How do we make S2K better?

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Cryomaniac
Category 5
Category 5

#161 Postby Cryomaniac » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:26 pm

Something which just occurred to me (at like 2am local, but I can't sleep due to feeling ill...)

Would it be possible to have a check box on the "post a reply" form to automatically add the personal forecast disclaimer? Similar to how the "attach a signature" thing works?
0 likes   

gigabite
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#162 Postby gigabite » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:52 pm

Google's crawler, or Googlebot, is so designed to pick up on keywords. Keywords are phrases that users type into Google's search box, and the mechanism is such that Google records the most searched words, and indexes the sites matching these words, and this is what the search engine displays on its results.

http://bucarotechelp.com/market/seo/89030803.asp

Will adding keywords to the end of my post increase the hit count?
0 likes   

gigabite
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Hot links on the home s2k home page

#163 Postby gigabite » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:28 am

can we get the satellite hot links updated?
0 likes   

abajan
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: How do we make S2K better?

#164 Postby abajan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:51 am

Currently, the only information contained in the tooltip which is displayed when your mouse is hovered over a topic is the date and time when the opening post (OP) was submitted, as shown below:

It would be useful if, in addition to the time stamp, it contained the first couple of sentences or so of the OP. Here's a screenshot of the feature in action on another message board of which I'm a member:

On that message board the extra info is especially helpful in cases where the topic of a thread is unclear. Instead of having to click the title to read the OP, the tooltip is usually sufficient to get the gist of the thread. Also, since such previews aren't counted as views, if this expanded tooltip feature were to be implemented here at S2K, the Views column (highlighted below) would paint a more accurate picture of how many users are actually interested in the topic instead of including those who just want to find out what the thread is about.

0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: How do we make S2K better?

#165 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:47 pm

Thanks, staff and our new IP who is updating our site at the moment will look at this and see if we can/need to implement this or something similar.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#166 Postby CajunMama » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:38 pm

It is a useful tool that I use on my college sports board.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”