Possible deadline from the US and UK to Saddam

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Possible deadline from the US and UK to Saddam

#1 Postby cycloneye » Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:58 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... altop.html

Let's see what happens after the inspectors report on valentines day then depending on the report if is negative to Iraq war will begin days ahead by late febuary or early march.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

coriolis
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#2 Postby coriolis » Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:57 pm

Time will tell. I'm not sure what to make of the latest involvement by the French, Germans, and Russians. They came out with an "Alternative" proposal, tripling the inspectors, total no fly zone, etc. In order to support that, I'd say we should insist on a couple thousand american troops to "protect" the inspectors. Maybe we could occupy Iraq without firing a shot.

I heard one tv commentator call France, Germany, and Russia the "axis of weasel" (thats a Paronomasia for those of you who remember my previous thread on "that other board")

I also heard that those three countries are against a war because THEY want the Iraqui oil. According to the report, they have huge pending contracts with Iraq, and stand to profit by keeping Hussein in power.
0 likes   
This space for rent.

Rob-TheStormChaser

#3 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:12 am

I think Bush is getting anxious and he's very nearly hitting the button to start this party!
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”