Got Rear Ended Today

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Got Rear Ended Today

#1 Postby DaylilyDawn » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:16 pm

Since today is Vetarans Day, several places here in Lakeland were treating veterans to a free meal. So we were headed to one place on S.Florida Ave when traffic stopped due to the lights .When the light changed , my hubby was just removing his foot from the brake to acclerate,when we were hit from behind. We heard a big BAM , a white Ford explorer Suv had rearended us.. The damage to our car is the rear liftdoor is pushed in, bumper has a hole and the door can not be opened, license plate is pushed up outward. Luckily we weren't hurt.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: Got Rear Ended Today

#2 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:58 am

Glad you are ok!! Hope they had insurance.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3 Postby DaylilyDawn » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:27 pm

We called her insurance companyand found out she had never called them to let them know she had caused an accident. So sometime this wekk they will be coming to see the damage find out where we want the work done at(our Honda dealer).
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#4 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:03 pm

DaylilyDawn wrote:We called her insurance companyand found out she had never called them to let them know she had caused an accident. So sometime this wekk they will be coming to see the damage find out where we want the work done at(our Honda dealer).
:eek: :roll: Why am I not surprised? At least she had insurance. Here in Texas/Houston my guess is that if 50% have insurance that would be high.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

Ralph's Weather
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#5 Postby Ralph's Weather » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:39 am

I had something very similar happen to me a couple weeks ago. Sitting at light and bam from behind. Thankfully no injuries. Now the lady that hit me's insurance co can't get a hold of her, typical. Estimate is $3700 to fix whole back end of my truck.
0 likes   
Follow on Facebook at Ralph's Weather.

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#6 Postby DaylilyDawn » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:38 am

So sorry to hear that.At least we did get ahold of her insurance comapany. The guy estimated it will take about $2000.00 to fix our car but might be more once they get into the repair and find hidden damage.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#7 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:20 pm

Ralph's Weather wrote:I had something very similar happen to me a couple weeks ago. Sitting at light and bam from behind. Thankfully no injuries. Now the lady that hit me's insurance co can't get a hold of her, typical. Estimate is $3700 to fix whole back end of my truck.

Unfortunately this is so typical of Texas. BTDT. UGH!! Keep on them to make them pay!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby DaylilyDawn » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:48 pm

We have an appointment dec 13 to have it fixed at the local Honda dealer's repair area at Regal Chevrolet. The regal auto group covers Chevrolet, Honda, Kia. We chose the repir place, not her insurance company
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby DaylilyDawn » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:06 pm

We took our car in to be repaired on Dec 13. It is now Dec 21 and our car is still in the shop. They found hidden damage once they got it opened up.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#10 Postby vbhoutex » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:39 pm

DaylilyDawn wrote:We took our car in to be repaired on Dec 13. It is now Dec 21 and our car is still in the shop. They found hidden damage once they got it opened up.

Have they indicated whether they plan to total it? I do hope they are providing rental vehicle for you!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#11 Postby DaylilyDawn » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:42 pm

They haven't said anything about totaling it yet, lets hope they don't. Yes they got us a rental but we have to pay for the insurance on the rental while we drive it.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#12 Postby vbhoutex » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:55 pm

DaylilyDawn wrote:They haven't said anything about totaling it yet, lets hope they don't. Yes they got us a rental but we have to pay for the insurance on the rental while we drive it.

Our insurance has always told us to not get the rental insurance since our insurance should cover it. But I guess if the others are paying it could be a whole different story.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#13 Postby DaylilyDawn » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:49 pm

We talked with our insurance about it and they recommended that we have the insurance because of accidents happening even when we aren't driving it, like when it is parked in a parking lot and someone backs into it.
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#14 Postby DaylilyDawn » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:14 pm

The repair people called my husband and told him they found hidden damage and were waiting for the guy to come and authorize the new amount of payment increase, so we still don't have our car back. The rental is a Jeep Compass and it is not as comfortable as our Honda CRV. The dogs are not comfortable in it either . One of the dogs like to sit on my hubby's leg and stick her head out the window while he is driving. The is Jeep doesn't have the right length between the steering wheel and the area where she likes to sit.
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#15 Postby DaylilyDawn » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:59 pm

Now it looks like it will be Jan 2 or 3rd before we get our car back from the Honda repair place.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#16 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:31 pm

DaylilyDawn wrote:Now it looks like it will be Jan 2 or 3rd before we get our car back from the Honda repair place.
:eek: :roll: Go over your vehicle with a fine toothed comb when you get it back!! I would be very wary of everything with the additional damage found and the amount of time it has taken to get it done.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#17 Postby DaylilyDawn » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:03 am

We took everything out of our car before we took it to be repaired. The only thing we left in the car was the manual that came with the car. All of of our personal things like charging cords for phones , change purse we keep in the consol, all things like that were removed be fore it went to the shop.
0 likes   

DaylilyDawn
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#18 Postby DaylilyDawn » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:52 am

We got a call yesterday afternoon from the Honda repair people saying we could come get our back back. So as of 5 pm yesterday afternoon. we finally have our Honda CRV back.
1 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”