Invest 92L,West Atlantic

Moderator: S2k Moderators

MGC
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Invest 92L,West Atlantic-Discussions-Analysis and Imagery

#481 Postby MGC » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:25 pm

There is the possiblility 92L will poof. There is also the possibility that 92L could become a hurricane down the road and hit land. ATT it is just a waiting and watching game. I'd say that 92L has a decent shot at becoming a TD in the next few days. The low level stearing flow will carry it towards the Bahamas and possibly Florida. We shall see.....MGC
0 likes   

windstorm99
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#482 Postby windstorm99 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:26 pm

Updated models....

0 likes   

Zardoz
Category 1
Category 1

#483 Postby Zardoz » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:27 pm

Granted, anything can happen with this system, but you have to admit that at the moment it appears to be disintegrating:

GOES East AVN
0 likes   

Blown Away
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#484 Postby Blown Away » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:29 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the end run of those models is Tuesday evening of next week? Wasn't 92L supposed to be near over Florida within 6 days? Confused?
0 likes   

windstorm99
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#485 Postby windstorm99 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:30 pm

Blown_away wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but the end run of those models is Tuesday evening of next week? Wasn't 92L supposed to be near over Florida within 6 days? Confused?

If this is the case which it does not like it it may never make it to florida as a trof early next week might probably catch it.
Last edited by windstorm99 on Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

wzrgirl1
Category 5
Category 5

#486 Postby wzrgirl1 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:34 pm

hopefully a trough does catch it because if it's out there that long that it could really intensify
0 likes   

jrod
Military Member
Military Member

#487 Postby jrod » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:34 pm

Zardoz wrote:Granted, anything can happen with this system, but you have to admit that at the moment it appears to be disintegrating:

GOES East AVN

It may just be the diurnal minimum the last few hours, if so it should refire overnight.

It looks pretty poor to me, no signs of anything trying to organize and probaly no pressure falls. The thing that caught my eye is the strong winds picked up by quikscat. If this area is still around in 48 hours then I think a storm will happen.
0 likes   

vaffie
Category 3
Category 3

#488 Postby vaffie » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:36 pm

It's definitely very disorganized-looking right now. But there's an incredible amount of moisture out there, upper level conditions are improving, it has a disorganized low pressure somewhere in there and so it has a good chance of developing. Tonight might be the night for it to develop.
0 likes   

wzrgirl1
Category 5
Category 5

#489 Postby wzrgirl1 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:38 pm

yep don't think this will amount to much of anything personally
0 likes   

HURAKAN
Professional-Met
Professional-Met

#490 Postby HURAKAN » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:43 pm

Computer models aren't good at all with a diffused area of showers and thunderstorms. Lets wait for the system to organize, develop an area of LP, and then start calling for a possible landfall point.

I agree that a westward to WNW motion is the most likely option, but before you have anything, don't start arguing where it will make landfall.
0 likes   

Blown Away
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#491 Postby Blown Away » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:44 pm

NWS Melbourne:
FRI-SUN...FCST WILL DEPEND ON FUTURE TRACK/DEVELOPMENT OF THE
DISORGANIZED T-WAVE BTWN 50W-60W. ATTM...MID-RANGE HPC/NHC
COORDINATED FCST BRINGS A SPOT LOW ACROSS THE CENTRAL FL PENINSULA
FRI-SAT. GIVEN THE UNCERTAINTIES IN BOTH TRACK AND DEVELOPMENT...
WILL NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO THE FCST THRU THIS TIME FRAME.

Ok what's wrong with this picture. Models are near 27N/75W next Tuesday evening (8+ days) and the low is still 300 miles East of Florida and the NWS talks about this wave moving through Central Fl Fri-Sat (6 Days).
0 likes   

PTPatrick
Category 5
Category 5

#492 Postby PTPatrick » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:45 pm

Pro mets...

I am not saything this will happen...just a valid synoptic question. There is a chance that 92 L would move across South FL on a WSW trajectory of some sort. This gives me the heebie jeebies considering the family of storms that have had...in the vacinity of the bahamas and S FL... moved with at least some component of WSW movement. Andrew, Katrina, Betsy, and Labor day 1935...quite the family, but I digress. Is there something about a high building in that creates a more than favorable situation for devopment as all the storms have done?

add 1947 Ft. Lauderdale storm to the WSW moving list...
Last edited by PTPatrick on Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#493 Postby Brent » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:55 pm

PTPatrick wrote:Pro mets...

I am not saything this will happen...just a valid synoptic question. There is a chance that 92 L would move across South FL on a WSW trajectory of some sort. This gives me the heebie jeebies considering the family of storms that have had...in the vacinity of the bahamas and S FL... moved with at least some component of WSW movement. Andrew, Katrina, Betsy, and Labor day 1935...quite the family, but I digress. Is there something about a high building in that creates a more than favorable situation for devopment as all the storms have done?

I thought the exact same thing, don't like this setup AT ALL. People declared TD 10 dead as well and look what happened.

But I do agree, right now it looks horrible.
0 likes   

DESTRUCTION5
Category 5
Category 5

#494 Postby DESTRUCTION5 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:56 pm

Brent wrote:
PTPatrick wrote:Pro mets...

I thought the exact same thing, don't like this setup AT ALL. People declared TD 10 dead as well and look what happened.

I still see a nice pile up continuing tonight north of PR..Sher is killer ATM
0 likes   

Ptarmigan
Category 5
Category 5

#495 Postby Ptarmigan » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:58 pm

Brent wrote:

TD10 became TD12, which became Hurricane Katrina. :eek: :grr: :cry:
0 likes   

MusicCityMan
Category 1
Category 1

#496 Postby MusicCityMan » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:06 pm

You guys r going 2 think I'm nuts.. but BRING HIM ON! we're back in a little bit of a drought here. I haven't seen measurable rain in close to 2 weeks I believe..

We need the rain here in Central Fla.. bring him on.. even if he's a Ts or Cat 1.. Yes I have issues I know lol..
0 likes   

jrod
Military Member
Military Member

Re:

#497 Postby jrod » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:12 pm

MusicCityMan wrote:You guys r going 2 think I'm nuts.. but BRING HIM ON! we're back in a little bit of a drought here. I haven't seen measurable rain in close to 2 weeks I believe..

We need the rain here in Central Fla.. bring him on.. even if he's a Ts or Cat 1.. Yes I have issues I know lol..

Florida has been a desert lately. Our highs are forecasted in the upper 90s again this week. I surely will welcome any minor tropical cyclones here.
0 likes   

MusicCityMan
Category 1
Category 1

#498 Postby MusicCityMan » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:14 pm

Come on Felix.. Be like ur famous cat.. but not too strong plz.. A moderate to strong TS will suffice for me..
0 likes   

Rieyeuxs
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#499 Postby Rieyeuxs » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:17 pm

I'm actually suprised that the models shove it north so early on. The forecast for Alabama is that the ridge will build back up (great, 100's again and still no rain!) throughout the week, and then atart to break down over the weekend. If that's the case, wouldn't the building ridge keep it further south until that ridge breaks down? If that senario plays out, it's got plenty of time to develop as it moves towards the Gulf.

Heck, I'll wishcast here. I'd love to see a tropical storm/min hurricane come this way. Don't need any wind damage, but a 2 day rain event would save a heck of a lot of trees that are dying from thirst!
0 likes   

Brent
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#500 Postby Brent » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:18 pm

Rieyeuxs wrote:I'm actually suprised that the models shove it north so early on. The forecast for Alabama is that the ridge will build back up (great, 100's again and still no rain!) throughout the week, and then atart to break down over the weekend. If that's the case, wouldn't the building ridge keep it further south until that ridge breaks down? If that senario plays out, it's got plenty of time to develop as it moves towards the Gulf.

Heck, I'll wishcast here. I'd love to see a tropical storm/min hurricane come this way. Don't need any wind damage, but a 2 day rain event would save a heck of a lot of trees that are dying from thirst!

Yeah, we're a desert now. I've never seen a drought anywhere near this bad...
0 likes   

Return to “2007”