Best hand lotion I've ever tried.....bar none!

This is where our members can post about their hearth and home, whether it be Holiday traditions, recipes, gardening, virtually anything to do with hearth and home.

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Miss Mary

Best hand lotion I've ever tried.....bar none!

#1 Postby Miss Mary » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:18 am

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.asp?p ... delivery=1

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.asp?p ... delivery=1

No, I am not an Avon Rep nor do I know one. I was given this hand cream in a small holiday gift size from a coworker this year, we all were. At the time, I just put the gift bag aside and thought, oh how nice, another tube of hand cream for my purse. Ha! I suffer from extremely dry hands each winter, to the point where my hands crack and bleed. Without even getting a cut. So it's a real struggle to keep them even remotely normal looking. I work in a school cafeteria now so they're even worse, we wash our hands at least a dozen times a day with very harsh anti bacterial liquid soap.

I've put a thick layer of this hand lotion on at bedtime (and a few times through out the day) and my hands look like they belong to someone else! I had 5 or so very stubborn deep cuts that would not heal, even with bandaids. They're healed! I can even bend my fingers again!

I've ordered 4 tubes of this lotion, to be delivered to my home. No sales rep needed.

I hardly ever suggest products to others but this hand lotion, I just have to share about. I've tried so many, for decades and until now I thought the best one out there was Aveeno Intensive Hand Lotion (a very good product though) but this Avon one even beats Aveeno!

Try it, you won't regret it.

Mary

PS - Mods, I hope it was okay to post this info. If not, please delete this thread. I won't mind a bit.
0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#2 Postby CajunMama » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:19 pm

I'll have to order some for my husband. He's got very dry hands. So dry that like yours Mary, they crack and bleed and he hasn't really found a lotion that works. Thanks for the tip!
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#3 Postby Miss Mary » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:35 am

You're welcome! I can't believe this lotion has been available and I didn't know about it! It's very thick, so when he puts it on he won't want to talk on the phone or use a TV remote, for a few examples. But it does dissolve and later when you wash your hands, it doesn't wash off. It's incredible! I can't wait for my shipment to arrive since my daughter is using this small tube of lotion too and it's running low now!

I hope it helps your husband as much as it did me.

Mary
0 likes   

arkess7
Category 5
Category 5

Re: Best hand lotion I've ever tried.....bar none!

#4 Postby arkess7 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:22 pm

My mother in law is a avonaholic! She used to buy me this hand cream that was cocoa butter based and i loved it and used it for years......but wow ill have to try that new stuff!

My hands are so horrible in the winter too! Gona go put on some lotion now and on my feeties too! :)
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#5 Postby Miss Mary » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:02 am

As a general rule, I no longer purchase items that I can't find in stores. In other words, no more Tupperware for me (went to Rubbermaid years ago) and I haven't even bought anything Avon related since probably the 70s! Now I know some area Malls carry Tupperware products but Rubbermaid suffices and does the job. Yes I still have many old Harvest Gold color Tupperware products (measuring cups, 1 lone drinking cup that used to be part of a set, an old pitcher or two) but for the most part, I grew tired of products that you had to buy from a rep or attend a home party to purchase them.

So I've probably missed this whole Avon line - I have heard Skin So Soft was good lotion but truthfully, I was always skeptical!

I'll just stick to this one hand cream though. And I'm so glad you can just order online. Once I have several tubes on hand I'll use it on my feet too - right now, I'm saving my last little bit for my hands and only at bedtime. Sure hope my order gets here soon!
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#6 Postby Miss Mary » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:48 am

My shipment hasn't arrived yet and already my hands are a mess. I've have about 2 dollops left of this incredible hand cream......

I thanked my coworker and she herself hadn't even tried it! I told a few other employees, same with them.

Could it be that many re-gift? LOL

I know I've done that.....I'm so glad I didn't give this gift bag away - the felt bag matched the penguin on the tube and a tube of chapstick came with it.

I'm running a register again and I need bandaid free hands......sure hope this stuff arrives today!

Funny how a few of my coworkers seemed to forget they even received this gift bag.....as if I was imagining it....he he

Oh the Holiday gifts you receive - it's all too much I guess....I know I've been known to stash a bag or box away and find it in July, thinking, oh yeah that was from so and so. I forgot I even had that!
0 likes   

Tstormwatcher
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#7 Postby Tstormwatcher » Sun May 18, 2008 3:17 pm

I use this lotion that we get at work. Works great. It's called North 212. I have found that I am allergic to certain lotions so I have to be careful.
0 likes   

angelwing
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#8 Postby angelwing » Sun May 18, 2008 4:39 pm

Just tried the link, nothing comes up so I have no clue what kind of lotion you're talking about:(
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#9 Postby mf_dolphin » Mon May 19, 2008 9:29 pm

I've used this for years and it definitely works for me. On top of everything else it's cheap :-)

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp16837_33318 ... lotion.htm
0 likes   

Miss Mary

#10 Postby Miss Mary » Tue May 20, 2008 7:03 am

mf_dolphin wrote:I've used this for years and it definitely works for me. On top of everything else it's cheap :-)

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp16837_33318 ... lotion.htm

I've tried Corn Huskers Marshall but it's extremely messy. Best only used before bedtime! I couldn't use it right before using the computer or watching TV - hubby wouldn't let me within 10 feet of the remote!

We had our fingerprints taken at work a few months ago (work for a school district). It was a district wide test, over 7000 employees. Anyway, they had this hand lotion near the testing station. Apparently it worked the best on this computer fingerprint keypad! We slathered it and they began rolling our finger tips. LOL! Thought that was odd but they said it was the best product so they could get accurate readings. Hey, whatever worked!

So if you are ever arrested, don't wear this hand lotion! he he
0 likes   

Return to “Hearth and Home”