A suggestion

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

A suggestion

#1 Postby Kalrany » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:57 am

A small navigation suggestion: can we have the full page path set at the bottom of the pages as well as at the top? It would be nice when at the bottom of a long multi-post deep within a sub-forum to be able to return to an index page in the sub-forum and not only all the way back to the main board index. While we can scroll to the top, I often end up clicking on an erroneous link and get shunted elsewhere. This suggestion would make navigation just a bit easier for us fimble-fingered mobile users.
0 likes   
TOTAL NOVICE. The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.
Lansing MI, Galveston TX, Madison WI, Houston TX, Newark DE

tolakram
Admin
Admin

Re: A suggestion

#2 Postby tolakram » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:08 am

I think this is a good suggestion, not sure difficult the change is with the theme we use but I'll look into it.

Did you know you can get back to the top of the page by clicking on the completely non obvious almost invisible grey up arrow at the bottom right of each post? :lol: This might help with the navigation as well.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

#3 Postby WeatherGuesser » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:10 am

"Home' key on my keyboard takes me to the top.
0 likes   

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#4 Postby Kalrany » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:31 pm

That's what that is? Cool. Edit: wow, uhm, my fingers can't make it work on my phone. But that should be good for the computer.

There is no home key on the phone.
0 likes   
TOTAL NOVICE. The following post is NOT an official forecast and should not be used as such. It is just the opinion of the poster. It is NOT endorsed by any professional institution including storm2k.org For Official Information please refer to the NHC and NWS products.

WeatherGuesser
Category 5
Category 5

#5 Postby WeatherGuesser » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Kalrany wrote:There is no home key on the phone.

No phone home?

:eek:
0 likes   

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#6 Postby Kalrany » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:02 pm

:lol:
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin

#7 Postby tolakram » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:07 pm

Kalrany wrote:That's what that is? Cool. Edit: wow, uhm, my fingers can't make it work on my phone. But that should be good for the computer.

There is no home key on the phone.

Added some up down buttons on the lower right of longer pages. Works well on mobile as well, for me anyway. Let me know what you think.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#8 Postby Kalrany » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:34 am

Me likey!

Thank you!
0 likes   

Kalrany
Tropical Storm
Tropical Storm

#9 Postby Kalrany » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:11 am

Sorry to post again, but I wanted to let you know that not all the sub-forums have the scroll buttons. The active EPac storms sub-forum, for example.
0 likes   

Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”