Getting another New phone

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Getting another New phone

#1 Postby DaylilyDawn » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:03 pm

Recently I decided to get another phone after the problems of not finding a replacement battery for the VKworld phone I have. SO I oredered another phone, a Nokia. I have had Nokia phones before and liked them . It is a Nokia N8 smartphone. I can't wait till it gets here.
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Getting another New phone

#2 Postby DaylilyDawn » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:09 pm

The new phone arrived yesterday!and it is alittle bit bigger than the LG phone that I had died on me. I still have to get a new case for it since the case for the LG will not fit and the case the VKworld phone used is too big. I like a case that has sivel clip on the back of it.
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#3 Postby CajunMama » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:11 pm

I hope I don't have to get a new phone. My phone fell in the toilet this past Monday. It's now sitting in a bag of rice and DampRid. :cry:
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby DaylilyDawn » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:30 pm

I hope that works to dry it out so it will work again. Phone prices are gettting sky high. I paid less than 90 dollars for the VK World phone and it turned out to be a peice of junk, I am giving it to my grandson for a toy, parents are Ok with it.The Nokia phone I got off of Amazon, it cost me $117.00 but it was worth it. The charge on the Nokia will last for at least 4 days before needing to be charged again. I am still be using the LG phone because of the alarms on it. I really don't need it for the screen or to make calls.
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#5 Postby CajunMama » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:55 pm

It's dead. 5 days of sitting in rice and DampRid. Can't get a charge at all. It's only 1/2 paid for. :crying: :crying: :crying:
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby DaylilyDawn » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:29 pm

So sorry that it didn't work. Try Amazon for a new phone. That is what I did. I looked for unlocked phones and there are a lot to choose from at more reasonable prices than the phones they are selling throught the phone service places. My problem for my Nokia is not the phone, it is finding a case that fits it. I found one on Amazon but I have to wait till I get paid to buy it. I am currently using the case I used for the VK world phone but it swallows the Nokia. My Nokia is just a little bit bigger than the LG that the screen was going out on.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#7 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:36 pm

CajunMama wrote:It's dead. 5 days of sitting in rice and DampRid. Can't get a charge at all. It's only 1/2 paid for. :crying: :crying: :crying:

Did you have insurance on it?
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Return to “Off Topic”