well chantal will move away

Moderator: S2k Moderators

weatherwoman
Category 1
Category 1

well chantal will move away

#1 Postby weatherwoman » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:59 am

What an exciting start for us Chantal is moving the wrong way hope this is not what happens all season!
0 likes   

Rainband

Re: well chantal will move away

#2 Postby Rainband » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:55 am

I am sure those in Florida Texas and LA would agree the last two years were exciting enough. All fish is what we need this year.
0 likes   

punkyg
Category 2
Category 2

#3 Postby punkyg » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:59 am

You want fish storms i need atleast 1 to 2 hurricanes to hit me which is florida to be happy.
0 likes   

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

Re:

#4 Postby RL3AO » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:02 am

punkyg wrote:You want fish storms i need atleast 1 to 2 hurricanes to hit me which is florida to be happy.

As long as it only affects your house I say heres to a Cat 5.
0 likes   

weatherwoman
Category 1
Category 1

#5 Postby weatherwoman » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:53 am

fish are boring and we all know that or we wouldnt be here. its the excitment of the storm that makes us all gather here. just some of us will admit wanting a cane and others wont. i say bring it on
0 likes   

Chris_in_Tampa
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby Chris_in_Tampa » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:34 am

A question....for moderators....

Are

weatherwoman wrote:bring it on

posts really necessary?

I don't know what kind of rules there are here, otherwise I would report the post. Shouldn't posts have some sort of useful content? Or at least be moved to a place like the off topic forum?
0 likes   

jrod
Military Member
Military Member

#7 Postby jrod » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:45 am

Even a depression can do harm, when Gordon came through my area in '94(the first time) as a depression it spawned a tornado that killed some people in my county. No one wants to see a monster storm reap havoc. Since we have no control over what happens, I do not mind a direct hit because I at least know I am prepared.
0 likes   

GalvestonDuck
Category 5
Category 5
Location: Galveston, oh Galveston (And yeah, it's a barrier island. Wanna make something of it?)

#8 Postby GalvestonDuck » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:52 am

weatherwoman wrote:fish are boring and we all know that or we wouldnt be here. its the excitment of the storm that makes us all gather here. just some of us will admit wanting a cane and others wont. i say bring it on

(Ugh...enough to bring me out of retirement from this place.)

Fish are NOT boring! Would you like to explain to me why fish are boring in your opinion?

In my opinion, landfalling canes can be boring. It's boring as hell to be sitting in a stupid evacuation traffic jam for 17 hours, no thanks in part to a land-bound hurricane.

Storms over land don't do anything after they're done causing damage, stress, and death. Storms over water are FUN! You get to watch them and track them and try to figure out what surrounding influences will do to them and where they will cause them to go next.

I don't know why everyone else is here, but for me, it used to be to learn about what makes them and what drives them, not about wanting them. Never did want one and I still don't.

Then again, I'm not really here....
0 likes   

lrak
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#9 Postby lrak » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:02 pm

Chris_in_Tampa wrote:A question....for moderators....

Are

weatherwoman wrote:bring it on

posts really necessary?

I don't know what kind of rules there are here, otherwise I would report the post. Shouldn't posts have some sort of useful content? Or at least be moved to a place like the off topic forum?

OMG :lol:
0 likes   

ktulu909
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#10 Postby ktulu909 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:20 pm

Rebuilding my house from Katrina over the last 2 years (which Im still not even done)
is boring.
0 likes   

Tampa Bay Hurricane
Category 5
Category 5

#11 Postby Tampa Bay Hurricane » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:55 pm

I don't want landfalling systems. I love
watching fish storms that stay away from
land, but anything that hits land is bad.
0 likes   

CrazyC83
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#12 Postby CrazyC83 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:03 pm

The aftermath of hurricanes are 100x worse than the hurricane itself I believe.
0 likes   

weatherwoman
Category 1
Category 1

#13 Postby weatherwoman » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:13 pm

excuse me no i dont want a hurricane i hate them thats why im here making sure we dont get one. im glad chantal is moving on out, but i want to keep an eye on whats to come for the rest of the season.
0 likes   

Regit
Category 5
Category 5

#14 Postby Regit » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:46 pm

I will remind people that no matter how many people wish a hurricane their way, it will have no effect at all on the track of a potential storm. There's no need to have a big fight about it.
0 likes   

weatherwoman
Category 1
Category 1

#15 Postby weatherwoman » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:26 pm

i agree i was just saying i like storms and someone had to get all upset i do not get upset when someone says they dont like them. There is no reason for anyone to get upset about liking or no liking one and wishing for one to come in or wishing it to stay out. i dont want anyone hurt or homes lost or so on but i do like the thrill of the storm tracking shopping getting ready for it i go to the beach and talk to the all the news people reporting the news and weather. i met jim cantori there once, its fasanting to me i love hurricane season. but anyone who dont that is fine with me. i dont wish you any harm or myself. i dont control i like to respect it and learn all i can about hurricanes so people dont get so upset over what someone else likes or dislikes. you like one type of music i like another so what. we are all here or the same reason there is a interest wether you admit it or not
0 likes   

decgirl66
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#16 Postby decgirl66 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:37 pm

OK, I want a storm to come close enough to scare us and close my work for a day, but not actually cause any damage, like Floyd in 1999. Well, maybe it caused some damage....but I don't think it was devestating....I also like the adrenaline rush of getting ready, shopping, tracking...but don't wish a big one on anyone....sucked to be without power after Charley.
0 likes   

TreasureIslandFLGal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Clearwater, Florida ~3 miles from the coast now. We finally moved safely off the barrier island!

#17 Postby TreasureIslandFLGal » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:10 pm

decgirl66 wrote:OK, I want a storm to come close enough to scare us and close my work for a day, but not actually cause any damage, like Floyd in 1999. Well, maybe it caused some damage....but I don't think it was devestating....I also like the adrenaline rush of getting ready, shopping, tracking...but don't wish a big one on anyone....sucked to be without power after Charley.

I lived in N.C. during Floyd and drove dump trucks locally at that time. It wasn't so bad hauling in stone to replace that which had washed away from the railroad lines but, when we had to haul away pig carcasses from farms that had been devastated by the flooding well, that was NO FUN AT ALL!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

-Nikki 8-)
0 likes   

decgirl66
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#18 Postby decgirl66 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:00 pm

ewwww, pigs! well, i like them when they are little..they are so cute!! i live in flordia as well, i tend to forget that floyd traveled up the coast....so it didn't do much damage in my area...
0 likes   

TreasureIslandFLGal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Clearwater, Florida ~3 miles from the coast now. We finally moved safely off the barrier island!

#19 Postby TreasureIslandFLGal » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:07 pm

Yeah, that was a pretty disgusting task to be assigned to and now that I'm no longer driving trucks, I won't have to do that again!!! HOPE HOPE PRAY PRAY!!

I live in Florida now, as well, and if anything comes through here, it's likely that pig carcasses would be the least of my worries!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 likes   

Regit
Category 5
Category 5

#20 Postby Regit » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:20 pm

I can sense someone from NC is about to get VERY offended here.

Just a little note: Floyd was one of the most devastating hurricanes in US history. It killed 57 people and did $4.5 billion in damage.

NC got a nice little breeze and some good rain from Charley. I don't think anyone would like an NC resident saying they hope for another Charley since it was fun in NC.
0 likes   

Return to “2007”