Chili Casserole Recipe

This is where our members can post about their hearth and home, whether it be Holiday traditions, recipes, gardening, virtually anything to do with hearth and home.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

DoctorHurricane2003

Chili Casserole Recipe

#1 Postby DoctorHurricane2003 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:59 pm

This is something I made yesterday that turned out REALLY GOOD. I just put a bunch of ingredients I had lying around the house and it turned out fantastic!

Ingredients

1 Bag of Tostitos Chips (you don't need all of it though)
1 Jar of Arriba Roasted Chipotle Salsa-Medium (any salsa will do, but this one went really well with the chili)
1-2 Jars of Bush's Homestyle Chili-No Beans (I used one, but the second layer was a little thin)
1/2 cup of chopped onion (I used frozen but fresh works too)
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
Vegetable Oil
1 Pack Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 Diced Tomato
1 Small Package of Daisy Sour Cream (Optional)

First heat the oil in a small pan and sautee the onions and garlic for about 5-8 minutes until onion is light brown and preheat oven to 300. While they are being sauteed, get a medium-sized casserole dish and line the bottom with crushed chips, then cover the chips in a layer of the chili. Then take the onion and garlic and make a layer of that over the chili. On top of that, make a layer of shredded cheese, and on top of that, a layer of diced tomato (do not use a lot of tomato though, just a few pieces). Then make another layer of chili and another layer of crushed chips. Then make another layer of shredded cheese and put the salsa on top of that. Take your spoon and spread it around until the cheese and salsa make one layer. Bake it in the oven for 20 minutes, then change the temperature to 350 and bake it for another 15-20 minutes. Once served, you may add sour cream to taste.

Very tasty! ;)
0 likes   

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby breeze » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:33 pm

Whoah, DocHurricane - that sounds goooooood!! :D

Thanks for posting that! LOL, summer is coming on, and,
my pals and I like to get together and munch out and play
cards, get in the pool, hottub, yadda-yadda, whatever, and,
I am always lookin' for a good munchie recipefor the gang!
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#3 Postby CajunMama » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:02 pm

*sigh* I guess this won't work for the Southbeach Diet I'm going to attempt starting tomorrow :eek:
0 likes   

Return to “Hearth and Home”