen (and positive attitude) until the last 2 days, which was a blessing. His funeral was pretty well attended despite the snow storm this weekend, and it was a bitter-sweet celebration for a very active and deeply religious man. He touched many lives in many countries and will be missed.

Things seem to be going well with the pregnancy and so far my boss has been so busy I am not sure he even remembers that I told him. I am taking it as a good sign. We have passed the genetic tests and abnormality tests and so far our son looks to be growing healthy and on schedule. Thank you for all your good thoughts and prayers and ask to please continue if you would be willing. March is both right around the corner and so very far off.

Thank again to everyone!
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#11 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:01 pm

Thank you so much for the update.
So sorry your hubby's Grandfather has passed. My condolences to you both.
HURRAY on the pregnancy. So glad all is progressing well. Still keeping you guys in my prayers.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

northjaxpro
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#12 Postby northjaxpro » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:31 pm

My heartfelt prayers are extended out to you and your family!!
0 likes   
NEVER, EVER SAY NEVER in the tropics and weather in general, and most importantly, with life itself!!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Fay 2008 Beryl 2012 Debby 2012 Colin 2016 Hermine 2016 Julia 2016 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017 Dorian 2019

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#13 Postby angelwing » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:19 pm

Praying!
0 likes   
Agnes 72, Gloria 85, Floyd 99, Irene 2011, TS Lee 2012, Sandy 2012

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#14 Postby Kalrany » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:23 pm

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes. We are getting into the home stretch of the pregnancy, and so far things have been going well. We are now doing weekly ultrasounds and so far things look good!

Interestingly, as I have been so worried about my job, and it turns out that it just doesn't matter: my husband is being called back to work in Houston, so it was either plan to move or somehow find a new job. Needless to say, we will be moving this May back to the heat! :double: One never knows, I guess.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#15 Postby tolakram » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Grwat news, and good to hear. You can join the Texas thread when you get down there. :)
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#16 Postby CajunMama » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:33 pm

I'm not far from Houston and my daughter lives there. We can plan a meet-up of the local s2kers there after you move and get settled!
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#17 Postby vbhoutex » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:30 pm

CajunMama wrote:I'm not far from Houston and my daughter lives there. We can plan a meet-up of the local s2kers there after you move and get settled!

Great news that you are coming back to Texas and even better Houston!! We will be doing a meet up for the Annual Hurricane Workshop here in Houston on May 26 if I remember my dates right.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#18 Postby Kalrany » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:01 pm

vbhoutex wrote:
CajunMama wrote:I'm not far from Houston and my daughter lives there. We can plan a meet-up of the local s2kers there after you move and get settled!

Great news that you are coming back to Texas and even better Houston!! We will be doing a meet up for the Annual Hurricane Workshop here in Houston on May 26 if I remember my dates right.

Awesome! Always nice to meet new people!

Not sure if we will be there or moving on the 26 yet, but it is something I will keep in mind.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”