Over 3,000 national guards from Puerto Rico to persian gulf

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Over 3,000 national guards from Puerto Rico to persian gulf

#1 Postby cycloneye » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:44 am

A big movilization will be announced today here as the most biggest deployment from here will take place.This mobilization is one of the biggest in all the states from a location being the third most biggest in the states so we are with all of you in this war. :D
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby mf_dolphin » Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:46 am

We appreciate the support from Puerto Rico! I wish that Saddam would accept exile but I'm afraid that war is our only option to get rid of this despot.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#3 Postby cycloneye » Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:52 am

Marshall I wish that too but exile is something that would be a miracle if it happens.And he is continuing to play games with the UN and the inspectors and Iraq is not disarming and those concessions of the U-2 and interviews of scientists come to late.
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#4 Postby streetsoldier » Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:53 am

One has to wonder...if the National Guard and Reserves are gone, who will be "minding the store" at home? FEMA? Police (who are already overextended)? BOY SCOUTS? :?:
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby mf_dolphin » Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:01 am

I wonder why the Bush Administration hasn't done a better job of letting us know which countries are supporting the US position on Iraq. I know they've been mentioned but there sure hasn't been any focus put on them.

It would be nice to show the world just how many countries are on-board to oust Saddam. :D
0 likes   

Rob-TheStormChaser

#6 Postby Rob-TheStormChaser » Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:36 am

No doubt Marshall. Seems like we are playing a game within a game. Its good to see so much deployment for over there and Luis - I hope they all get back in country when this is all over with. Lets hope our men and women have the ability to survive this go around and that they return home to our soils and families, which they call their own.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#7 Postby cycloneye » Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:39 am

Yes Rob I hope that all the troops from here and from the states come back without any casualites.
0 likes   

pojo
Military Member
Military Member

#8 Postby pojo » Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:55 am

Cycloneye...I second that comment. I know these men and women are serving their respective countries, but their families would like to see them again (preferably as soon as possible...and not in a casket)
0 likes   

wx247
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby wx247 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:06 am

I too hope that they may all return home safely.

And Streetsoldier...you bring up a SUPERIOR point. Who will be watching out for the homeland security interests?

Garrett :o
0 likes   
Personal Forecast Disclaimer:
The posts in this forum are NOT official forecast and should not be used as such. They are just the opinion of the poster and may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. They are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or storm2k.org. For official information, please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

Rainband

#10 Postby Rainband » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:24 am

I just hope that this isn't what the terrorists and Iraq had planned on. I always wondered if our forces would be spread too thin. If we had alot of international support it would help us keep some of our guys here :o I hope that this won't work in the enemies favor.
0 likes   

streetsoldier
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#11 Postby streetsoldier » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:02 pm

Well, all of the States are permitted by Federal Law (Title 32, section 109 U.S. Code) to have and authorize a "State Military Reserve" or "Guard" or "Militia", which could not be Federalized, but operates only within its State under the Governor or Adjutant General thereof.

29 of the 50 have State Guards already in operation, and several more have such troops "on the books" but not yet called for (In Missouri, this is in Chapter 41, RS:MO, 1919, with revisions all the way up to 21 Aug 2001). Note the difference; these are State soldiers, subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice, uniformed and equipped by their State for whatever role the Governor(s) deem fit.

Some are taken more seriously than others within their borders; others are "tolerated", but not used (this from a misunderstanding of the law as it stands), and a few have been told to "stand down" (these are in States where the National Guard sees them as a "competitive" group for State support).

Note also that I am not talking about "rump militias" (i.e. those who are self-recruited and may have other "agendae" on their plate); I'm describing a State Government-authorized body of volunteers to act in case of emergency, civil unrest, etc.

The most active State Guards are in TX, GA, NY, VA and CA; you may want to visit your own State Constitution to see if such a force is authorized, and if so, ask your Governor why (especially now) he/she has not authorized their call-up, training, equipment and deployment...
0 likes   

Rainband

#12 Postby Rainband » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:09 pm

They are telling us now to have duct tape and plastic sheeting on hand in case of chemical or biological attack :roll: This is getting very nerve racking :( I wish they would be more specific in what they know :x
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”