New Summer Grilling ideas/recipes?

This is where our members can post about their hearth and home, whether it be Holiday traditions, recipes, gardening, virtually anything to do with hearth and home.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Miss Mary

New Summer Grilling ideas/recipes?

#1 Postby Miss Mary » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:40 am

Hey all, since we're in the throes of Summer and grilling season, does anyone have a new recipe or grilling idea they've tried recently? If so, feel free to use this topic.

We tried the foil bundles (French Provencal type cooking). They turned out as well as the ones I've made in our oven during colder months (thinly sliced vegetables, tossed with herbs, olive oil and white wine, topped with a piece of white fish and tightly closed in a rectangle piece of heavy duty foil, baked for 12 minutes at 500 degrees).

We know how to grill the usual - tenderloins, steaks, burgers, mett/brats/hotdogs, fish - I'm more interested in sides - vegetables, etc. Even grilled fresh fruit? We tried large slices of fresh pineapple recently, brushed with teriyaki sauce.
0 likes   

dizzyfish
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: New Summer Grilling ideas/recipes?

#2 Postby dizzyfish » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:13 pm

Grilled Portabella mushrooms are always a hit at my house. Use the large ones.

Brush tops of mushrooms with olive oil. (they are grilled tops down)
Grill on med-low for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with either olive oil/balsamic mixture or Italian dressing. Top with provolone or mozzarella cheese and grill until the cheese is melted.

I have also grilled yellow squash and zucchini. Cut in half, coat with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Easy but yummy.

I like kabobs but they are a real pain with veggies. They have a tendency to spin on the skewer.
0 likes   

cag1953
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: New Summer Grilling ideas/recipes?

#3 Postby cag1953 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:33 pm

Oooh,I love grilled pineapple. I was watching a cooking show one day and the lady grilled fresh peaches,red and black plums and nectarines. I haven't tried it yet, but it sure looked good! Grilled asparagus is also supposed to be good.
0 likes   

Return to “Hearth and Home”