The dying wish of Perry Williams, a fellow SE US wx enthusiast

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

The dying wish of Perry Williams, a fellow SE US wx enthusiast

#1 Postby LarryWx » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:29 am

I hope it's ok to post this here. I saw this on another weather forum and a request was made to share this as you can see below. This is from Perry Williams/"southernwx", a fellow SE US weather enthusiast who was and may still be a member here. He's been enthusiastically posting on wx bb's for at least 15 years sharing his immense knowledge of SE US wx history, including tropical events. The gofundme link shows the current goal is at $30K.

"Doctors told me last week the aggressive cancer in my lower abdomen is growing rapidly, and there's nothing they can do to stop it. They don't believe I'll live more than a few months at most. I believe in miracles but also reality of aggressive stage 4 cancer. I accept God's will, regardless.

However, I'm totally alone here in metro Atlanta. My only living close family is my younger sister and her family who live in Portland, Oregon. My dying wish is to be there with those I love most when the Lord takes me home. Because of my bedridden condition (can no longer sit due to having no left hip or pelvis; surgically removed in the attempt to stop the cancer), I'll need an air medical flight to transport me, which can cost $10,000 dollars or more (per my Emory nursing facility Social Worker).

After a lot of thought and prayer, created a GoFundMe website to help my dying wish become reality. Thanks for any assistance you can provide, and for your prayers. God bless you!

https://www.gofundme.com/help-perrys-dy ... -come-true

Please feel free to share this"
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

Re: The dying wish of Perry Williams, a fellow SE US wx enthusiast

#2 Postby LarryWx » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Bump
0 likes   
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Bunkertor
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby Bunkertor » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:55 pm

Now , that is sh*t news. I would give some bucks, but i´m not into online payment things, but i sent it out
0 likes   

Bunkertor
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Bunkertor » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:40 pm

I heard, Reddit is useful for pushing topics. Is anyone member there ?
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#5 Postby vbhoutex » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:08 pm

1 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#6 Postby vbhoutex » Tue May 09, 2017 8:18 pm

Sadly Perry Williams passed away this morning. He made it to Oregon to be with his family as he lived out the last days of his life here on Earth. He will be missed my many, many people within and outside of the weather community. He was an inspiration to many of us as he fought the fight against the SCOURGE OF CANCER as it ravaged his body. MAY YOU R.I.P. MY FRIEND!!
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#7 Postby cycloneye » Tue May 09, 2017 9:10 pm

Rest in peace his soul.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

LarryWx
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby LarryWx » Wed May 10, 2017 10:53 am

Condolences to Perry's sister and the family. Though this is very sad, I agree that he's in a better place and it is great that he made it to Oregon to be with his loved ones. May Perry rest in peace.
0 likes   

KatDaddy
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby KatDaddy » Wed May 10, 2017 8:07 pm

Perry fought cancer for several years and was very positive through his daily battles. I will always remember meeting Perry at Storm2K in the beginning years and became weather friends through the years. God Bless that he is no longer suffering the pain. Weather and Perry will always go together.
0 likes   
The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

South Texas Storms
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#10 Postby South Texas Storms » Wed May 10, 2017 9:28 pm

Praying for Perry's family.
0 likes   

Bunkertor
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby Bunkertor » Tue May 16, 2017 3:01 pm