ATL: Tropical Depression Edouard

Moderator: S2k Moderators

KatDaddy
Category 5
Category 5

#3181 Postby KatDaddy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:39 pm

Crash and burn on the way. Edouard was a perfect TS. Not much wind and well needed rain.
0 likes   

Ed Mahmoud

Re:

#3182 Postby Ed Mahmoud » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:53 pm

KatDaddy wrote:Crash and burn on the way. Edouard was a perfect TS. Not much wind and well needed rain.

Exactly what I w!shcasted for. Perfect.
0 likes   

mpic
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: ATL: Tropical Depression Edouard

#3183 Postby mpic » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:54 pm

2 1/2" of rain in my gage and a few limbs down in Dickinson, but like everyone says, it was just another thunderstorm.
0 likes   

soney
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3184 Postby soney » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:57 pm

Report from 30 miles south of San Antonio. Much thunderbooming, darkening of the skies, and wind blowing. The temp has dropped 5 degrees from 100 to 95 (yay!). We are hoping for rain (and just rain).

ETA: Okay, winds are in the 20's with gusts of 36 so far. Dust storm blowing up. Temp has now dropped to 80 degrees (wow!).
Last edited by soney on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 likes   

Ed Mahmoud

#3185 Postby Ed Mahmoud » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:59 pm

Per JB, using his 1954 season analog, now that Texas has had its two early season events, the meat and potatoes of the season, the two months starting August 15th, will be Florida, the Carolinas, and maybe a shot at New England.
0 likes   

wxman22
Category 3
Category 3

#3186 Postby wxman22 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:01 pm

This seemed to be a minimal tropical storm/depression not an 65mph Tropical Storm,the winds just never transferred to the surface once the storm got inland...
0 likes   

Kludge
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Re: Re:

#3187 Postby Kludge » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:02 pm

Ed Mahmoud wrote:
KatDaddy wrote:Crash and burn on the way. Edouard was a perfect TS. Not much wind and well needed rain.

Exactly what I w!shcasted for. Perfect.

Yep. 1.75" so far here in CXO. It's a good thing, too, 'cuz here we go again:

From 15:30 NWS Houston discussion:

SHOULD STILL BE PLENTY OF RESIDUAL MOISTURE TO WORK WITH ON WED
TO KEEP HIGHER END CHC POPS IN PLACE. GRADUAL DRYING/WARMING TREND
THEN ENSUES FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE 7 DAY FCST AS H5 RIDGE OFF TO
THE WEST BUILDS BACK IN AND SFC HIGH EDGES BACK IN FROM THE ERN
GULF.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/productview.php?pil=HGXAFDHGX

Dang ridge. :roll:
0 likes   

Extremeweatherguy
Category 5
Category 5

#3188 Postby Extremeweatherguy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:11 pm

wxman22 wrote:This seemed to be a minimal tropical storm/depression not an 65mph
Tropical Storm,the winds just never transferred to the surface once the
storm got inland...
I disagree. If you would have been right at High Island like I was, then you definitely would have agreed that this was more than just a TD or weak TS. Those winds out there were whipping around pretty good early this morning!
0 likes   

Johnny
Category 5
Category 5

#3189 Postby Johnny » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:14 pm

Ed Mahmoud wrote:Per JB, using his 1954 season analog, now that Texas has had its two early season events, the meat and potatoes of the season, the two months starting August 15th, will be Florida, the Carolinas, and maybe a shot at New England.

Whatever...didn't he say after Dolly that Texas wouldn't get hit again because an analog in some other year? Now he's saying Texas is through because of his 1954 season analog? So what happens if Texas gets hits again this season? What analog year would he use then? Just curious.

I'm taking a break this Thursday and heading down to Galveston to stay in a beach house on the west end for a week. The surf fishing really turns on after tropical weather. All I know is I will be there to find out! I limited out 3 mornings in a row before Dolly churned up the water on the upper Texas coast.

0 likes   

'CaneFreak
Category 5
Category 5

#3190 Postby 'CaneFreak » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:18 pm

Johnny wrote:
Ed Mahmoud wrote:Per JB, using his 1954 season analog, now that Texas has had its two early season events, the meat and potatoes of the season, the two months starting August 15th, will be Florida, the Carolinas, and maybe a shot at New England.

Whatever...didn't he say after Dolly that Texas wouldn't get hit again because an analog in some other year? Now he's saying Texas is through because of his 1954 season analog? So what happens if Texas gets hits again this season? What analog year would he use then? Just curious.

I'm taking a break this Thursday and heading down to Galveston to stay in a beach house on the west end for a week. The surf fishing really turns on after tropical weather. All I know is I will be there to find out! I limited out 3 mornings in a row before Dolly churned up the water on the upper Texas coast.

Nice....what are those speckled trout?
0 likes   

Ed Mahmoud

#3191 Postby Ed Mahmoud » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:25 pm

You using shrimp?

I catch about 50% hardheads when I surf fish at Jamaica Beach.
0 likes   

jordanmills
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#3192 Postby jordanmills » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:38 pm

I've GOT to fish some of this surf.
0 likes   

wxman57
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#3193 Postby wxman57 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:42 pm

Edouard already appears to be a remnant low. Max winds around the center are about 15 kts now, if you can identify anything but a remnant trof at the surface. It's certainly not near the NHC's 21Z position of 30.2N/95.2W. There are west winds being reported well north of that point:

0 likes   

Ed Mahmoud

#3194 Postby Ed Mahmoud » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:43 pm

Raining again at the house, small droplets, almost like drizzle, on a West and Southwest wind, and the breeze has picked up.
0 likes   

raindrops68
Tropical Low
Tropical Low

#3195 Postby raindrops68 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:43 pm

Rain has eased up here at Lake Conroe and we have a wonderful temp of 74 degrees. This is perfect weather to watch some old movies and just snooze :D
0 likes   

Kludge
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

#3196 Postby Kludge » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:45 pm

Ed Mahmoud wrote:You using shrimp?

I catch about 50% hardheads when I surf fish at Jamaica Beach.

Have we drifted OT again???! Let's get back to this 980mb Abby-like storm!!! :lol: :lol:
0 likes   

Yankeegirl
Category 5
Category 5

#3197 Postby Yankeegirl » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:52 pm

Johnny wrote:

Is that a little shark on top?
0 likes   

Johnny
Category 5
Category 5

#3198 Postby Johnny » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:10 pm

That's actually a 27" blacktip shark. Well he was 27" till I whacked his tail off to bleed him out. :cheesy: Sharks are VERY good eating when prepared right. Steak them out, sprinkle with fresh lemon, cilantro, pepper and a little Tony's over a bed of mesquite coals. Yummmmmmy!

Yes, they are speckled trout and all caught on live shrimp. I'll be staying in Jamaica Beach this weekend Ed and I do catch my share of hard heads too. The secret is to fish a flat surf with GREENISH water. Us avid surf fishermen call it trout green water. I'm sure you know what I"m talking about. It usually moves in after a day or two of steady light southeast winds (keeping it weather related :wink: ) which helps the sand lay. Anything out of the west keeps the sand kicked up and the water sandy/dirty. When I went a few weeks back the water was trout green with not one hardhead caught. Over those 3 days, it was probably the best surf fishing I have ever had in my life. I've got two bags of fillets thawing out right now. :D It looks like I might get lucky and hit it right again.

Sorry to go off topic.
0 likes   

HouTXmetro
Category 5
Category 5

#3199 Postby HouTXmetro » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:16 pm

That was a quick disipation.
0 likes   

AnnularCane
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter