Iran Nuclear Standoff

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re: Iran Nuclear Standoff

#1221 Postby cycloneye » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:35 am

Iran poised to expand enrichment of uranium and if that occurs, Israel has no choice to attack.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/02/19 ... roduction/

And this Iranian crossing of the Suez Canal into the Mediterranian Sea is very suspisious.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east ... l-1.413623
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars
and observations from Caribbean basin members Click Here

Hurricane Andrew
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1222 Postby Hurricane Andrew » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:16 pm

How much of an army does Iran have?
0 likes   

The Enthusiast
NREMT-AEMT, WX nerd

Irene '11, Sandy '12, Irma '17 (SAR)

"Hard to think we were born to live this way..." -Wage War

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

Re:

#1223 Postby cycloneye » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:53 pm

Hurricane Andrew wrote:How much of an army does Iran have?

I haven't got that information,but at least you can see something that they have at link below and for sure will use in case war comes. Let's see if I can get that question answered,or our friends can get it first than me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7496765.stm
0 likes   
Visit the Caribbean-Central America Weather Thread where you can find at first post web cams,radars

Hurricane Andrew
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1224 Postby Hurricane Andrew » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:58 pm

Do you think the UN nations would help Israel?
0 likes   

The Enthusiast
NREMT-AEMT, WX nerd

Irene '11, Sandy '12, Irma '17 (SAR)

"Hard to think we were born to live this way..." -Wage War

Bunkertor
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#1225 Postby Bunkertor » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Hurricane Andrew wrote:Do you think the UN nations would help Israel?

Aggressive war is VERBOTEN by the Charta of the United Nations, so i doubt the UN will support Israel in attacking Iran.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#1226 Postby cycloneye » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:12 pm

Iran threatens a pre-emptive strike

They will regret doing that if it comes to that point.

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran would take pre-emptive action against its enemies if it felt its national interests were endangered, the deputy head of the Islamic Republic's armed forces was quoted by a semi-official news agency as saying Tuesday.

"Our strategy now is that if we feel our enemies want to endanger Iran's national interests, and want to decide to do that, we will act without waiting for their actions,'' Mohammad Hejazi told the Fars news agency, NBC News reported.

Iran announced air defense war games to practice protecting nuclear and other sensitive sites, the latest in a series of military maneuvers viewed as a message to the West that Iran is prepared both to defend itself against an armed strike and to retaliate.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46461790/ns ... _n_africa/
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#1227 Postby cycloneye » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:30 pm

IAEA Inspectors are denied access to facilities

I think is not a surprise this news.

VIENNA – The U.N. nuclear agency says its experts have again failed to dent Iran's refusal to cooperate in probing allegations that Tehran covertly worked on an atomic arms program.

An International Atomic Energy Agency statement says Iran refused an IAEA request for access to a site where the agency suspects explosives testing related to a nuclear weapon took place.

It also says that despite "intensive efforts," no agreement was reached on how to relaunch the probe, which has been stalled for nearly four years.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/02/21 ... z1n4PE39R7
0 likes   

Bunkertor
Category 5
Category 5

#1228 Postby Bunkertor » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:34 pm

cycloneye wrote:IAEA Inspectors are denied access to facilities

I think is not a surprise this news.

VIENNA – The U.N. nuclear agency says its experts have again failed to dent Iran's refusal to cooperate in probing allegations that Tehran covertly worked on an atomic arms program.

An International Atomic Energy Agency statement says Iran refused an IAEA request for access to a site where the agency suspects explosives testing related to a nuclear weapon took place.

It also says that despite "intensive efforts," no agreement was reached on how to relaunch the probe, which has been stalled for nearly four years.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/02/21 ... z1n4PE39R7

Why should they let them one-eyed inspectors in. When was the last review on french, US , swedish or israel nuclear plants ?

BTW: Last week, US Secretary of defense, Panetta, testified in front of the house ( one of the two houses ) that the Iranians would not be able to build nuclear weapons ? This corresponds with knowledge the US services had 5 years prior.
0 likes   

Bunkertor
Category 5
Category 5

#1229 Postby Bunkertor » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:44 pm

cycloneye wrote:Iran threatens a pre-emptive strike

They will regret doing that if it comes to that point.

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran would take pre-emptive action against its enemies if it felt its national interests were endangered, the deputy head of the Islamic Republic's armed forces was quoted by a semi-official news agency as saying Tuesday.

"Our strategy now is that if we feel our enemies want to endanger Iran's national interests, and want to decide to do that, we will act without waiting for their actions,'' Mohammad Hejazi told the Fars news agency, NBC News reported.

Iran announced air defense war games to practice protecting nuclear and other sensitive sites, the latest in a series of military maneuvers viewed as a message to the West that Iran is prepared both to defend itself against an armed strike and to retaliate.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46461790/ns ... _n_africa/

You should consider citing more reliable sources than MSNBC, who are biased.

Fact is, the Iranians never started a war during the last 2 centuries. And neither did they during the last 2 years. During the last month, Israel threatened to conduct raids on the Iran. Not the other way round, mate.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#1230 Postby mf_dolphin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:25 am

Bunkertor maybe you should check your resources. The facts are that Iran has repeatedly threatened to wipe Israel off the face of the world.
0 likes   

Bunkertor
Category 5
Category 5

#1231 Postby Bunkertor » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:41 am

That´s nothing special, Vb. Verbal threats happen between ISR an Iran, Colombia and FARC, Cuba and US a.s.o. , but warfare is a different story. Not least an Airraid would trigger a NATO defence situation, the Rep. of Iran would not be able to withstand. And there a 40 U.S. garrisons in the region, so an attempt to wipe out ISR is not plausible imo.

The threat, you mention, is a result of a wrongly cited commend made by Ahmadinejad.
Ahmadinejad himself did not use the words wipe off and Earth / map - he said the Israeli Guvment had to vanish... ( Farsi-slang: In rezhim-e eshghalgar bayad az safhe-ye ruzgar mahv shavad ). In his speech Ahmadinejad refered to the Ayatollah ( Khomeini ? ) who once stated that History would wash the Israel Regime off-shore if they continued their policy ( my translation ), just like Shah Reza had vanished back then.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#1232 Postby vbhoutex » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Bunk, I'm not sure why you are responding to me, but I do agree with Marshall. And you are correct, if Iran is stupid enough to try and back their boasts(we have all heard them)they indeed would be turned into a pile of rubble by the response.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#1233 Postby mf_dolphin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Bunk I'm sorry but I couldn't diagree with you more on Ahmadinejad's statements. He has on numerous called for Israel to be wiped off the face of the earth. We all know that Israel won't sit back and let him have control of a nuke.
0 likes   

Bunkertor
Category 5
Category 5

#1234 Postby Bunkertor » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:39 pm

It is true that MA made some unfriendly or aggressive statements vs. Israel. I thought you was refering to THE statement. I agree with you on that, but from what i read over the past weeks, ISR threatened Iran with a preemptive strike, not the Iranians. When you don´t want to get invaded, you have to take action. Nothing new here. And i don´t trust the IAEA, because the only control plants in selected states.

The Iran signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and the additional protocol. Israel did not even sign the "normal" version. Israel should sign first.

The Iran had been armed by the western world vs. Saddam, even Israel emptied its stocks, because they were interested in a long fight Iran-Irak. Saddam was armed as well, for example against the Kurds in the Irak-Turkey border region. And Turkey has bee provided with weapons to. By the US and Germany was 2nd best operator here. Neither player does care about human rights or school-girls or similar stuff.
Many countries in the region are capable launching the bomb, including Russia, India and Pakistan and Israel. I can´t see a reason why the Iran shouldn´t be allowed to have THE bomb and Israel should. Israel owns about 200 nukes.
What many folks don´t know. The largest population of jewish believers outside Israel and the United States are living in the Iran and i never heard of pogroms or discrimination ( FOXNEWS of course would not say that )
There are even more aggressive countries in the region, for example Saudi Arabia. A Twitterer from SA will face a trial, because he twittered negative things about Proph Mohammed. The state lawyer ( correct term ? ) even asked for the death penalty. 200 Leo 2 A2 are in beeing shiped over to Saudi-Arabia.
What is happening now is that Israel is trying to lure the USA in another war, because it has not the capacity to strike on its own. Obama got a clue and Panetta let some steam out of the kettle last week.

Allright its not my bros who return home in plastic bags, but i want the US soldiers to live. I hope the Iran has its ignition-site soon. With iranian nuclear deterrence there will be enough time for further negotiations.
0 likes   

brunota2003
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#1235 Postby brunota2003 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:34 pm

If Iran gets the bomb, there will be all out war in the Middle East...so let's hope they don't get it!
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#1236 Postby mf_dolphin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:38 am

"The largest population of jewish believers outside Israel and the United States are living in the Iran"
- I don't know where you're getting your information Bunkertor or if you're just making it up. Here's a link to the world's Jewish population by country. Iran doesn't even show up...

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/jewpop.html

There is no doubt that Israel will take the steps to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuke with or without the US. Anyone who thinks they aren't capable hasn't looked into their history much.
0 likes   

cycloneye
Admin
Admin

#1237 Postby cycloneye » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:25 pm

Iran ramping up nuclear work

And the tensions keep rising.

VIENNA – Iran has rapidly ramped up production of higher-grade enriched uranium over the last four months, the U.N. nuclear agency said Friday, in a confidential report that feeds concerns about how quickly the Islamic republic could produce an atomic bomb.

The report by the International Atomic Energy Agency also said Iran had failed to give a convincing explanation about a quantity of missing uranium metal. Diplomats say the amount unaccounted for is large enough to be used for experiments in arming a nuclear missile.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/02/24 ... z1nKwyeoh5

Natanz nuclear facility

0 likes   

Bunkertor
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#1238 Postby Bunkertor » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:19 pm

mf_dolphin wrote:
"The largest population of jewish believers outside Israel and the United States are living in the Iran"
- I don't know where you're getting your information Bunkertor or if you're just making it up. Here's a link to the world's Jewish population by country. Iran doesn't even show up...

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/jewpop.html

There is no doubt that Israel will take the steps to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuke with or without the US. Anyone who thinks they aren't capable hasn't looked into their history much.

Nah, not making up. Been told by 1 or 2 sources, but i will go and doublecheck.

Edit: OK, i was wrong here. With 25.000 the iran jewish community ist the largest in the muslim-arab part of the world alongside with turkish community.
Last edited by Bunkertor on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

Bunkertor
Category 5
Category 5

#1239 Postby Bunkertor » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:29 pm

cycloneye wrote:Iran ramping up nuclear work

And the tensions keep rising.

VIENNA – Iran has rapidly ramped up production of higher-grade enriched uranium over the last four months, the U.N. nuclear agency said Friday, in a confidential report that feeds concerns about how quickly the Islamic republic could produce an atomic bomb.

The report by the International Atomic Energy Agency also said Iran had failed to give a convincing explanation about a quantity of missing uranium metal. Diplomats say the amount unaccounted for is large enough to be used for experiments in arming a nuclear missile.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/02/24 ... z1nKwyeoh5

Natanz nuclear facility

[img]httpmg]

The Iran is allowed to enrich uranium to provide enough energy for the land. And they are allowed to do so BY the IAEA !!!
The USA also had failed to explain where the nuke, lost on a B-52 Flight from ND in 2007. It could have been sold to an unstable country....
Pro bono. You must give some credit to the Iranians for providing at least some piece of information on their unranium-programm. Not all states do so *rolleye*
And: How can the IAEA know ? They have left the Iran without controllings plants. Given this, they are not able to calculate "missing" material.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#1240 Postby mf_dolphin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:08 pm

I know on no incident in 2007 where a US nuke was lost. There was an incident where armed cruise missiles were flown from ND imporperly but none of those were lost. The second thing is what doe that incident have to do with the Iranian situation?
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”