Account Inactive

This forum is for making test posts, requesting assistance, and making suggestions

Moderator: S2k Moderators

Message
Author
user27

Account Inactive

#1 Postby user27 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 pm

Dear Storm2K staff:

I have tried to make two different accounts on your website, but neither of my accounts were ever activated. I have considered joining for some time and would like to become a member. If you would please let me know why my account is still inactive, I would appreciate it! My username is "captainbarbossa19."

Thank you.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin
Posts: 14934
Age: 56
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: Florence, KY (name is Mark)

Re: Account Inactive

#2 Postby tolakram » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:10 am

user27 wrote:Dear Storm2K staff:

I have tried to make two different accounts on your website, but neither of my accounts were ever activated. I have considered joining for some time and would like to become a member. If you would please let me know why my account is still inactive, I would appreciate it! My username is "captainbarbossa19."

Thank you.


Howdy,

I can't find that user in the system, are you sure it's spelled correctly? Make sure the system is accepting your name when you are asked for a username.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

user27

Re: Account Inactive

#3 Postby user27 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:11 am

I think that the system may have lost my information because I think I created the second account back in June. Should I just create another one with a different username?
0 likes   

user27

Re: Account Inactive

#4 Postby user27 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:10 pm

My username is actually "captainbarbossa18." I checked my email and that is what I used. Is that username in the system?

[quote="tolakram"][quote="user27"]Dear Storm2K staff:

I have tried to make two different accounts on your website, but neither of my accounts were ever activated. I have considered joining for some time and would like to become a member. If you would please let me know why my account is still inactive, I would appreciate it! My username is "captainbarbossa19."

Thank you.[/quote]

Howdy,

I can't find that user in the system, are you sure it's spelled correctly? Make sure the system is accepting your name when you are asked for a username.[/quote]
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin
Posts: 14934
Age: 56
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: Florence, KY (name is Mark)

Re: Account Inactive

#5 Postby tolakram » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:57 pm

user27 wrote:I think that the system may have lost my information because I think I created the second account back in June. Should I just create another one with a different username?


Yes, create a new account and make sure you use an email you have access to. I should see it come across and can activate your account.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

user27

Re: Account Inactive

#6 Postby user27 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:13 pm

I just created a new username. I went with "captainbarbossa19" since I never created that account.
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin
Posts: 14934
Age: 56
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: Florence, KY (name is Mark)

Re: Account Inactive

#7 Postby tolakram » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:31 am

user27 wrote:I just created a new username. I went with "captainbarbossa19" since I never created that account.


Activated, welcome!
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

User avatar
captainbarbossa19
Tropical Low
Tropical Low
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:09 pm
Location: SE TX region (east of Houston)

Re: Account Inactive

#8 Postby captainbarbossa19 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:28 am

tolakram wrote:
user27 wrote:I just created a new username. I went with "captainbarbossa19" since I never created that account.


Activated, welcome!


Thank you! Is there a way I can upload a custom avatar from my computer or does it have to come from a website?
0 likes   

tolakram
Admin
Admin
Posts: 14934
Age: 56
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: Florence, KY (name is Mark)

Re: Account Inactive

#9 Postby tolakram » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:09 pm

captainbarbossa19 wrote:
tolakram wrote:
user27 wrote:I just created a new username. I went with "captainbarbossa19" since I never created that account.


Activated, welcome!


Thank you! Is there a way I can upload a custom avatar from my computer or does it have to come from a website?


It's broken at the moment, It should be fixed during to off season when we upgrade.
0 likes   
M a r k
- - - - -
Join us in chat: Storm2K Chatroom Invite. Android and IOS apps also available.

The posts in this forum are NOT official forecasts and should not be used as such. Posts are NOT endorsed by any professional institution or STORM2K.org. For official information and forecasts, please refer to NHC and NWS products.

User avatar
captainbarbossa19
Tropical Low
Tropical Low
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:09 pm
Location: SE TX region (east of Houston)

Re: Account Inactive

#10 Postby captainbarbossa19 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:37 pm

tolakram wrote:
captainbarbossa19 wrote:
tolakram wrote:
Activated, welcome!


Thank you! Is there a way I can upload a custom avatar from my computer or does it have to come from a website?


It's broken at the moment, It should be fixed during to off season when we upgrade.


All right. I am guessing that "off-season" refers to after the end of hurricane season?
0 likes   


Return to “Tests, Help, & Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest