No Toolbar at bottom of pages for 'Post a Reply"

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Annie Oakley
Category 5
Category 5

No Toolbar at bottom of pages for 'Post a Reply"

#1 Postby Annie Oakley » Thu May 26, 2011 8:55 am

Hi...I need help. At the bottom of any given thread page I have the 'Post a Reply' box and to the right of that are some 'Smilies' but there isn't that Toolbar that I see right now while writing this, which allows me to edit the post for bold, italic, underline etc. Nor do I have the Font color box. Should I have that Toolbar?
The only way I can edit my post is to preview it first and then edit it and then submit. It takes a long time and it can be frustrating. OR I have to hit the 'Quote' button on someone else's previous post to get the Toolbar, font colors etc.

Ravyrn was so kind as to explain to be how to insert stuff before and after a phrase to change the color but that takes a long time too lol.
Hope I explained this all okay and thanks for any help.
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

Re: No Toolbar at bottom of pages for 'Post a Reply"

#2 Postby mf_dolphin » Thu May 26, 2011 10:09 am

What you see at the bottom of the page is the "quick reply" feature. It's great of a simple reply but doesn't have all of the editing features of the normal reply. To use the full reply feature click on the Post Reply button which is above and to the right of the quick reply box
0 likes   

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby WeatherGuesser » Thu May 26, 2011 10:36 am

If it were up to me, I'd eliminate the smileys (especially the 5 or 6 extra, animated ones) and add the Quote, Code, Bold, Italic and basic Color attributes. Not necessarily the whole color picker palette though.

But it's really quite simple to paste BBCode from NotePad or any other text editor utility and it doesn't need to take much time.
0 likes   

Annie Oakley
Category 5
Category 5

#4 Postby Annie Oakley » Thu May 26, 2011 10:41 am

mf_dolphin! I feel like a dunce now ha ha! :oops: I NEVER even noticed that....
I see the 'postreply' button above and to the left of this 'post a reply' box, next to the 'newtopic' button.
Thanks!!
0 likes   

mf_dolphin
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby mf_dolphin » Thu May 26, 2011 2:01 pm

Glad to help Annie :-)
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”