Location during signup

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

bvigal
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter

Location during signup

#1 Postby bvigal » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:58 am

Hi! Has there ever been any discussion about making 'location' a required field during signup? Maybe it's just me, but seems to be a lot of newbies with no indication of where they are. When reading posts, I often find myself wondering, but don't want to ask outright. I guess if someone didn't want to reveal their location, they could type in "the earth" or something. But it seems most aren't skipping for that reason, it just doesn't occur to them.

Getting old and further 'addled' by sleep deprivation during busy season, my memory isn't as good as it should be! It would greatly increase my enjoyment of the board to have a handy place to store first names, rather than sifting back through PM's. :wink: I used to keep them in a spreadsheet, saved from a thread, but now don't remember where on my hard drive that resides, LOL!!!
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#2 Postby mf_dolphin » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:26 am

It's a great idea and I'll see what I can do. Unfortunately there's no way to go back and make existing members enter a location.
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”