Dessert Recipes

This is where our members can post about their hearth and home, whether it be Holiday traditions, recipes, gardening, virtually anything to do with hearth and home.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Dessert Recipes

#1 Postby CajunMama » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:39 pm

I can't locate the old recipe file yet but i just had to share this dessert i made tonight...not for those watching calories!

Sopaipilla Cheesecake

3-8oz pkgs cream cheese
2 cans Pillsbury crescent rolls
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick butter
cinnamon (recipe didn't say how much)

Line bottomof 9x13 pan with 1 can of crescent rolls. Press seams together. Mix the cream cheese with 1 1/2 cups of sugar and vanilla. Spread on top of crescent rolls. Cover with 2nd can of crescent rolls. Melt butter and mix with 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon. Pour over top. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
0 likes   

Shelby6977
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

Re: Dessert Recipes

#2 Postby Shelby6977 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:27 pm

Wow, that sounds REALLY good, thanks for sharing. I am going to have to print this one out and save it. :hoola:
0 likes   

x-y-no
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby x-y-no » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:31 pm

Huh ... never occurred to me to use Pillsbury crescent rolls as pie crust. I'll have to try that. :-)
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#4 Postby Miss Mary » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:58 am

Here's a dessert recipe my daughter received in Nutrition class. She's made it twice now and each time it's a big hit with family!

http://recipes-for-you.blogspot.com/200 ... -bars.html

Light And Spicy Pumpkin Bars

Bars
1 cup Pillsbury’s Best All Purpose or Unbleached Flour
1 cup Pillsbury’s Best Whole Wheat Flour
1 ½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cloves
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup oil
½ cup apple juice
1 (16-oz.) can (2 cups) pumpkin
2 eggs

Frosting
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons margarine, softened
½ teaspoon vanilla
2 to 3 tablespoons plain yogurt

Heat oven to 350º F. Grease and flour 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, beat all bar ingredients at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Spread in greased and floured pan.

Bake at 350º F for 20 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.

In medium bowl, combine all frosting ingredients, adding enough yogurt for desired spreading consistency; beat until smooth. Frost cooled bars; sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired. Refrigerate to set frosting; cut into bars. 48 bars.
0 likes   

lurkey
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby lurkey » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:39 pm

Miss Mary wrote:Light And Spicy Pumpkin Bars

Thank you for the recipe. . . They turned out great!!! I've included them in the neighborhood gift goodie baskets this year. :)
0 likes   

breeze
Category 5
Category 5

#6 Postby breeze » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:34 pm

Here's one for the times that one might want something sweet, but the pantry items
might be limited. But, watch out! Too many of these can end up on the hips due to the
use of REAL butter! :lol:

Scottish Shortbread

2 cups REAL butter
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 325°F. Cream butter and brown sugar. Add 3 - 3/4 cups flour and mix well.
Sprinkle the board with the remaining flour. Knead for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to form
a soft dough ball. Roll out into a square of 1/2" thickness. Cut dough into 1" x 3" strips. Prick
with a fork and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325°F for 20-25 minutes.

~Annette~
0 likes   

Return to “Hearth and Home”