No registration email/can't register.

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

No registration email/can't register.

#1 Postby Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:38 pm

Sorry to bother you guys, but I've been trying to register for at least a week now. I haven't received the registration email, and I can't find a way to "contact an administrator." I'm hoping that this will get through and somebody can help.

My username is/will be (hopefully) "Craters."

Thanks!
0 likes   

Nikki
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Santa Fe, TX (yes I typed that right TEXAS not New Mexico, I am about 20 miles from Galveston, TX)

Re: No registration email/can't register.

#2 Postby Nikki » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:41 pm

I am not an admin, but I will try to help...Did you check to see if your registration email went to your spam folder? :D
0 likes   
My name is Nicole and this is what I go by in Storm2k chat! Come chat with us! We have fun in there too!!

A teacher's purpose is not to create students in her own image, but to develop students who can create their own image. ~Author Unknown

Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike

#3 Postby Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi, Nikki --

Yep, I did. Nothing there and nothing in my junk folder, either. (Seems that they're two different folders with Comcast.)

And thank you for replying so fast! Yours was the first real-life indication that I'm not hallucinating about the site!!
0 likes   

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#4 Postby RL3AO » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:52 pm

I'll look into it for you

UPDATE: Can you log in now?
0 likes   

Craters
Category 1
Category 1

#5 Postby Craters » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:59 pm

Hah!! YESSSSS!!! :D

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!

At last! Woohoo!!!

(Sorry, but that's a load off my mind.) Heh. I hope you don't regret doing that, RL3AO... :lol:

And thank you again, Nikki!
0 likes   
Nothing that I post here should ever be treated as a forecast or anything resembling one. Please check with your local NWS office or the NHC for forecasts, watches, and warnings.

RL3AO
Moderator-Pro Met
Moderator-Pro Met

#6 Postby RL3AO » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:10 pm

Welcome to Storm2k!
0 likes   

Nikki
S2K Supporter
S2K Supporter
Location: Santa Fe, TX (yes I typed that right TEXAS not New Mexico, I am about 20 miles from Galveston, TX)

#7 Postby Nikki » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:04 am

You are so very welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Storm2k, this is an awesome site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel free to ask questions and add your thoughts!!!
0 likes   
My name is Nicole and this is what I go by in Storm2k chat! Come chat with us! We have fun in there too!!

A teacher's purpose is not to create students in her own image, but to develop students who can create their own image. ~Author Unknown

Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike

Guest_404

#8 Postby Guest_404 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:09 pm

I've been having the same problem, in that I haven't received my activation email for the two months since I technically registered. (Is this what I get for picking the username "404UserNotFound"?) And no, it's not in the junk folder.
0 likes   

404GuestNotFound

#9 Postby 404GuestNotFound » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:47 pm

And now it has been three months, and I have noticed at least one user has been able to register between my last post and this one. (Although I haven't tried resending the activation email in a while.)
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re:

#10 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:07 am

404GuestNotFound wrote:And now it has been three months, and I have noticed at least one user has been able to register between my last post and this one. (Although I haven't tried resending the activation email in a while.)

It is not a screen name we will allow on this site. Please choose another one if you want to register.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

404GuestNotFound

#11 Postby 404GuestNotFound » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:16 pm

I had received no indication of that. I'll try again with a new username.
0 likes   

404GuestNotFound

#12 Postby 404GuestNotFound » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:21 pm

It says that the email address is already in use. If the account with the previous username cannot be activated, delete it.
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

#13 Postby vbhoutex » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:12 pm

What username and email are you trying to use?
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.
Please click below to donate to STORM2K to help with the expenses of keeping the site going:

404GuestNotFound

#14 Postby 404GuestNotFound » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:37 pm

That would be hairball@ramblemuse.com, and I attempted to sign up with the username "404UserNotFound", sans quotes of course. The signup went through OK, except for the fact that I never got my activation email.

(I'm thinking about signing up with a name like ExistenceDenied, in a little reference to this event.)
0 likes   

404GuestNotFound

#15 Postby 404GuestNotFound » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:21 pm

Four months in, and I still don't know exactly what the situation is. I have a really good question, too. :(
0 likes   

vbhoutex
Storm2k Executive
Storm2k Executive

Re:

#16 Postby vbhoutex » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:16 pm

404GuestNotFound wrote:Four months in, and I still don't know exactly what the situation is. I have a really good question, too. :(

I have not seen that one come through yet. Send a new request and post here what it is(email and user name). If it passes our "tests" it will be granted.
0 likes   
Skywarn, C.E.R.T.

404GuestNotFound

#17 Postby 404GuestNotFound » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:04 pm

Same email as above, new attempted username is "ExistenceDenied" (without the quotes), as a bit of a reference to this event.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

Re:

#18 Postby tolakram » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:21 pm

404GuestNotFound wrote:Same email as above, new attempted username is "ExistenceDenied" (without the quotes), as a bit of a reference to this event.

Not sure what you are doing but the latest batch of requests shows 404UserNotFound as registered with your email, so I activated it. You can use that account to post.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

404UserNotFound
Tropical Depression
Tropical Depression

#19 Postby 404UserNotFound » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:18 pm

Yay! It works now!

(From what I read in this discussion, I thought that my initial username was on some sort of blacklist of forbidden usernames.)
0 likes   
Please note: Never take any statements I make about forecasts at face value, as I am nowhere near professional at that.

Texas Breeze

#20 Postby Texas Breeze » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Can I get on? I am waiting for email Texas Breeze.
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”