My pet Rooster just got murdered!

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

euro6208
Category 5
Category 5

My pet Rooster just got murdered!

#1 Postby euro6208 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:00 am

I came home today to find his dead 50 percent less feather body lying on the ground and his fence broken into with features scattered all around! I need a rooster investigator!
0 likes   
Remember, all of my post aren't official. For official warnings and discussions, Please refer to your local NWS products...

NWS for the Western Pacific

https://www.weather.gov/gum/

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

Re: My pet Rooster just got murdered!

#2 Postby hurricanes1234 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:20 am

Oh my goodness!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I wonder how on Earth that happened?? Did you let him go outside the last time you saw him?
0 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

euro6208
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby euro6208 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:30 am

Ok i had him for 2 months and we caught him from the wild. He was a young adult that likes to cok a doo every morning. We fed and took care of him but i was barely home. My partner was at home most of the time but he wasn't around when it happened.

We kept him in a medium size cage with wired fence around. He has one bully that likes to fight him but my Richard just lets it go after fighting.

So today after my partner mowed the tall grass around his cage, this is what happens!

I see that something went under his wired fence and attacked him as the fence is lifted like a foot off the ground with feathers around and the other side of the cage where he probrably fought this attacker. Quite astonishing is that in the other side of the cage is a HOLE where more feathers are found. I cannot believe that another rooster would do this . This is what my partner is saying. He says it's another rooster that attakced him but this fence is SUPER strong. I tried pulling on it from all 4 sides and it cannot break. It's like someone cut through the fence. It's pulled out like something was trying to get in. I'm thinking a cat or even a dog went in.

Now it's past midnight and i cannot do anything. I see his torn up cage and his dead body about 15 feet away waiting for morning to bury him!
Last edited by euro6208 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 likes   
Remember, all of my post aren't official. For official warnings and discussions, Please refer to your local NWS products...

euro6208
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby euro6208 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:31 am

I can post pictures when morning comes...I just want to know what killed him. Another kitchen, another animal, or maybe it's my partner...
0 likes   

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby hurricanes1234 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:51 pm

Aww I'm really sorry to hear about that. :cry: :cry:

I hope you're able to find out precisely what killed him though. The fact that the fence was torn makes it exceedingly unlikely another rooster did it. Even a larger animal, though more likely to be the culprit than a rooster, would probably have a hard time cutting through the fence like that. And I highly doubt your partner would do it, in the account you gave, at least, it doesn't sound like that's the case at all.

Also, please don't post pictures of the poor little rooster, it will be simply too sad to look at.
:cry:
0 likes   
PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of information from weather agencies that I may copy and paste here, my posts will NEVER be official, since I am NOT a meteorologist. They are solely my amateur opinion, and may or may not be accurate. Therefore, please DO NOT use them as official details, particularly when making important decisions. Thank you.

euro6208
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby euro6208 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:16 am

We buried him 2 days ago but I finally let go and am happy he is no longer suffering. I panicked that night after finding out he got murdered and went straight here to vent. :lol: I still want to post the pictures if you guys are ok with it. I just want to know what you guys think of what killed it. It's ok the pictures will be of the cage itself all cleanup after the murder scene.
0 likes   

hurricanes1234
Category 5
Category 5

#7 Postby hurricanes1234 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:03 pm

Ok, I guess you can post pictures, as long as it's nothing too gruesome.
:(
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”