Cooking frustrations!

This is where our members can post about their hearth and home, whether it be Holiday traditions, recipes, gardening, virtually anything to do with hearth and home.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Miss Mary

Cooking frustrations!

#1 Postby Miss Mary » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:09 am

Here's one!!!!

Someone needs to make a really good quality plastic wrap!

I've used Reynolds Plastic Wrap for a few years now. When they went to the slider cutter on the box, that was their best feature. I work in a school cafeteria and we have industrial sized products, we have the slider/cutter on our large plastic wrap boxes. One of the first things I was told was to NEVER throw away that cutter! It does make cutting a piece of plastic a snap. It never tangles either as you're trying to tear off a new piece.

So when Reynolds Plastic Wrap went to the tear off again, I said okay, I'll still buy your product. But I miss your slider. Maybe I should have kept my old one......but each new box came with a new cutter.

Until they stopped selling them and went back to the cutter on the edge of the lid.

Dec. 2008 - I can no longer locate Reynolds Plastic Wrap. I'm guessing either Krogers no longer carries this product or they've stopped making plastic wrap all together?

Now I am using a generic brand that has the cutter on the bottom of the box. It's so frustrating trying to get a nice big piece of plastic to cover a leftover or a plate of cookies.

I've just never been the foil type so I really miss a good quality plastic wrap!

I guess my main frustration is this - they never seem to leave products like plastic wrap alone. They keep tweaking the product!

Anyone agree with me?

Feel free to post your own frustrations too....one of my other ones are expiration dates. They should in theory in in the same place if possible on products. Have you ever tried to read the exp. date on the top of a blue cap, for example mayo or Miracle Whip? You have to angle the cap in such a way and under a lamp with good light, to see the actual date! So frustrating.....
0 likes   

Miss Mary

Re: Cooking frustrations!

#2 Postby Miss Mary » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:11 pm

No takers huh?

We must be a very satisfied group of chefs, bakers, etc. LOL!

Nothing annoys any of you? he he

Anyway, I found my favorite plastic wrap - Reynolds - at Target! I felt like buying 3 but I didn't. I don't know why Krogers no longer carries it. I've just always bought the clear Reynolds plastic wrap but I know many relatives that like the colored wrap. Reynolds just seems to know what they are doing because IMHO Saran is lousy, generic plastic wrap - the same.

So I'm back to being a calm baker.....he he
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#3 Postby CajunMama » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:20 pm

I use glad press & seal. Regular plastic wrap never worked for me. It would either get all stuck together as i tore it off, bunched up or it wouldn't stick to what i was covering.
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Cooking frustrations!

#4 Postby angelwing » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:44 pm

Plactic wrap and I do not get alone at all, it doesn't matter if there is a slider, a cutter, anything, I end up wrapping my hand, head, table...anything but the food!
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#5 Postby Miss Mary » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:08 am

I love my plastic wrap! But you have to keep your hand away from the cutter, it's sharp. I can't believe I found my favorite plastic wrap. Why Krogers no longer carries it, I don't know......I do wish they offered the slide cutter, that was the very best option. Maybe I'll send Reynold's an email. Couldn't hurt......
0 likes   

Return to “Hearth and Home”