Christmas recipe exchange

This is where our members can post about their hearth and home, whether it be Holiday traditions, recipes, gardening, virtually anything to do with hearth and home.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#41 Postby CajunMama » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:21 pm

*note to self. Don't forget to add the brown sugar when making dennis' caramel popcorn!!!!!!!
Last edited by CajunMama on Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

JonathanBelles
Professional-Met
Professional-Met
Location: School: Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL) Home: St. Petersburg, Florida

#42 Postby JonathanBelles » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:23 pm

i made a batch of cookies without brown sugar and they tasted like tar.
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#43 Postby Miss Mary » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:37 pm

CM - you forgot the brown sugar? Oh my....I'm sure that popcorn batch did not turn out well. Well, don't give up. Try again. I make caramel popcorn from a very similar recipe also. I have made it so much that by now I know which items to keep on hand and I almost, almost have it memorized. I will warn you though, once you make it, you will be asked to make it over and over again. And each time, your family will hunt for it, all over the house b/c if you're like me you usually make it for guests or friends/neighbors. I have to hide it and give my family some of it, but not all. Tonight hubby could have sworn I had some stashed away, somewhere in this house. I had trouble keeping a straight face b/c I honestly did not have one popped kernel to give him but it was a funny moment.

My brother said selling my caramel popcorn should have been my part time job. Trouble is I declare - everyone wants it! I'd have to hurry and turn this kitchen into a factory when everyone is gone.

You never tire of it - it's so good. Dennis - how many batches have you made this xmas? I've lost count.....LOL

M.
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#44 Postby CajunMama » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:41 pm

i've made it before. I just don't know what i was thinking. I popped a kernal into my mouth and it just didn't tast right. I still had this window open and i looked at the recipe again and BROWN SUGAR just jumped off the page at me. I really do feel like quite the idiot. :oops:
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#45 Postby Miss Mary » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:55 pm

I forgot an egg recently when making corn bread from a mix. What a mess! The muffins wouldn't even hold their shape. And you can't go back and add the egg, after it's baked for 15 minutes. It all went promptly in the garbage and I couldn't believe I forgot to add the egg! I hate when I bake or cook like this. I blame it on too much going on right before dinner.....lol
0 likes   

Return to “Hearth and Home”