NASA Satellite GOES-16

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

lrak
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

NASA Satellite GOES-16

#1 Postby lrak » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:01 pm

I sometimes use the RAMMB/CIRA slider but most of the time I use the high resolution visible, IR, and WV on the old site. I can sit and setup the satellite at 1400x1000 resolution and watch the Earth in IR at 50 frames. Amazing, I'll catch myself watching these images more than I watch movies LOL. Anyone else fall in love with our new toy? I wonder what will result after they fine tune the satellite, anyone know?
2 likes   
AKA karl

Also
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
My posts on this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. My posts are my basic observations and are definitely not backed by any "well some" meteorological knowledge. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

lrak
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: NASA Satellite GOES-16

#2 Postby lrak » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:42 pm

0 likes   
AKA karl

Also
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
My posts on this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. My posts are my basic observations and are definitely not backed by any "well some" meteorological knowledge. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

MahFL
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

Re: NASA Satellite GOES-16

#3 Postby MahFL » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:26 pm

lrak wrote:I sometimes use the RAMMB/CIRA slider but most of the time I use the high resolution visible, IR, and WV on the old site. I can sit and setup the satellite at 1400x1000 resolution and watch the Earth in IR at 50 frames. Amazing, I'll catch myself watching these images more than I watch movies LOL. Anyone else fall in love with our new toy? I wonder what will result after they fine tune the satellite, anyone know?

Yer I love it. I make my own images. Only gripe is the IR pics are 2km not 1km like the GOES-east pics, but the Vis are better at 0.5km and the images are updated more often. Maybe when it goes operational we'll get 1km IR.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”