Surfside, FL condo collapse

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

SconnieCane
Category 4
Category 4

Surfside, FL condo collapse

#1 Postby SconnieCane » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:12 pm

With metro Southeast Flordia being (at least historically) a hurricane-prone area, I know we have several members from that area. Anyone affected by the Champlain Towers collapse, or know someone who was/may still be missing?
0 likes   

toad strangler
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Surfside, FL condo collapse

#2 Postby toad strangler » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:17 pm

I just read that there is a duplicate sister building built by the same entity at the same time period that may be evacuated.

Champlain Towers North

ughh
0 likes   

Cat5James
Category 1
Category 1

#3 Postby Cat5James » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:25 pm

Local meteorologist Phil Ferro lost two family members in the collapse. Very tragic event.
0 likes   

itglobalsecure
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#4 Postby itglobalsecure » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:16 pm

As president of a sizeable condo association built in 1979, in Boca, I'm affected. I am so glad we booked our reserve studies and inspections back in January. Because there is a palpable fear that is going to affect condo owners living near the shore for a while. Condo owners are going to demand more from their boards, and want a better understanding of a building's envelope, to include its roof walls floors doors stairwells elevators and foundation. This is going to place a heavy burden on those that serve on a board of directors. Plus there's going to be a huge contention for qualified engineering and architectural resources.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”