ATL GUSTAV: iCyclone chase images

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Stratosphere747
Category 5
Category 5

ATL GUSTAV: iCyclone chase images

#1 Postby Stratosphere747 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:55 am

Just wanted to pass along some images that I took on our chase of Gustav in Central Louisiana.

Houston travel to Lafayette -

From outside of Baytown and past Winnie traffic was essentially bumper to bumper. Started finally letting up near Beaumont and was very light all the way into Lafayette.

Lonely drive on the eastbound side of 10 -

0 likes   

Ed Mahmoud

Re: iCyclone chase : Hurricane Gustav images

#2 Postby Ed Mahmoud » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:04 pm

Did you take any pix in Louisiana?
0 likes   

Stratosphere747
Category 5
Category 5

Re: iCyclone chase : Hurricane Gustav images

#3 Postby Stratosphere747 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:09 pm

Ed Mahmoud wrote:Did you take any pix in Louisiana?

Sure did Ed. Just taking me a bit of time and trying to put them in order as the trip progressed. My image taking isn't the best nor is transferring them to a thread any better, so it might take me a few days.
0 likes   

Stratosphere747
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL Tropical Depression GUSTAV - iCyclone chase images

#4 Postby Stratosphere747 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:16 pm

A few pictures on our way back from Morgan City on Sunday after a 'scouting trip' on 90. Pictures don't quite give the colors the justice they deserve. It was a very visual baby blue blending into a bright white and then glowing reddish/pinkish which lit up the sky. Quite surreal after leaving Morgan City and what lay ahead the next day.

0 likes   

CajunMama
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

#5 Postby CajunMama » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:46 pm

Great pics strat. Hope you enjoyed your visit to south louisiana. Wish we could have cooked you a homemade cajun meal.
0 likes   

Stratosphere747
Category 5
Category 5

Re:

#6 Postby Stratosphere747 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:10 pm

CajunMama wrote:Great pics strat. Hope you enjoyed your visit to south louisiana. Wish we could have cooked you a homemade cajun meal.

Well I'd like to say "The next time I'm over there I'll take you up on that offer." Then again I'm sure would rather there not be a reason for me to make another trip to Lafayette in the near future. :)

I will say that all the folks we ran across were very hospitable and couldn't have been any nicer.

In Berwick we had based at a car dealership as the eyewall came through and a gentleman that had stayed behind to keep watch over the place kept offering us use of the restroom, drinks or just somewhere to come into and dry off.

While in Morgan city for the eye which was a good hour or so... We spent the time standing on top of the levee and as the locals came out to survey the damage, there were a few that came up top and engaged us in conversation. Sitting on top of the levee in Morgan City while in the eye of Gustav, talking about all the previous hurricanes that effected the town, including Hilda and Andrew made it that much more special of a experience.

Solid folks across the whole area! And boy a homemade Cajun meal would have topped it off! Breakfast bars and such just doesn't cut it.
0 likes   

Stratosphere747
Category 5
Category 5

Re: ATL Tropical Depression GUSTAV - iCyclone chase images

#7 Postby Stratosphere747 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:11 pm

On the drive down Monday morning while we were discussing the prospects of driving down to Morgan City and pulling over to switch drivers, we looked up to notice that we had just passed the 'outer edge' of the storm.

0 likes   

artist
Category 5
Category 5

#8 Postby artist » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:31 pm

can't wait to see more!
0 likes   

Return to “2008”