To new home/condo owners, a suggestion.....

This is where our members can post about their hearth and home, whether it be Holiday traditions, recipes, gardening, virtually anything to do with hearth and home.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Miss Mary

To new home/condo owners, a suggestion.....

#1 Postby Miss Mary » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:57 pm

I wish someone had suggested this idea to me (a local Sears paint clerk gave me the idea).

For each room you paint, wallpaper, make or buy window treatments for, keep paint swatches, wallpaper order#/brand, sample, etc all organized. In a folder of some sort.

I didn't do this. I have random old cans of paint, which of course the front half of some cans covered in that paint, but the exact paint # is covered up. Oh lovely.

I just wish I had been better organized when we moved into our brand new house almost 20 years ago. Our walls were off white (cheap builder grade paint that comes in 5 gallon tubs). Room by room, I began personalizing our house.

Well, this idea came to me after reading all of our painting tips on the ceiling topic. Together, we're an awesome S2K/HGTV type redecorating team.....lots of good ideas on that thread.

If I ever build again, I will be organized from day one!
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: To new home/condo owners, a suggestion.....

#2 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:51 pm

If we have left over paint when we finish a room or have it painted the can with the lid and info goes in the closet. Usually it is just a little paint, but all the info is there.
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#3 Postby Miss Mary » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:18 am

David - smart idea!
0 likes   

DanKellFla
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby DanKellFla » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:48 pm

Sharpie!!!
0 likes   

Dionne
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: SW Mississippi....Alaska transplant via a Southern Belle.

Re: To new home/condo owners, a suggestion.....

#5 Postby Dionne » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:44 am

Good idea. Just one problem. You cannot match age. If you get a problem area on a wall don't expect to paint a small area and have it match. You need to paint the entire wall. When repairing walls we always paint from corner to corner....minimum. But it is nice meeting clients that know exactly what color they have.......rather than going through a computer paint matching program.
0 likes   

Return to “Hearth and Home”