American Weather Observer now online

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

American Weather Observer now online

#1 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:37 am

Please check out this new online magazine! https://www.americanweatherobserver.com/home.html The first issue is out and available for viewing. It is published by one of our members AZSkyman. Wishing you all the success Steve!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: American Weather Observer now online

#2 Postby angelwing » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:11 pm

TY for posting, it looks great!
0 likes   
Agnes 72, Gloria 85, Floyd 99, Irene 2011, TS Lee 2012, Sandy 2012

azskyman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby azskyman » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:05 pm

Thanks so much for sharing this with other Storm2k'ers, David. I've learned it is a slow and tedious process to promote new things, especially online. SO much good out there like S2K itself!! The American Weather Observer online will have a lot of focus on the PEOPLE of weather. Those who observe it, forecast it, chase it, measure it, broadcast it, and otherwise know the sky to be part of their lives. One unique aspect is the ability to post ONLINE data for YOUR HOME WEATHER STATION every month. Check that feature out at https://www.americanweatherobserver.com/january-2016-wx-data.html, and then snoop around and see what else is going on. Ours will be nothing quite like anything else, but sure hope you enjoy checking it out.
0 likes   

azskyman
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby azskyman » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:32 pm

Not really a reply, but rather a post of interest to members. Some of you remember when A.M.Weather was on PBS. Hope you'll take a look at the article this week about on-air meteorologist Joan Von Ahn. One of three who regularly presented the weather every morning. Here's the link. https://www.americanweatherobserver.com/joan-von-ahn.html Thanks for checking it out.
0 likes   

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby brunota2003 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:57 pm

I may have some stuff for them regarding ridge and valley splits here in the foothills of eastern Kentucky eventually. I've been gathering data over the last year or so, to try to help my local weather office out in their research into it. It is a work in progress...and has resulted in some surprising things (at least for me, anyways :lol: ).

Maybe I'll do something in regards to microscale meteorology, and how just because your neighbor has a weather station (or there is one within a 1/4 mile of you), doesn't mean that your data is not just as important as theirs.
0 likes   
Just a small town southern boy helping other humans.

Return to “Off Topic”