Most Temperate Climate?

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

Most Temperate Climate?

#1 Postby WeatherGuesser » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:42 am

I think that's the phrase anyways. The area with the most stable temperature and precipitation average year round and the least month to month variations.

At one time it was said to be the San Diego, CA area for the US, but I'm not sure that holds true any more.

So, where would you say it is for the US? The world?
0 likes   

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby WeatherGuesser » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:47 am

I should add 'comfortable' which cuts out the deserts and rain forests.
0 likes   

Ntxw
Storm2k Moderator
Storm2k Moderator

#3 Postby Ntxw » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

For the world I'd say Quito, Ecuador. Sits on the equator but up high so never really hot. Consistently 60s-80s and rain is a modest 38" a year so no droughts. And isnt rainy like other equatorial places. Pressures are very consistent rarely very high or low if at all (big storm systems and heat waves).
0 likes   
The above post and any post by Ntxw is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including Storm2k. For official information, please refer to NWS products.

Help support Storm2K!
Help Support Storm2K

Darvince
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: Most Temperate Climate?

#4 Postby Darvince » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:35 pm

For the US, depending on your preffered temperature range, I'd say Hawai'i for warm lovers, and the coastal Pacific for cold lovers (on the actual coast, not even Seattle or Portland count under those preferences)

For the entire world, for rain haters, you have the Atacama Desert which is consistently between 15-20C and almost never experiences rain. Rain lovers should enjoy tropical mountains like Quito, Ecuador which Ntxw already mentioned. For heat lovers, you have the entire equatorial band at your disposal. However, the true perfect human climate comes at no surprise - our birthplace - on the plains of Africa in Kenya and Uganda and the Ethiopian highlands.
0 likes   
:craz:

Return to “Off Topic”