UPDATED: Desperately Asking for Helps and Prayers

Chat about anything and everything... (well almost anything) Whether it be the front porch or the pot belly stove or news of interest or a topic of your liking, this is the place to post it.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

wyq614
Category 3
Category 3
Location: Beijing, China (Hometown: Qingdao, China, 36.06N 120.43E)

UPDATED: Desperately Asking for Helps and Prayers

#1 Postby wyq614 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:59 am

Hi everyone, this is about the tragedic situation that one of my Cuban friend is facing, and he is desperately asking for help.

Ernesto Rubio Peña, resident of Havana, Cuba, separated with his wife years ago as she went to live with their 15-year-old daughter Melisa Rubio López in Miami, Florida.

Recently Melisa was missing from her way to school. She was supposed to get on a bus to go to classes, but she never did get on a bus nor did she go to school that day, and she never returned home, which alarmed the family. Her mom informed local police and are doing all that she can to look for their missing daughter, but there has been weeks without any trace of her.

Ernesto misses his daughter so much that these days he can't work, nor sleep well, he dreamed about his daughter everyday and has hallucination of hearing cellphone rings of calls that may contain some information about her. This situation has worsened his health condition as he's suffering from severe hipertension. As you may know, it's very hard for a Cuban to have Internet access to get informed, as personal Internet service is not allowed, and connection service in computer center can take him at least $5 per hour, nearly 10% of his monthly salary.

He is trying every possible way to find his daughter and I believe an aditional way may be helpful too. Considering that there are quite a few members living in Florida in this forum, I ask you please kindly, if you can, help Ernesto and his family, and inform us if you can find any trace of his daughter. If you can't do it, you can share your prayer and we would be very thankful for this too.
Last edited by wyq614 on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#2 Postby CajunMama » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:47 pm

How sad. I can't imagine what her parents are going through. I hope they find her soon.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: Desperately Asking for Helps and Prayers

#3 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:47 am

We're praying for a good resolution to this situation.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Desperately Asking for Helps and Prayers

#4 Postby angelwing » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:24 am

Prayers incoming!
0 likes   
Agnes 72, Gloria 85, Floyd 99, Irene 2011, TS Lee 2012, Sandy 2012

wyq614
Category 3
Category 3
Location: Beijing, China (Hometown: Qingdao, China, 36.06N 120.43E)

#5 Postby wyq614 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:58 pm

Update:

Melisa was found alive and well yesterday in the apartment of her boyfriend, also 15, whom according to Melisa, treated her very well.

According to what Ernesto was told, Melisa had a fierce quarrel the day before her missing, and she has never told her mom that she had such a boyfriend.

Melisa is now back home and has also phoned Ernesto, his father here in Cuba.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: UPDATED: Desperately Asking for Helps and Prayers

#6 Postby vbhoutex » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:00 pm

A great ending to something that could have been so bad. So happy to see this news.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

abajan
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby abajan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:22 pm

Really happy to hear that she's fine. Prayers answered. Just imagine the relief her parents must be feeling.

I can't speak for other countries but teenage girls vanishing, only to be found several days later at a boyfriend's home is a fairly common occurrence here in Barbados. It's a confusing stage in their lives and (in my unprofessional opinion) the last thing they need when they're found is a lecture. Just "be there" for them and know that it's a phase in their lives which will pass.
0 likes   

Return to “Off Topic”