Favorite Holidays Recipes

This is where our members can post about their hearth and home, whether it be Holiday traditions, recipes, gardening, virtually anything to do with hearth and home.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Miss Mary

Re:

#21 Postby Miss Mary » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:11 pm

CajunMama wrote:I've searched for the artichoke cheesecake recipe and couldn't find it. Would you share it with us mary? pretty please!

No problem - check your PM's!
0 likes   

Miss Mary

Re: Favorite Holidays Recipes

#22 Postby Miss Mary » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:12 am

I hosted a small family gathering last night for my family (8 all total). We had honey baked ham, a mashed sweet potato recipe from Food Network (I'll try to find it again....) and fresh green beans. I tried a suggestion at the bottom of a recipe on the Food Network. Just a random "tip" from the pros there.

Vegetable or Pasta Butter Spread

1/2 cup butter or magarine (1 stick), softened
1 package dry Good Seasons Salad Dressing

Mix the two, using a mixer. Once blended, chill. 1 Tablespoon goes a long way, add to cooked vegetables and/or pasta - to taste. The seasoning adds a unique, light touch!
0 likes   

Pburgh
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#23 Postby Pburgh » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:41 am

I made a baked brie that went over well.
1 round of brie (remove rind)
1/2 cup of any jam (I used strawberry)
1 sheet of puff pastry dough (buy in the frozen food section of your grocery store)

Remove rind from brie. Cover top of brie with jam. Place pastry sheet over and around the brie and tuck corners and edges under the brie. Beat one egg yoke and brush onto pastry. Bake at 375° till golden brown. Serve with your favorite crackers.
0 likes   

Miss Mary

Re:

#24 Postby Miss Mary » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:53 am

Pburgh wrote:I made a baked brie that went over well.
1 sheet of puff pastry dough (buy in the frozen food section of your grocery store)

Remove rind from brie. Cover top of brie with jam. Place pastry sheet over and around the brie and tuck corners and edges under the brie. Beat one egg yoke and brush onto pastry. Bake at 375° till golden brown. Serve with your favorite crackers.

That sounds delicious! And so easy. Thanks Karan. I made a baked bree for a grad party we hosted last year but didn't use the pastry dough. That would have made it much easier. I'll remember this.
0 likes   

Pburgh
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#25 Postby Pburgh » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:19 am

The neat thing about this recipe is that people think you worked your butt off making it. LOL
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#26 Postby Miss Mary » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:20 am

I'll remember that!
0 likes   

Pburgh
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#27 Postby Pburgh » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:24 am

Oh, I forgot. With the puff pastry you can also roll it out a little, spread it with breakfast or hot sausage (uncooked) and roll it up like a jelly roll. Cut the roll into slices about 1/2 inch thick. Place the slices on a baking pan as you would cookies and bake at 375° till golden brown. These are great little snacks.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re: Re:

#28 Postby vbhoutex » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:58 am

Miss Mary wrote:
Pburgh wrote:I made a baked brie that went over well.

That sounds delicious! And so easy. Thanks Karan. I made a baked bree for a grad party we hosted last year but didn't use the pastry dough. That would have made it much easier. I'll remember this.

We had the baked brie at a NYD family gathering yesterday. However, it was done with croissant wedges for the pastry as opposed to the puff pastry and the rind was left on(I think) and there was not jelly used. It was to die for!!!!! My 26 yr. old almost had to be physically move from its' presence or he would have eaten the whole thing on his own!!! :eek: We won't talk about his daddy kicking and screaming as he was pulled away! :oops: :oops:
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#29 Postby Miss Mary » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:28 pm

Well then David, it is your duty now to get us the recipe!

LOL

That sounds sooooo good.

We'll be waiting!
0 likes   

Return to “Hearth and Home”