Pokemon Go

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

sunny
Category 5
Category 5

Pokemon Go

#1 Postby sunny » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:53 am

Okay, own up! Who's playing?!!
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: Pokemon Go

#2 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:52 am

Not me, but I see people everywhere doing it!! :eek: :lol:
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby angelwing » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:15 am

I'm not paying either, I'm a Bingo Bash fanatic:)
0 likes   
Agnes 72, Gloria 85, Floyd 99, Irene 2011, TS Lee 2012, Sandy 2012

sunny
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby sunny » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:17 am

It's fun, y'all should try it!! I went to a 'gym' for the first time Friday night and got my butt kicked lol.
0 likes   

euro6208
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby euro6208 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:13 am

:lol: It's downloaded on my phone but not played yet. :lol: I consider myself one of the OG's of pokemon as i bought every version from red/yellow to sapphire to pearl/diamond when they came out but sadly lost interest but still trying to follow the game but don't have time.

Many on Guam really addicted to this.
1 likes   
Remember, all of my post aren't official. For official warnings and discussions, Please refer to your local NWS products...

NWS for the Western Pacific

https://www.weather.gov/gum/

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#6 Postby vbhoutex » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:13 am

Last night in Houston someone playing it rammed into a Police car!! :double: :roll: The drivers comment was "that's what I get for playing this dumba** game." DOH!!!
1 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

sunny
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby sunny » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:49 am

vbhoutex wrote:Last night in Houston someone playing it rammed into a Police car!! :double: :roll: The drivers comment was "that's what I get for playing this dumba** game." DOH!!!

I saw that David! I'm still confused as to how anyone would think they could actually play this game and drive at the same time. Yet, folks do it. I also read where the two drunk guys walked off of a cliff trying to catch a Pokémon. It's a fun game to be sure, but you have to use common sense as well!

Happy Pokémon hunting euro6208! I am almost at level 12 :) I came close to winning my first battle at a gym yesterday! I'll keep on trying!
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#8 Postby tolakram » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:36 pm

I installed it but could not figure out how to capture the first Pokemon dancing on my desk. :oops:
1 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby Tireman4 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:11 pm

Nope...too busy with my dissertation, running and following the Astros..
1 likes   

sunny
Category 5
Category 5

#10 Postby sunny » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:38 pm

tolakram wrote:I installed it but could not figure out how to capture the first Pokemon dancing on my desk. :oops:

Toss the ball at it :) It took me a few times to understand how to do it as well!
0 likes   

sunny
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby sunny » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:39 pm

Tireman4 wrote:Nope...too busy with my dissertation, running and following the Astros..

ooo, a runner! Do you run races, or just for general health? Whole other thread I think, eh :)
0 likes   

Tireman4
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#12 Postby Tireman4 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:19 pm

Health but I have a race coming up....if I can stay healthy. Lol
1 likes   

abajan
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#13 Postby abajan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:00 am

Well, I just have a feature phone, so that won't be possible. :lol:
However, everywhere on the island people are playing it. It's like an obsession or something.
0 likes   

Extratropical94
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#14 Postby Extratropical94 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:43 am

I'm also playing it and I love it. Everyone is going crazy here. I've never seen so many people gather around in my city at 4 in the morning. :D

Only bad thing is that riding a bike doesn't count towards your egg hatching progress.

I'm Team Mystic by the way, how bout you?
1 likes   
54° 11' 59'' N, 9° 9' 20'' E
Boomer Sooner!
Go Broncos! Go Cards! Go Niners!
- Daniel

Kingarabian
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15 Postby Kingarabian » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:03 am

Been playing it since it came out. Only level 21 though. It's getting harder and harder to level.
2 likes   
RIP Kobe Bryant

sunny
Category 5
Category 5

#16 Postby sunny » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:54 am

Extratropical94 wrote:I'm also playing it and I love it. Everyone is going crazy here. I've never seen so many people gather around in my city at 4 in the morning. :D

Only bad thing is that riding a bike doesn't count towards your egg hatching progress.

I'm Team Mystic by the way, how bout you?

I'm team Mystic as well! I got my best egg hatch yesterday - Electabuzz :) I am really wanting Pikachu lol. I'll admit I haven't gone out of my way to hunt Pokémon, I just look while walking from my parking garage to work. There are also a lot of them around the back of my apartment complex. There is a place where everyone says is a goldmine across from where I get my nails done, so I might go over there on Saturday and see what I can catch :O
1 likes   

euro6208
Category 5
Category 5

#17 Postby euro6208 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:59 pm

:lol: so busy I played it once since
I downloaded it and it was like only 5 minutes.

So you catch Pokemon and level them up fighting other people's Pokemon?

I heard of Pokestops, what's that?

i heard of gyms, are the trainers you fighting against real human trainers or just imaginary trainers?
1 likes   
Remember, all of my post aren't official. For official warnings and discussions, Please refer to your local NWS products...

NWS for the Western Pacific

https://www.weather.gov/gum/

Extratropical94
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#18 Postby Extratropical94 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:56 am

euro6208 wrote::lol: so busy I played it once since
I downloaded it and it was like only 5 minutes.

So you catch Pokemon and level them up fighting other people's Pokemon?

I heard of Pokestops, what's that?

i heard of gyms, are the trainers you fighting against real human trainers or just imaginary trainers?

Whenever you catch a Pokemon, you get stardust and a number of candy for that specific pokemon (or to be more precise: for that pokemon's evolutionary line).
You can power up your Pokemon by using stardust and the corresponding candy. Levelling up by fighting is not possible (yet).

Pokestops are locations you can visit to get a bunch of random items (pokeballs, potions, revives, eggs) to refill your stocks. You need those to continue playing the game because otherwise you won't be able to catch pokemon or heal yours after gym battles.

Gyms are controlled by one of the three teams. Members of the team that has the gym under control can place their own pokemon in the gym. Members of other teams can battle those pokemon with their own ones.
The attacker can actively battle by tapping on the screen and swiping to dodge but the defending pokemon are controlled by a computer so as a defender you cant do anything but hope that your defending pokemon are strong enough.

So in general you cannot battle a real person directly, but you can battle real people indirectly by fighting their pokemon in a gym.

Control over a gym can also change when a team's active pokemon are defeated and pokemon of a different team are placed in the gym.

Hope that helps. :)
Have fun playing! :)
1 likes   
54° 11' 59'' N, 9° 9' 20'' E
Boomer Sooner!
Go Broncos! Go Cards! Go Niners!
- Daniel

sunny
Category 5
Category 5

#19 Postby sunny » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:43 pm

I finally caught Bulbasaur!!! It started raining on us so I got a little run in while I was at it lol
0 likes   

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#20 Postby Kalrany » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:51 pm

Downloaded and playing from time to time. It's been a couple of weeks now and I might be high enough to enter a gym, I think. I just get kicks out of walking around and fining spots. Don't like the changes they have made to game -- even less friendly to casual players. Thinking of deleating it if it gets worse.
0 likes   
TOTAL NOVICE. The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
Lansing MI, Galveston TX, Madison WI, Houston TX, Newark DE

Return to “Off Topic”